Would you play a VN with two storylines / two main characters?

Intrested?

• Total voters

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Morning guys.

I'm playing with the idea of create my own little game.
It would be about two things.

Steve. he lives together with his father, mother and a girl called Jenny. Her parents died when she was very young. They've been close friends to the famely, so Steve's father took her in.
Now Steve's father and mother go on a vacation for two weeks, leaving the two kids at home while putting Jenny in charge.
She tries to use her "authorety" over Steve to controle him. Not that it would work (at least if you, the player, make the right decissions)

and

Daniel. A guy that can read peoples minds. he had to move from his hometown to a bigger city so he could hide his abileties in the masses of people. Now he lives with his uncle Peter. To his surprise he finds something at his new school that he didn't expect. A girl whose thoughts he can't read. Strangest thing is, she is the only human he has ever met that he can't get a read on.

And that's it. You'd be able to choose the character you want to play beforehand. The stories are interconected. Daniel meets Steve pretty early on, since he's also a student at his new school. They become friends (or not, if you, the player, mess things up pretty badly)

I got the bounderies of the main story in my head. There is a good ending for both stories, don't want to spoil anything. I'd also extend the game by introducing unique girls at school that BOTH main characters can interact and try to get laid with. Some easy, some pretty challenging.

There will be a way that i intend the story to go. That would be what happens to the other character for example Steve while playing Daniel. But I'd like to build in numerious valid ways through the game. Hope you can underestand where I'm going with this. The only question is. What do you think about that idea?

I can see why someone might find it too complicatd (even though i try to keep it very simple)
What about the story?
Mind reading, the supernatural aspect ...

Any feedback is welcome

Reactions: RanliLabz

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
She tries to use her "authorety" over Steve to controle him. Not that it would work (at least if you, the player, make the right decissions)
What if I want it to work? There better be femdom!

To his surprise he finds something at his new school that he didn't expect. A girl whose thoughts he can't read. Strangest thing is, she is the only human he has ever met that he can't get a read on.
Is her name Sookie Stackhouse? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

ZZ23

Jan 21, 2019
It is interesting idea but problem is going to be execution and I think there might be just too much work as first time.
Also it tricky to make player care about both characters.

From what you told us it seems more interesting to merge these two characters into one. Because you really need a lot of content for both to make it worth while, you are essentially creating two stories so both need to be equally refined.
So it can be best thing ever or you can have two mediocre stories that fail to engage the player.

Mind reading is too powerful and such is going to limit your writing and make it boring so I would suggest using some other
super natural ability that doesn't limit you but gives more options.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Sounds great!

However, you might find it very hard to make both stories at once (they both sound like full games and the work to make one game is enormous). I would suggest making one first and then adding in the second afterwards. Heck, you could even carry on adding alt-characters (e.g. Jenny for a femdom play through, or the mystery girl for whatever monster/alien scenario you have in mind).