Sep 17, 2023
Okay, so, the little crow-part of my brain got a hold of the prostitution idea, and wouldn't leave the rest of my brain alone. So I've gone ahead and built a brothel for the Academy. Now, I haven't tested it yet, if I do that this close to bedtime, I'll miss bedtime entirely while testing & debugging. So I'll start testing & debugging in the morning.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not sure how long it'll take to test and debug, I hope this will be well-received. If there are suggestions about costs, throw them out there. Right now, it costs you time and money, and the girl mostly gets just money. If you leave a tip (optional at the end) it also boosts affection a little. No cost at all if you don't tip.

Sep 17, 2023
PROBLEM... everything is working fine up to where it plays a video for the event... then the video goes to the FULL GAME SCREEN and all you can do is close the game.

Code:
    $ renpy.movie_start_displayable(webmFinder.get("useface",_girl = selectedGirl),loops=-1)
This is the code to pick and launch a movie, from the exam events... it works well there, not so well here... just takes a big dump on everything. No error code. No traceback.
I'm trying to close the video using this
Code:
    $ renpy.movie()
, but I don't know if I have the right syntax. Or if I'm trying to move to a separate video properly. There are a couple lines of dialogue between each movie... any help is appreciated... I'm a bit stuck... maybe I need more caffeine...

Reactions: WarblGarbl
Sep 17, 2023
Well, it seems to be working. It's not quite the way I'd envisioned, and I still have some work to do on the images it uses (the ones I made before are totally unsuitable, utter rubbish, beyond redemption. Those responsible have already been sacked.), but the script itself seems to work.
Now, each of the movies in the sexy-bits will play full-screen. This is now by design. I couldn't get the _start_displayable bit to work at all, no matter what I did, poor, poor goats. So I abandoned it, and now use _cutscene instead. So the movie plays full-screen, but a click and you're on to the next bit. No more crashing.
The script is still set-up to check for only half of the amount you actually pay, but it does deduct the correct amount of money from you, and gives it all to the girl you called. I still haven't worked out why it's double-billing. It's not working optimally, but it's also not broken.

Whether the girls use the money to buy new panties is another matter... I suppose it's their money now, they can buy drugs and alcohol if they want to...

Not sure how long it's going to take me to build, or find, appropriate images to use for the four backgrounds I need. Still gotta get dinner underway... maybe sometime this evening I'll be able to deploy them.

Sep 17, 2023
I put together a new image for the brothel, and found some adequate pictures. The brothel is now available on the Google docs.
There is two variations, one has the panty raid, and one doesn't. Both include corrected videos, since the original files had a space between the character string and the number. I'm pretty sure that's why the videos for the creampie_throat always seemed problematic, I removed the space and haven't had 404's since. They're both about 6.25Mb...

Edit: I forgot to mention, the brothel is now only open until 22:45...

Reactions: WarblGarbl

Smegmut

Oct 30, 2020
Go check out - Anything open-source is free, it offers a wide range of options for encoding to .webm, .mp4 or one other I don't pay attention to... can't think of it now. It outputs really small files, I like the compression, and you can do dozens of files in a single run. I've done forty in one shot, just added the folder, set the queue and let it go.
Okay, sounds good to me - thanks C.S. (y)

Reactions: Canadian_sausage
Sep 17, 2023
I just know how much you all love hearing me talk to myself, and frankly, I like the sound of my own voice. Now, because I just can't leave things alone, especially stuff I did, I've started a new project. I am re-vamping the panty raid!
Things I have already written (but not tested) code for:
There will be potential for even greater rewards, but also more severe penalties for failure. Once I get it working, I'll try and test it as thoroughly as I can. Since it's just using if/elif/else arguments, I can't see any major issues, other than the time to actually write all of the different segments. There are five new images for it too, a house at night, entryway, two bedrooms, one possible alternate house. I might add something with cop cars with their lights on too. Maybe even a booking room for the catastrophic ending. Probably only around 5-6 Mb again, since there are no movies planned.

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
I just know how much you all love hearing me talk to myself, and frankly, I like the sound of my own voice. Now, because I just can't leave things alone, especially stuff I did, I've started a new project. I am re-vamping the panty raid!
Things I have already written (but not tested) code for:
There will be potential for even greater rewards, but also more severe penalties for failure. Once I get it working, I'll try and test it as thoroughly as I can. Since it's just using if/elif/else arguments, I can't see any major issues, other than the time to actually write all of the different segments. There are five new images for it too, a house at night, entryway, two bedrooms, one possible alternate house. I might add something with cop cars with their lights on too. Maybe even a booking room for the catastrophic ending. Probably only around 5-6 Mb again, since there are no movies planned.
Sounds neat, I like how you're mods add to the game. It seems like a shame that panties aren't that valuable in my opinion. I'm eager to see this update! I do fear that your new planned system may make the whole activity too risky. Losing prestige and affection seems rough.

I've enjoyed the brothel update, as it gives a new use for the vast wealth you can accumulate besides bribes. It probably should be locked behind some PTA votes, as it seems pretty silly that they're all willing at the start. Maybe have a vote that allows the option for girls to work, and a vote that makes it mandatory? I'm not sure if it is possible to mod PTA votes yet, I'm not knowledgeable with Renpy.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023
Sounds neat, I like how you're mods add to the game. It seems like a shame that panties aren't that valuable in my opinion. I'm eager to see this update! I do fear that your new planned system may make the whole activity too risky. Losing prestige and affection seems rough.

I've enjoyed the brothel update, as it gives a new use for the vast wealth you can accumulate besides bribes. It probably should be locked behind some PTA votes, as it seems pretty silly that they're all willing at the start. Maybe have a vote that allows the option for girls to work, and a vote that makes it mandatory? I'm not sure if it is possible to mod PTA votes yet, I'm not knowledgeable with Renpy.
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I try to build things people might find useful. I'm also thinking of doing a small change to the info mod, to make the button a bit less intrusive, but right now, it's an aesthetic thing. It can wait for the time being.

Panties can be valuable depending on the sponsors you use. Some sponsors ask for them more often than others, it's just another aspect of the 'economy' with the sponsors. For me personally, I usually use only six sponsors, but I do call them in addition to regular jobs. I just don't want to spend days dealing with them. But you can have ten, twelve sponsors, more probably, I think the most I have tested was twelve, which I found it difficult to stay in touch with all of them. Just not enough hours in the day. But everybody has their own way of playing.

I've been looking at more serious consequences as an off-set to people pushing their luck trying too often. The set-up now has a scale, the first fails, you get out with some affection loss and fear gain. More serious consequences for being in the house longer, which also increases the chances of them waking up and catching you in their house.
I'm trying to set it up so there is a reasonably good chance of getting in, getting one pair from one of them, and getting out with no consequences. As long as their fear isn't too high, you can get in easily enough.
It's the whole creeping around in their house that increases the chances of getting nabbed. So the threshold for the attribute drops with each attempt, until you stop or change rooms. So the first attempt might look at fear above 75, below that, success, above it failure. Next attempt might be 60, then 30, then 15. If I use an 'and' in the argument, I can add another attribute to check for the later ones, to decide on how serious a fail it is. I have multiple potential branches I'm "storyboarding" on an Apache Open Office spreadsheet. It helps keep track them. Then the system is the same, only using a different attribute. I've used fear for one, I might use the same for the other, or build in a combination for both, say, fear and corruption or fear and affection. So they might wake up, but pretend they're sleeping, quietly say to take what you have and go. Much lower grade fail, or success, depending on perspective. There will be a fear increase, but only for the one that caught you.

I have also already changed the max loss to school prestige to 1 point for a lockpicking fail, and a max of 3 points if you get caught inside. The latter is a random loss of 1 to 3 points, so it might not be too severe. For the really serious fail, I was thinking of a bribery option, with the player refusing to pay a bribe, or just otherwise being a defiant jerk. Then they go ahead and call the cops and the school takes the big hit. I'm also thinking of making that one of two major fails in the daughter's room only. With the idea being that mom "hears a noise" and wakes up. In her investigation, she finds you in her daughter's room, her daughter wakes up, and you're caught. You are offered a chance to bribe them, if you refuse, catastrophic ending. The other endings would be more similar to the other major fail, where you flee the house, take a few hours to lose the cops, and keep whatever panties you had already taken. I might also make the catastrophic ending less impactful. Much will require some testing before I decide if I'm being too harsh. I may go with a stiff financial penalty and less severe, though still significant, loss of prestige for the school, due to the scandal. I am open to suggestions since I'm still early in development. For now, it's time to go try to get my traditional five or so hours of sleep... one day I'll break through six again...

