Writing/Design experience with idea for an succubus style game but as an arpg

Jul 25, 2019
REASONING:
First off I want to state that the reason this isn't in recruitment/services is because I wanted to get some potential team members together and discuss whether or not the project would be feasible for them, before committing to the actual project.

IDEA:
Basically the idea is to create a Succubus style game. By that I mean that the player controls a succubus type of character that can seduce the enemies with powers to activate hentai scenes. However, rather than being a sidescroller, it would be a fixed angle isometric arpg in which the player can choose to move in most directions.

The game is intended to be pixel graphics for the moving around the world and fighting and seducing and stuff. However, the hentai scenes would play out in more detailed graphics, maybe using honey select or something. Like, a window would open and show the more detailed 3d animated hentai scene above or on top of or around the character. I know there are some games that do this but I can't remember the exact names at this moment.

POSSIBLE TEAM COMPOSITION:
I envision requiring at least 2 types of artists. One artist would work on the pixel graphics and the other would work on the hentai animations. This is more than to just offload the two art styles onto two unique people. It's also to speed the production process.

This project would also require at least one programmer, probably, depending on the engine chosen. RPG maker engines typically aren't viable for arpg mechanics so I imagine it would default to something more like unity? Whatever is best for the team.

OTHER INFORMATION:
I actually tried to test this idea out to make a prototype myself but I could not find the motivation to endure my lack of a passion for actually making the hentai scenes.

If I could find potential team members who would be willing to discuss these ideas and decide if they are feasible then I would want to move forward with the project as free to play but with a patreon for anyone who wants to support the game.

In terms of the sexual content, I envision a lot of poses and animations broken down into segmented scenes or gifs that last until the player closes it out themself.

Hopefully we could make the game able to play one handed, maybe all mouse or simple keyboard controls? Or give time for players to choose how long a scene goes or something.

That's the basic breakdown of the idea. If this sounds interesting then send me a message and we can try to figure out a place for a small group to chat - maybe on discord or something. We can put together a quick prototype and throw it on here to see how people respond to the idea with a little bit of weight behind it.

Last edited: