cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
See this is why I liked the drama we got it set up all this and so much more. As a writer myself and an avid reader this is the stuff I love. The drama made little to no sense to those that don't want to read in between the lines and find the hidden clues or just want to focus on the girl of their choice. We all should have seen this coming the clues where there to find. Ryker tried to kidnap the MC, Stacy was able to slow him down and the MC then was able to knock out Ryker. You know Ryker wanted revenge after that. He tried to get under the MC skin he found his weaken the girls and was going to try to expose that next. Ryker had some sort of shady business going on and it was pretty clear from day one that he was not calling the shots. He tried to do some dumb things and it failed, but he knew the weakness of the MC and that was key. Ryker threatened one of the MC girls and the MC wanted nothing to do with that so he finally raged out after Ryker crossed that final line and punched his mother.

There is so much more to this story so many clues of things to come and I can not wait for them. Do I think there is another connection between Ryker and the MC yes. There seems to be a lot we don't know about the MC as well. How did he end up with Azel rather than foster care or back to his real mother. What really happened to his father, why did his father say his mother left him and never another word about having a sister. So many unanswered question that can leave other possible connections.

Sure I love the lewd content, but it is the story and the background of all the characters that keep me coming back and replaying scenes over and over again to find something that I may have missed. I like the drama we have it as brought us a lot of interesting things and I look forward to more in the future. I am sure we are going to learn more about why Belle and her group took over the school. I am sure there are people that were in charge before that are trying to get that power back from Belle and that will be more drama in the future as well. Sure we want to see more about the basketball team and the drama there. Yes, I want to see more about my favorite characters too, but I have to wait like everyone else. There is a story to tell in between the lewd content, and I can't wait for it to come out.

Thanks BD for your story and sharing it with us. Also have fun with Cyberpunk, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, before I consider buying it myself.
I always assumed Azel was seeing MC's father before he died or at least a friend.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I assumed the same tbh, no concrete reason speaking for myself but that's the impression I got some how :unsure:
Yeah same here I also thought for some reason there was more, kind of enjoying the drama discussion. Good points made on all sides and at least we do not have lazy rape as a drama focus. One argument that was hinted at by people, but not really discussed was the focus of the game. Considering the fact Brain is planning a 5 year game, the game may well have more as one focus. Now if that is true then balancing that out may well be pretty hard.

I have seen a number of games that failed in that and where the drama on the side took away from the story about the MC and the people he really cared about then that it added to it. Personally I think Brain did use the Ryker drama pretty well to introduce and solve certain things while still keeping the girls involved, but also think he could have done that in a less violent way if he had chosen too and that that might have fitted game even better. It is Brain's prerogative as the dev though to make those choices. :)

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I think the perceived problem any of us has with any VN is that we all have things we want to focus on, but can't. You see something in game that you feel is slowing the progress towards your own personal goals in the game with characters. Like things that seem unnecessary like adding a bunch of new characters, adding violence, drama that seems to come out of no where, characters that you just can't seem to talk to, characters that hide things from you, not focusing on tasks you want to focus on, etc.. That problem becomes greater and greater the longer some players have to wait for their pay-off, or frustration hits when you realize you could have done something sooner but didn't get an option to that ends up prolonging the things you want to avoid. These are things that are common in a lot of books and games.

Take this as an example in Lord of the Rings novels the whole story could have been skipped if the eagles where summoned in the beginning to take the ring to mount doom. If that happened would the story still be a classic like it is now. No, we have to go through that journey meet all these crazy characters, have drama between characters, go on side quests, not focus on the group that has the ring. Now in the end those things that deterred you from focusing on the ring brought so many interesting things out, and brought together so many important things in the long run, but also had things you probably didn't care about as well. Now don't get me wrong I am not trying to say WVM is on the lines of a classic series like the Lord of the Rings, I am just trying to get you to think about it from a different perspective.

Hell I want BD to focus on Stacy and give me Stacy content, but you know what I am enjoying every bit of the game waiting for the content I want. Sure there are things he has added that I did not like (Ryker hitting Wendy, I hate violence towards women from men, or how a character acted in a scene), but I can look past those things and focus on the big picture. There are several stories going on here that are trying to be told and so many of them tie things together. Some of those things happen and are clear why they did, and other things take time for you to understand the importance of why it happened. Sometimes you have to suffer through some things you are not a fan of, sometimes you don't and get an option to skip them. The point is if you skip certain aspects you miss out on the full story.

Now don't get me wrong here I have no issues with those that are upset about the drama, or all the characters or whatever. I am just trying to have a healthy conversation with you all and trying to get you to look at things from a different perspective or another angle. Sometimes things are not a bad as they seem when you see the larger picture and sometimes when you skip out on the various parts your story gets boring and you can miss out the details needed to make it great.

I know I come here all the time to discuss things about this game, sometimes you guys agree with me and other times you don't. I am ok with that, I will come here and continue to discuss the game every day. While I know in most cases my opinion is just my opinion, and it should not matter to anyone else. If you like what I say great if you don't that is fine to, as we are all entitled to our own opinions. I love hearing what you all have to say and opening up for a healthy discussion. Since I have joined this community the group here for the most part has been great. We actually have adult conversations and really don't make people feel bad for expressing their opinions. Sure we have those few taboo topics that have caused issues, but for the most part this is one of if not the best thread out here.

Thanks to anyone that made it to the end of my long post, and sorry for rambling on again.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I think the perceived problem any of us has with any VN is that we all have things we want to focus on, but can't. You see something in game that you feel is slowing the progress towards your own personal goals in the game with characters. Like things that seem unnecessary like adding a bunch of new characters, adding violence, drama that seems to come out of no where, characters that you just can't seem to talk to, characters that hide things from you, not focusing on tasks you want to focus on, etc.. That problem becomes greater and greater the longer some players have to wait for their pay-off, or frustration hits when you realize you could have done something sooner but didn't get an option to that ends up prolonging the things you want to avoid. These are things that are common in a lot of books and games.

Take this as an example in Lord of the Rings novels the whole story could have been skipped if the eagles where summoned in the beginning to take the ring to mount doom. If that happened would the story still be a classic like it is now. No, we have to go through that journey meet all these crazy characters, have drama between characters, go on side quests, not focus on the group that has the ring. Now in the end those things that deterred you from focusing on the ring brought so many interesting things out, and brought together so many important things in the long run, but also had things you probably didn't care about as well. Now don't get me wrong I am not trying to say WVM is on the lines of a classic series like the Lord of the Rings, I am just trying to get you to think about it from a different perspective.

Hell I want BD to focus on Stacy and give me Stacy content, but you know what I am enjoying every bit of the game waiting for the content I want. Sure there are things he has added that I did not like (Ryker hitting Wendy, I hate violence towards women from men, or how a character acted in a scene), but I can look past those things and focus on the big picture. There are several stories going on here that are trying to be told and so many of them tie things together. Some of those things happen and are clear why they did, and other things take time for you to understand the importance of why it happened. Sometimes you have to suffer through some things you are not a fan of, sometimes you don't and get an option to skip them. The point is if you skip certain aspects you miss out on the full story.

Now don't get me wrong here I have no issues with those that are upset about the drama, or all the characters or whatever. I am just trying to have a healthy conversation with you all and trying to get you to look at things from a different perspective or another angle. Sometimes things are not a bad as they seem when you see the larger picture and sometimes when you skip out on the various parts your story gets boring and you can miss out the details needed to make it great.

I know I come here all the time to discuss things about this game, sometimes you guys agree with me and other times you don't. I am ok with that, I will come here and continue to discuss the game every day. While I know in most cases my opinion is just my opinion, and it should not matter to anyone else. If you like what I say great if you don't that is fine to, as we are all entitled to our own opinions. I love hearing what you all have to say and opening up for a healthy discussion. Since I have joined this community the group here for the most part has been great. We actually have adult conversations and really don't make people feel bad for expressing their opinions. Sure we have those few taboo topics that have caused issues, but for the most part this is one of if not the best thread out here.

Thanks to anyone that made it to the end of my long post, and sorry for rambling on again.
That's a good way of putting it, thank you, oh and I for one never tire of your "ramblings". ;)

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019

I get what you mean. There's obviously a great scheme of things only BD knows and he tries to develop it while tying everything up. But there is so much to tie up in this scheme of things of his that, after a year of development, I'm lost. The final version would probably make all the sense as Lord of the Rings does, but right now the intermediate product is an odd mixture, and it's easy to suspect (probably wrongly) that some elements are forced or just a result of a sudden urge to add them just for the sake of inserting a bright idea that might not be that bright. So yeah, judging a work in progress for what we're actually seeing at a certain point of development is always unwise, but also hard to resist (and a year of development feels like a reasonable time to have some well-based guesses about the overall product, especially when there's so much content released so far, but it seems it's not WVM's case, which I don't know if it's good news or not).

Also, Lord of the Rings type of stories (long, complex, with so many elements intertwinned) are not up for everybody. Probably I'm a man of simpler tastes and that's all.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I get what you mean. There's obviously a great scheme of things only BD knows and he tries to develop it while tying everything up. But there is so much to tie up in this scheme of things of his that, after a year of development, I'm lost. The final version would probably make all the sense as Lord of the Rings does, but right now the intermediate product is an odd mixture, and it's easy to suspect (probably wrongly) that some elements are forced or just a result of a sudden urge to add them just for the sake of inserting a bright idea that might not be that bright. So yeah, judging a work in progress for what we're actually seeing at a certain point of development is always unwise, but also hard to resist (and a year of development feels like a reasonable time to have some well-based guesses about the overall product, especially when there's so much content released so far, but it seems it's not WVM's case, which I don't know if it's good news or not).