Sep 17, 2023
So, while I'm working on this, I just thought I'd provide you all with a quick update on what I'm doing.

I gotta run out and do a bunch of errands. I'd say I'm 30-40% done writing, the last part should go a bit faster.

BlackMoridin

Jul 25, 2022
Canadian_sausage & Ninoss
Ok so before i discovered this game i was actually working on creating my own version of examination day, with some different mechanics etc. I just discovered WTM yesterday. Just wanted to ask, is there a place or w.e. i can see if ya'll need help? I used to be a professional coder (technical consultant now) and i've got some free time, on my hands. Would love to help out on the project

Sep 17, 2023
Canadian_sausage & Ninoss
Ok so before i discovered this game i was actually working on creating my own version of examination day, with some different mechanics etc. I just discovered WTM yesterday. Just wanted to ask, is there a place or w.e. i can see if ya'll need help? I used to be a professional coder (technical consultant now) and i've got some free time, on my hands. Would love to help out on the project
Ninoss is the guy to talk to about big coding stuff, this is his baby, I just make little add-ons here and there... aftermarket stuff... the panty raid overhaul is pretty big, but it just replaces the very simple one I put out already.
I did some professional coding back in the 90's and naughties. Then, because I didn't like being unemployed for months-long stretches, I became a welder.
Now, I'm really almost done with the code for the panty raid, I just haven't tested any of it yet. Some I know works from other things I've done, some I'm not sure it's going to do what I want here. if I run into a problem with this new panty raid, could I send you an .rpy file to look at? Fresh eyes often see what tired eyes miss. Skilled eyes too.

There is one thing you could look at, if you feel like it, before I learn how many bugs I have to fix in the first pass of the panty raid. I didn't work with video much when I did code, so I have problems that way. In the brothel I made, I eventually had to use a different tag to play the videos without crashing. The videos in most places in the game scripts use renpy.movie_start_displayable to play the movies, I had to go with renpy.movie_cutscene to play the movies without crashing. They play full-screen, instead of a little video in the middle, not a big issue, but I cannot understand why it wouldn't play the other way. I did have a handler, which I removed, since the cutscene didn't seem to need it.

Reactions: BlackMoridin
Sep 17, 2023
Well, after nine hours of chasing bugs, I decided to rebuild the script. It's less frustrating this way. It's still going to do what I want, just coded a little differently. I'm between 1/4 and 1/3 done, so I should be ready to test it in four to six hours, maybe, if I can keep working on it. But I have successfully completed another revolution around the sun, and everybody insists on making a big deal of it. if I can finish before dinner time, I can start testing after. Otherwise, I won't be testing until the morning. Fingers crossed...

Sep 17, 2023
Well, the panty raid script is working as I wanted... mostly. I have a small issue with the script to take panties from the girl. Mom's works great.
Code:
    $ _clothCountPanties = len(selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe)
    if _clothCountPanties > 1:
      python:
        for _panty in selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe:
          playerObject.steal(_panty)
          "Success! You slip a pair of panties out of her dresser, and stick them in your pocket."
    else:
      "She has none to steal..."
      jump
^^^ This is what I've got checking for, and stealing panties. During the raid, everything looks great. If she has no panties, it does precisely what it's supposed to do and kicks you out of her room. The problem is that when I get back to the apartment, and check my panty stash, I have at least twice as many panties as I successfully stole during the event often more. And I don't know why. I'd initially patterned it after the stolen panties script in the lb_retrospective, but it kept giving me EOF errors. So I patterned it on the script from the evening visit practice exam. In the last test, I had half of the girls panties, four pairs, from a single theft. I'd like to fix this so you're only getting the one pair, I have a feeling I have to work out the loop problem for the first script...

Last edited:

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Well, the panty raid script is working as I wanted... mostly...[/SPOILER]
You should not be able to delete elements from a list while iterating it in a loop.
As you're expecting to empty the list anyway you can simply hard code it like:
Python:
python:
    playerObject.panties += selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe
    selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe = []
It won't do the bunch of checks the steal() function does but tbh you don't really care in that case :cool:

Sep 17, 2023
You should not be able to delete elements from a list while iterating it in a loop.
As you're expecting to empty the list anyway you can simply hard code it like:
Thank you, boss. I've tried it, and well, it actually does the same thing as I was seeing before... it also added "none" from somebody I didn't raid...
On the flip side, if I play normally for a few days before attempting the raid, I'm sometimes lucky to just get in the house... it's too easy early on, and too hard later on... got to find a better balance... so the new one isn't quite ready... it's close, I think... I'll brainstorm a little longer tonight, and maybe take another run at it in the morning.

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
Thank you, boss. I've tried it, and well, it actually does the same thing as I was seeing before... it also added "none" from somebody I didn't raid...
On the flip side, if I play normally for a few days before attempting the raid, I'm sometimes lucky to just get in the house... it's too easy early on, and too hard later on... got to find a better balance... so the new one isn't quite ready... it's close, I think... I'll brainstorm a little longer tonight, and maybe take another run at it in the morning.
Oh yeah I forgot, "none" is a panty, not supposed to be stolen. You can do the same loop as before with .steal() but do it on a copy of the list like _l = whatever.pantiesWardrobe , than iterate on _l instead of the original list.
Can't help you about balance tho, you'll need to have ppl testing your mod to get it right.

Reactions: Canadian_sausage
Sep 17, 2023
I have made a couple of small changes to the entry now.

Remember, every action in the house adds fear to both... and time.... minute here, minute there, and the various endings all have different time requirements. It's possible to do two or three very quick raids, or fail and get only one in. Much depends on your decision to proceed or play it safe.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023
So I wasn't having luck getting the script to not provide "none" panties with the raid on the girls inventory, I started trying to build a dynamic array. Of course, Renpy doesn't like it. This is what I did...

Code:
    $ _clothCountPanties = len(selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe)
    $ panty_list = _panty(selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe)
    $ panty_list.append(selectedGirl.pantiesWardrobe[_panty])
    $ for _panty in panty_list:
    if _panty != "None":
      $ playerObject.steal(_panty)
      "Success! You have gained a pair of panties!"
    else:
      "She has nothing left to take."
      jump panty_raid_landing_2
The script is only in one place, simplifies troubleshooting. The only persistent error I'm getting, is the dreaded...

Code:
File "game/scripts/storyEvents/lb_panty_raid.rpy", line 420: unexpected EOF while parsing
    for _panty in panty_list
I'm still learning renpy, but it's only been about five or six weeks since I really got into it. I know they aren't called arrays in Renpy, but Renpy is starting to seem like that one friend you have, that you have to warn anybody new about, before you introduce them. Anyhoo, I'm still working on the problem, hopefully I'm getting close, because my brain is feeling full.

BlackMoridin

Jul 25, 2022
Ninoss is the guy to talk to about big coding stuff, this is his baby, I just make little add-ons here and there... aftermarket stuff... the panty raid overhaul is pretty big, but it just replaces the very simple one I put out already.
I did some professional coding back in the 90's and naughties. Then, because I didn't like being unemployed for months-long stretches, I became a welder.
Now, I'm really almost done with the code for the panty raid, I just haven't tested any of it yet. Some I know works from other things I've done, some I'm not sure it's going to do what I want here. if I run into a problem with this new panty raid, could I send you an .rpy file to look at? Fresh eyes often see what tired eyes miss. Skilled eyes too.

There is one thing you could look at, if you feel like it, before I learn how many bugs I have to fix in the first pass of the panty raid. I didn't work with video much when I did code, so I have problems that way. In the brothel I made, I eventually had to use a different tag to play the videos without crashing. The videos in most places in the game scripts use renpy.movie_start_displayable to play the movies, I had to go with renpy.movie_cutscene to play the movies without crashing. They play full-screen, instead of a little video in the middle, not a big issue, but I cannot understand why it wouldn't play the other way. I did have a handler, which I removed, since the cutscene didn't seem to need it.
Hey man i'll gladly look at your issues. Send me a DM and we can exchange Discord information, i think that'll be easiest

WarblGarbl

Oct 10, 2017
I'm curious, what happens if you steal a girl's 'none' panties and she tries to go to an exam with no panties and no 'none' panties? Does the game crash? Does she even have a groin area? Scary if true...

How does fear affect moms outside of the mod? I know it makes it easier to get into their house for calling students, but I don't know how it affects her for voting on PTA, if at all. Does she want to vote on your ideas, to not piss you off further, or votes against you because she's pissed?

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes