Would you like to play a game, but adult content only as a bonus ?

Jind0

Nov 17, 2020
I'm currently develop my own game.
While my focus is on the story & gameplay (battle-focused), the game itself won't resolve around the adult stuff.
The adult content served only on early game and almost at the end of the game (H-scene), thats why I called it, a "bonus"
For reference, you can choose the one of the girls story route to see their respective endings, just like VN.

Would it interest you to play this game ?

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
If I played a game like that, then it would be for the story and gameplay (since that's where the focus is) and not for the adult content. There's a reason that users come to a forum like F95, and it's primarily for the adult content in games and assets. And if that's not the objective for your game, then it sounds like you can just remove or rework those scenes (to occur off-screen) from your game. I have played games in the past formulated much like you've said, and I have to admit I didn't care for it in the way they were intended very much. Either I liked the story and its gameplay as they were able to stand on their own, or more often was the case I didn't like them since they didn't bring enough of the promised adult content to the fore. Thus, the game should either be more accessible to a wider audience by omitting such content; or if the target audience is for adults with an adult-oriented game, then the game needs to have some degree of focus on said content. Either way, best of luck on your project!

Jind0

Nov 17, 2020
If I played a game like that, then it would be for the story and gameplay (since that's where the focus is) and not for the adult content. There's a reason that users come to a forum like F95, and it's primarily for the adult content in games and assets. And if that's not the objective for your game, then it sounds like you can just remove or rework those scenes (to occur off-screen) from your game. I have played games in the past formulated much like you've said, and I have to admit I didn't care for it in the way they were intended very much. Either I liked the story and its gameplay as they were able to stand on their own, or more often was the case I didn't like them since they didn't bring enough of the promised adult content to the fore. Thus, the game should either be more accessible to a wider audience by omitting such content; or if the target audience is for adults with an adult-oriented game, then the game needs to have some degree of focus on said content. Either way, best of luck on your project!
Thats where the problem is, lol
I really plan to insert the H-scene into my game, that would narrow it down to only adult audience.
Either, I removed the adult stuff completely to be more accessible to wider audience, or add more stuff to really focused for the adults.

Man, its hard choice. :ROFLMAO:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Adult-oriented games can have good gameplay (relative term there, lol) in conjunction with adult scenes. Those types of games tend to marry the different spheres in some way -- either through the story or injecting them directly into the gameplay. A well-known example of this is Sierra Lee's . That game has a very complex story and yet at no point will any reasonable person will ever think it isn't an H-game since the adult subject matter and scenes are profuse and present throughout all aspects of the game and its story.

On the other hand, the way I'm understanding what your game is presently is that it isn't this. Its focus, as you say, is its story and battle mechanics. The way you're describing your game currently is that the H-scenes are more of an afterthought that's tacked onto the game. You said it yourself that it is more of a "bonus" than anything else which doesn't suggest that it adds to your game in any significant or meaningful way. I'm not trying to be a downer, Jind; it's just how I'm seeing it from what you've described of your proposed game thus far.

That isn't to say that type of game wouldn't succeed. If done well, you can incorporate a type of a "reward system" for the H-scenes. Something like, oh, , for example. Now here's a game that definitely focuses on its battle system first, its story second, and lastly the sex scenes. I couldn't tell you any of the names of any of the characters or be able to describe any of the sex scenes from memory alone. What I can tell you is that its gameplay and battle system were quite memorial. The scenes were short, toss-away scenes that was "rewarded" to the player for completing an objective or winning over a character to the player's side (which, in turn, meant they were numerous). That and its gameplay was what I remember of the game.

Unfortunately, finding even halfway decent adult games where gameplay takes priority first along with a purposeful dearth of scenes is the exception rather than the rule. That's because when you get down to it, it's essentially marketed as an adult game with very few scenes. This defeats the purpose of what an adult, sex-oriented game is supposed to be, after all. Hence, in my opinion, this doesn't hold up well and as I mentioned in the earlier post, I don't typically care for them. It's simply not a good combo. Either it is an adult game, or it isn't (regardless of gameplay mechanics); and if it is, then it should play to that strength. Otherwise, you're just wasting everyone's time.

That last line isn't meant for Jind directly, but rather a general statement overall. To Jind, however, I'll go back to my original suggestion from the earlier post...
Thus, the game should either be more accessible to a wider audience by omitting such content; or if the target audience is for adults with an adult-oriented game, then the game needs to have some degree of focus on said content.
To all following the thread, have fun out there and be kind to one another. Be safe, y'all! Cheers!

Reactions: Jind0

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
quite alot of adult games have the nsfw toggle to remove adult scenes and skip adult dialogue, like treasure of nadia for example

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
To be honest, I'd have to pass. Games that I play here are played for mix of story, battle, and adult content. Now if you took the idea and added in an optional relationship builder for the adult content, I'd be interested, but it'd also have to be animated.