Also, Lord of the Rings type of stories (long, complex, with so many elements intertwinned) are not up for everybody. Probably I'm a man of simpler tastes and that's all.
I get where you are coming from too so no worries at all. Like I said all I want is to get people to think about things from a different perspective. Not saying I am right or wrong about this, I just like to open up the conversations about WVM.

Yeah I know LOTR is not for everyone it was just used in a conversation I had with someone the other day so it felt relevant here too.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
So sometime in the next 10-20 days I think we should expect the next update to WVM. I was just wondering what you think will happen in that update. Based on what we know already the Nurse Mabel gave medical clearance for the MC to move to trying to shoot a basketball. We know that he is expected to head to the gym to test out what he can do, and then have a conversation with Belle. If you took up Mabel's offer you should get the conclusion of the lewd scene with the unnamed custodian before the other two scenes. Do you think anything else will happen in the update outside of those things?

Here is what I think we will see:

• The conclusion of the sex scene which hopefully gives the option to hold out again (I like the idea of saving up for Jamie)
  • Shooting the basketball but with some teammates (Skye for sure, but maybe some new players as well, possibly Marcus?)
  • Conversation with Belle and Harper about how Belle will help them out this season to succeed. (would be nice to get some information about the aftermath with Damien, Ryker, Kenji, Gorg and the unnamed bouncer as well)
  • Maybe the interview with Moon finally (not going to hold my breath on this one but it could be a good time)
  • Finally my last hope is either a lewd scene with Jamie to make a deposit or a date with Natalie in the theater room.

I would love to hear what you think. Don't forget to use spoilers as not everyone has played the day 8 updates yet.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
So sometime in the next 10-20 days I think we should expect the next update to WVM. I was just wondering what you think will happen in that update. Based on what we know already the Nurse Mabel gave medical clearance for the MC to move to trying to shoot a basketball. We know that he is expected to head to the gym to test out what he can do, and then have a conversation with Belle. If you took up Mabel's offer you should get the conclusion of the lewd scene with the unnamed custodian before the other two scenes. Do you think anything else will happen in the update outside of those things?

• The conclusion of the sex scene which hopefully gives the option to hold out again (I like the idea of saving up for Jamie)
  • Shooting the basketball but with some teammates (Skye for sure, but maybe some new players as well, possibly Marcus?)
  • Conversation with Belle and Harper about how Belle will help them out this season to succeed. (would be nice to get some information about the aftermath with Damien, Ryker, Kenji, Gorg and the unnamed bouncer as well)
  • Maybe the interview with Moon finally (not going to hold my breath on this one but it could be a good time)
  • Finally my last hope is either a lewd scene with Jamie to make a deposit or a date with Natalie in the theater room.

I would love to hear what you think. Don't forget to use spoilers as not everyone has played the day 8 updates yet.
The update will be almost entirely focused on basketball and around 200 renders so my guess is, talk with Belle, scenes with the team and some training and then it might end right before the interview with Moon, i dont see any chance of a lewd scene.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019

You know I love you man and I will always respect your opinion even when I don't agree with you. I'm personally in the "the less drama the better" camp...now I realize that even with the selling point of being a "light hearted feel good story" it can't always be all Sunshine, Sex and Rainbows. At the same time that is precisely what drew a lot us to the game in the first place so to deviate from that too much too often might do more harm than good. Of course at the end of the day it's BD's story he'll do whatever he wants with it I'm satisfied to know that he will not pull anything like the end of day 7 again. I understand it pushed the plot forward and opened a lot of doors but WVM is my happy place and I NEVER want it to make me feel the way that event did ever again. Yes it's a credit to BD that he was able to evoke that kind of emotion from us with it but as I said WVM is my happy place and I would much prefer it to remain so.

Moving on as far as yer rambling goes I love how passionate you are about the game and your desire to share it with others I've always maintained to you that nothing you could say would ever truly annoy or piss me off me. I stand by that....just be mindful not to get too overzealous and push too hard that's when bad shit tends to happen.

Last edited:

godkingxerxes

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2020
The update will be almost entirely focused on basketball and around 200 renders so my guess is, talk with Belle, scenes with the team and some training and then it might end right before the interview with Moon, i dont see any chance of a lewd scene.

Agreed, episode will be centered on Belle and a bit of basketball training.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of the team or Harper though, it is 2AM on a Sunday.

For lewd scenes though, Katie is at the school, and while I think it's too early for Belle she could be bringing a pick me up with her.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
See this is why I liked the drama we got it set up all this and so much more. As a writer myself and an avid reader this is the stuff I love. The drama made little to no sense to those that don't want to read in between the lines and find the hidden clues or just want to focus on the girl of their choice.
Etc.
I also always like to read your insightful comments, and it makes me consider things a different way sometimes, which is really the point of reading and posting here, so thanks for that.

However, I do disagree with your implication, perhaps I am reading too much into it, that those that don't enjoy this particular drama direction of shadowy figures outside the school involved in some huge conspiracy, don't appreciate a good story, and are uninterested in "reading between the lines", as you mentioned. Like you, I am also an avid reader (since you mentioned it, I've read Lord of the Rings 3 times, and Asimov's Foundation series at least that many) and I play VNs 90% for the story. It is just that the direction of the story in the last two updates doesn't appeal to me, and because of lack of pacing, and a lot of new characters introduced superficially all at once that suddenly have great importance to the story, I'm thinking specifically of Willabelle and her crew, it is hard for me to care.

Braindrop is a consummate professional, and I can tell he really cares about the game, the story, and his fans, so I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt that things will get back on track to the WVM that we all love, where interpersonal stories hold the most attention to the MC and the game.

If not, and WVM turns to a different game entirely, spending most of the time investigating some global conspiracy outside the school, instead of focusing on basketball and all the characters we've grown attached to over the last year, than I wish him the best of luck, and I hope that others will enjoy the new direction. I will of course stick with it, just because I want to see what happens to my favorite characters, but it will be with a lot less enthusiasm than before.

Last edited:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I also always like to read your insightful comments, and it makes me consider things a different way sometimes, which is really the point of reading and posting here, so thanks for that.

However, I do disagree with your implication, perhaps I am reading too much into it, that those that don't enjoy this particular drama direction of shadowy figures outside the school involved in some huge conspiracy, don't appreciate a good story, and are uninterested in "reading between the lines", as you mentioned. Like you, I am also an avid reader (since you mentioned it, I've read Lord of the Rings 3 times, and Asimov's Foundation series at least that many) and I play VNs 90% for the story. It is just that the direction of the story in the last two updates doesn't appeal to me, and because of lack of pacing, and a lot of new characters introduced superficially all at once that suddenly have great importance to the story, I'm thinking specifically of Willabelle and her crew, it is hard for me to care.

Braindrop is a consummate professional, and I can tell he really cares about the game, the story, and his fans, so I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt that things will get back on track to the WVM that we all love, where interpersonal stories hold the most attention to the MC and the game.

If not, and WVM turns to a different game entirely, spending most of the time investigating some global conspiracy outside the school, instead of focusing on basketball and all the characters we've grown attached to over the last year, than I wish him the best of luck, and I hope that others will enjoy the new direction. I will of course stick with it, just because I want to see what happens to my favorite characters, but it will be with a lot less enthusiasm than before.
You know I love you man and I will always respect your opinion even when I don't agree with you. I'm personally in the "the less drama the better" camp...now I realize that even with the selling point of being a "light hearted feel good story" it can't always be all Sunshine, Sex and Rainbows. At the same time that is precisely what drew a lot us to the game in the first place so to deviate from that too much too often might do more harm than good. Of course at the end of the day it's BD's story he'll do whatever he wants with it I'm satisfied to know that he will not pull anything like the end of day 7 again. I understand it pushed the plot forward and opened a lot of doors but WVM is my happy place and I NEVER want it to make me feel the way that event did ever again. Yes it's a credit to BD that he was able to evoke that kind of emotion from us with it but WVM is my happy place and I would much prefer it to remain so.

Moving on as far as yer rambling goes I love how passionate you are about the game and your desire to share it with others I've always maintained to you that nothing you could say would ever truly annoy or piss me off me. I stand by that....just be mindful not to get too overzealous and push too hard that's when bad shit tends to happen.
Don't worry guys you don't have to agree with me, I totally understand. You enjoy the drama free story we had in the beginning of the game and want things to go back to that. I feel we will get there again at some point but I still think there will be more larger drama in the game again at some point as well. I am by no means saying we need more and more drama I just feel what we got was kind of needed to set up a part of the story. The smaller drama will still be there and things should level out in the long run in my opinion.

Like I said I don't come here and post and expect you all to agree with me all the time, I love to make people think about things from a different perspective. Trust me I have posted some controversial things about some hated characters and I felt bad about the reaction to the one post for a while. This drama thing is no big deal bring on more, tone it down, or keep it par for the course it does not matter to me. I love the characters and the story too much to be disappointed, and I know BD will not let us down.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

The first point we already had our choice to hold out again...

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes