Apr 30, 2023
My guess is that ep13 will be out this year, but around november-december, and it will be multiple updates. For 14? If we are lucky then around the one year anniversary of 13 (and I mean the ending, so november-december).
Not going to wait...I have set a personal date that i will wait for...Until 14th February2025 note an hour later...

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
This Thread never disappoints. I'm tempted to try to hunker down and see if I can get out my second release before BD actually releases episode 13
Take a week vacation, work away slowly at the next one, push it 2 weeks late.... Then rinse and repeat for the 3rd installment, and you'll probably still have him beat :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
Guys, leaving the lying WVM developer aside, I'd like to know your opinion on this matter, regarding game updates here, how often and how big do you think they should be?

Personally, I think a good size and time would be an update of 500 to 600 renders once a month?

Do you agree? I'm listening... well, I'm reading your opinions.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Guys, leaving the lying WVM developer aside, I'd like to know your opinion on this matter, regarding game updates here, how often and how big do you think they should be?

Personally, I think a good size and time would be an update of 500 to 600 renders once a month?

500-600 renders a month? That seems a little much for any game tbh. Have to take in to account all the writing you'd need to do each month for a cohesive story anyways and the coding as well. But who knows, maybe im way off basis and that's actually feasible for full time devs.

Nadira

Jun 29, 2024

I'd say 500 - 600 renders every 3 - 4 month is optimal.

Reactions: kcaldw and jish55

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
500-600 renders a month? That seems a little much for any game tbh. Have to take in to account all the writing you'd need to do each month for a cohesive story anyways and the coding as well. But who knows, maybe im way off basis and that's actually feasible for full time devs.
Depends on a lot of things. Moonbox gets out 550-720 renders every two weeks for GH but that game doesn't have animations. He did an experimental game with animations and he found that one typically sized GH update would take him 6 weeks to make if he added animations.
For a dev that's making as much as BD, who has a high end PC dedicated to just rendering like BD 500-600 is a reasonable amount of renders to aim for in a month to a month and a half if he's working on it full time. Which given how much he's making he really owes it to his supporters to be doing that.

Remveer

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2024
I'm never a big fan of putting a number on things. The amount of renders matters less than if the content actually moves the story foreword. I'd rather have 300 concise well paced renders than 500-600 renders where nothing happens and the story barley moves.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Depends on a lot of things. Moonbox gets out 550-720 renders every two weeks for GH but that game doesn't have animations. He did an experimental game with animations and he found that one typically sized GH update would take him 6 weeks to make if he added animations.
For a dev that's making as much as BD, who has a high end PC dedicated to just rendering like BD 500-600 is a reasonable amount of renders to aim for in a month to a month and a half if he's working on it full time. Which given how much he's making he really owes it to his supporters to be doing that.
Moonbox can do that because his renders are fairly simple and that leads to being able to make a lot of them quickly.

You can mass produce a lot of basic, stock renders fairly straightforwardly (Grandma's House). Making more advanced, cinematic renders (think City of Broken Dreamers etc.) takes a lot longer.

So the real answer to this question is (beyond other things like writing quality/animations): How good are the renders?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Moonbox can do that because his renders are fairly simple and that leads to being able to make a lot of them quickly.

You can mass produce a lot of basic, stock renders fairly straightforwardly (Grandma's House). Making more advanced, cinematic renders (think City of Broken Dreamers etc.) takes a lot longer.

So the real answer to this question is (beyond other things like writing quality/animations): How good are the renders?
The quality of anything on WVM is low enough that this shouldn't be an issue. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
He could drop the render quality in half, but fix his model's fucked up faces and the overall quality would still increase by double.

36 Ninjas

Feb 27, 2018
I'm never a big fan of putting a number on things. The amount of renders matters less than if the content actually moves the story foreword. I'd rather have 300 concise well paced renders than 500-600 renders where nothing happens and the story barley moves.
Prime example of this is Summer Heat's last update a good number of renders that amounted to pretty much nothing happening.

Reactions: MiltonPowers
3.70 star(s) 647 Votes