Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Yes but only if on the second playthrough i unlock new outfits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes if I can rename the characters and there aliases

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ceadmondo

Apr 3, 2022
Yes infact I'm asking because I don't know how to program and my story is linear (like most other games) and I feel like most games can make you feel lost as I keep sprinting over the text to get to the sex scenes on my second gameplay and forget what to do and some even if you read them you get lose (milfy city) and why so many have a quide and a trillion gameplay videos.

So would you play a linear game? It's like playing a normal game without the confusing interface and rooms you scour looking for the next button to press.

Douve

Jun 1, 2017
If it's not a kynetic novel then yes why not. Depends on the game (visuals, story, ...)
I mean choices have to put some impact at least a bit, if choices doesn't matter at all to me it's a kynetic in disguise.

Reactions: Ceadmondo

Ceadmondo

Apr 3, 2022
If it's not a kynetic novel then yes why not. Depends on the game (visuals, story, ...)
I mean choices have to put some impact at least a bit, if choices doesn't matter at all to me it's a kynetic in disguise.
All games seem to have fake options and the illusion of choice so well used, I agree absolutely has to effect the story or the gameplay. Thank you for your input.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Depends on the Game obviously. Writing has to be great.

Ceadmondo

Apr 3, 2022
Depends on the Game obviously. Writing has to be great.
Hi thanks for commenting.

I belive that almost all games here are littrealy linear with confusing rooms and side quests to stretch the games, milfy city and station 34 are one example and they kinda have situations for a story and played a lot of games that have no effect in player choice, just confusing layout I don't know how to program so I'm asking.

But I would say the game is not mediocre and have several girls with each doing her own thing.

Thanks for your input.

capital2500

Jun 6, 2022
Usually not, because that´s more like a picture book for me, not like a game. Doesn´t mean it is bad, but it is no game in my opinion.

I'm aware of the matter that most choices are let´s say "fake" because you running arround and will sooner or later
land on point what the dev have decidet. But i like that illusion.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
A story is a story. You can tell it as a text, a movie, a music album, a video game and probably dozens of other methods. If you tell a good story, people will engage.

Also: I'd rather play a game by a developer who knows they are not good programmers and make the game fit their skills than a game by a developer who doesn't know he can't program and messes the game up.

Stick to what you know and you're comfortable with, especially with your first game. After you finish your first game, decide where you want to go next.

Good luck!

Ceadmondo

Apr 3, 2022
A story is a story. You can tell it as a text, a movie, a music album, a video game and probably dozens of other methods. If you tell a good story, people will engage.

Also: I'd rather play a game by a developer who knows they are not good programmers and make the game fit their skills than a game by a developer who doesn't know he can't program and messes the game up.

Stick to what you know and you're comfortable with, especially with your first game. After you finish your first game, decide where you want to go next.

Good luck!
Yes indeed and I hope my story can deliver and I'm not telling my self it's good because I'm lazy.

Also your second paragraph means a lot to me since I spent years learning 3D but I can't afford years to learn python, I kinda learned 3d while in the teen years and now I'm 23 and life ain't going no where and almost no one would hire me because my experience is Blender and I lack a college degree (too occupied helping family when i was little) I hope I can make a game that meet standers and can pull me and my family out of the hell financial situation.

Thank you for your input really means a lot <3

Reactions: Doorknob22
Aug 28, 2021
Hi,

What genre? A FPS, a hack-n-slash, a card game barely need a story, all which matters is style and gameplay. If gameplay is good and style isn't awful, I could play those for life.

On the other hand, an enquete, even the better writed, is wonderful "only once" if choices are only cosmetic. I mean, the first play will be great and I may replay it and enjoy it months or years later but no again and again (well... if the lore is incredible, maybe, just for learning more about peoples, world, etc... but, as an alone dev, you can't aim Baldur's gate)

In few words : the game loop is essential. If the game rely on plot discovery, I will play it once. If the game give a good experience even when I know the story, I could play it again and again.

Reactions: Ceadmondo

Scarpia

Jan 12, 2020
There is nothing wrong with a good linear game with just one ending in any genre of game, multiple ends are made to prolong the gameplay and thus sell it with a higher price. On the other end if done right like games from Quantic Dream or the deceased TellTale Games can be very good.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
if you want to present a STORY, linear is almost forced. if you want a GAME, a game is all about choices.

between those two there's hypertext, ie. VNs, which try to eat their cake and save it too. so it's a balancing act, depends on whether you want choices that matter or if you just want to tell a story.