Dec 9, 2020
Guys, leaving the lying WVM developer aside, I'd like to know your opinion on this matter, regarding game updates here, how often and how big do you think they should be?

Personally, I think a good size and time would be an update of 500 to 600 renders once a month?

Do you agree? I'm listening... well, I'm reading your opinions.
As someone else mentioned, GH does about 600-700 renders per update every 2 weeks with no animations.
Another 2 week releaser is ToaM which does an average 300 renders per release with some animations.
A couple monthly releasers I know do an average 300-500 per release.

Depends I suppose on the time they spend on it, if it's a hobby or if they're working full time, animations, and whether or not they have a machine full time dedicated to rendering. 300-500 per month seems reasonable, there's many that do 150-300 range.

Sorry can't name the names cause apparently that's an offence even if you're doing it as examples and not advertising. /shrug

Reactions: KiryuKazuma095

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
This Thread never disappoints. I'm tempted to try to hunker down and see if I can get out my second release before BD actually releases episode 13
No joke, if you do, post on this thread, cause that'll be hilarious (also hoping for more Kiara in your next update).

Reactions: YepperCause

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
The only Thing about BD I want to emulate is his success. Everything else is for the birds. :LOL:
Hell, as long as you don't throw new fuck toys at mc every update and instead focus on building relationships with the girls we have, your game will already surpass WVM easy.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hell, as long as you don't throw new fuck toys at mc every update and instead focus on building relationships with the girls we have, your game will already surpass WVM easy.
In terms of quality? Easy. In terms of monetary success? Well I wish him luck. Almost any game making as much or more than WVM has been in development since before covid. It's old support keeping them on top. I've put Remveer's game on watch just because anyone who roasts BD is at least worth checking out but it's going to take a long ass time if he hopes to match BD's success.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
The quality of anything on WVM is low enough that this shouldn't be an issue. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
He could drop the render quality in half, but fix his model's fucked up faces and the overall quality would still increase by double.
Considering BD doesn't have to deal what most other dev's have to consider like music,pathing/choices,free roams,mini-games ect ect even he should be knocking out updates quicker since it's only animations and renders

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Considering BD doesn't have to deal what most other dev's have to consider like music,pathing/choices,free roams,mini-games ect ect even he should be knocking out updates quicker since it's only animations and renders
He should probably actually do less choices. I still remember one of the billionaire cult girls randomly growing a penis in the middle of a sex scene because BD was too stupid to set a default variable for her genitals.

• Haha

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
I'm never a big fan of putting a number on things. The amount of renders matters less than if the content actually moves the story foreword. I'd rather have 300 concise well paced renders than 500-600 renders where nothing happens and the story barley moves.
That's because it's often just a marketing trick/con . i'm always suspicious of logs that boasts stuff like "1000 renders and 30000 lines of new dialogues" especially without the number of new scenes being mentioned . More often than not , it means it's just padding . Or even with devs with good intentions , that the update is mostly story and plot driven , not adding much scenes and action

Reactions: jish55 and EJW

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Haven't been on the thread for a while, what excuses is BrainF**k making up to nowadays
Oh, we‘ve had it all. Update was ready after he playtested it for 2 weeks, than he had compiling issues so he couldn‘t release, after that he „was reworking“ those scenes, wasn‘t happy with it, posted an essay about why he‘s not going to release anything (feels like the story isn‘t going anywhere yada yada), now he decided to go radio silent until the update is finished.

meanwhile there was small revolution going on in his discord so his mods decided to silence everyone who complained. Now they are only allowed to post positive things, or else…..

you know, the casual brainwashed shenanigans

• Haha
Reactions: samhh

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Hey now, you have choices..... I mean sure, those choices boil down to whether you want to stick your dick in it or not, but those are still "choices". /s

• Haha
Reactions: jonnyd901

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Oh, we‘ve had it all. Update was ready after he playtested it for 2 weeks, than he had compiling issues so he couldn‘t release, after that he „was reworking“ those scenes, wasn‘t happy with it, posted an essay about why he‘s not going to release anything (feels like the story isn‘t going anywhere yada yada), now he decided to go radio silent until the update is finished.

meanwhile there was small revolution going on in his discord so his mods decided to silence everyone who complained. Now they are only allowed to post positive things, or else…..

you know, the casual brainwashed shenanigans
well now all they do is blabling about the game who is who´s favorite girl,and spamming the channel with gifs so much it is really annoying now and if you watch it you only wanna puke :sick: :sick:

they leaving him be to go his own pace soooo see you whenever.... :whistle:

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

that was the last post from him after the shitstorm in discord
someone asked if the update is out already :cool:
and that was his answer since then radiosilence.
soooo to make it clear they all think delaying it more will make everything better and everybody will forget what happend.

but do not forget : it will be out relatively soon:)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
True Story : I had been writing a book for about a year, at around 8 hours a day. I had over 2,000 pages completed, and plans/drafts for 3 more books, which would total almost 10,000 pages when fully completed.
I had 4 proof-readers that helped with things and they were all on board for the long haul. Nothing "bad" ever happened during the creation of this story. One day I woke up and said I needed a break.
The next day I enjoyed the break, and took another. For a week I didn't write anything, but kept drafting ideas. By the end of the week, I had to admit I was completely burnt out.
Two weeks later I hadn't touched it, and while I love the story, my proof-readers want more, and my drafts are still in boxes ... I just can't touch it. At all. It's been over half a year, and I just can't do it.

I like to think that's what happened with George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I assume that's what's happened to BrainDrop. But he can't admit it. Just like George.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
True Story : I had been writing a book for about a year, at around 8 hours a day. I had over 2,000 pages completed, and plans/drafts for 3 more books, which would total almost 10,000 pages when fully completed.
I had 4 proof-readers that helped with things and they were all on board for the long haul. Nothing "bad" ever happened during the creation of this story. One day I woke up and said I needed a break.
The next day I enjoyed the break, and took another. For a week I didn't write anything, but kept drafting ideas. By the end of the week, I had to admit I was completely burnt out.
Two weeks later I hadn't touched it, and while I love the story, my proof-readers want more, and my drafts are still in boxes ... I just can't touch it. At all. It's been over half a year, and I just can't do it.

I like to think that's what happened with George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I assume that's what's happened to BrainDrop. But he can't admit it. Just like George.
exept the fact that Braindrop refuses to get help,he does everything alone and he does ignore positive feedback and advise even from other devs.
he just plain ignores every help whoever tries to give it to him.
every problem that exists is in his head including the help he hired.
that´s how it is.
a mentaly unstable dev is poison for his creation.
that never ends well.

pastaxpastax

Jul 15, 2023
"I'm taking accountability this time, guys. This one is on me. I deserve every bit of your criticism."
*Proceeds to immediately turn off Discord chat and threaten anyone who circumvents it with the ban hammer*
This alone should convince any reasonable, non-simp type person to bow out and cut their losses. I couldn't imagine being treated like that in any other type of relationship whatsoever. I know I keep saying it, but I'm amazed at how this process is going. I just keep find myself saying wow at the sheer audacity. It's one of the many reasons why I don't personally care for stuff like patreon. Probably because I spent 6 years managing software development for a company who would only hire freelancers and I had to constantly be on the swivel for devs trying to run scams to get the most billable hours out of the least mount of work. All the signs are here to see. The loss of inspiration, followed by the loss of interest and then the loss of a product due to loss of work. People need to wake the fuck up. They're only emboldening more people, in an increasingly difficult world, to try their own shady shit.

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes