Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
True Story : I had been writing a book for about a year, at around 8 hours a day. I had over 2,000 pages completed, and plans/drafts for 3 more books, which would total almost 10,000 pages when fully completed.
I had 4 proof-readers that helped with things and they were all on board for the long haul. Nothing "bad" ever happened during the creation of this story. One day I woke up and said I needed a break.
The next day I enjoyed the break, and took another. For a week I didn't write anything, but kept drafting ideas. By the end of the week, I had to admit I was completely burnt out.
Two weeks later I hadn't touched it, and while I love the story, my proof-readers want more, and my drafts are still in boxes ... I just can't touch it. At all. It's been over half a year, and I just can't do it.

I like to think that's what happened with George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I assume that's what's happened to BrainDrop. But he can't admit it. Just like George.
Nah . See i can believe you , even as a stranger over that book issue , and i mostly believe G RR Martin . At least he got to deal with a catastrophe that's a bit partially his doing , a TV show that spoiled some ideas he probably had for the remaining books , but that the show fumbled and made unsalvageable . There is no way now that he can keep the same path as S7 and 8 , even in the broad strokes . And whatever he initially wrote to specifically avoid being reminiscent of S7 and S8 was probably so bad , for his own standards and taste , that he kept rewriting it and digging himself deeper .

But the way BD was creative over many lies all that time , nah . He just kept lying and lying , thinking he could make up whatever he wanted to release some mediocre update whenever he'd have enough material and felt like it . But he likely never did the work to follow the script of his lies , even late and at bare minimum . He basked in the glory of followers riding him , had a jolly time , and now realize , damn i have to release something .... but i got nothing but crappy fake preview and birthday renders .

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
True Story : I had been writing a book for about a year, at around 8 hours a day. I had over 2,000 pages completed, and plans/drafts for 3 more books, which would total almost 10,000 pages when fully completed.
I had 4 proof-readers that helped with things and they were all on board for the long haul. Nothing "bad" ever happened during the creation of this story. One day I woke up and said I needed a break.
The next day I enjoyed the break, and took another. For a week I didn't write anything, but kept drafting ideas. By the end of the week, I had to admit I was completely burnt out.
Two weeks later I hadn't touched it, and while I love the story, my proof-readers want more, and my drafts are still in boxes ... I just can't touch it. At all. It's been over half a year, and I just can't do it.

I like to think that's what happened with George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. I assume that's what's happened to BrainDrop. But he can't admit it. Just like George.
This is his job, he is accepting money from thousands of people who work their own jobs that they probably would rather not do. If he wants to quit then I absolutely think that he should, but if that's what he wants to do then he needs to either say he is quitting or go radio silent permanently. He keeps saying that the update is "almost done" then delays it for a few more months for some random reason every single time, that isn't burnout that is a scam.

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
This is his job, he is accepting money from thousands of people who work their own jobs that they probably would rather not do. If he wants to quit then I absolutely think that he should, but if that's what he wants to do then he needs to either say he is quitting or go radio silent permanently. He keeps saying that the update is "almost done" then delays it for a few more months for some random reason every single time, that isn't burnout that is a scam.
Nah, people are crowdfounding his hobby, that lets him put food on the table (his words, though not the last part)

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Nah, people are crowdfounding his hobby, that lets him put food on the table (his words, though not the last part)
You think people are just handing him money so that he can do whatever he wants? No, they're giving him money so that he can continue to work on the game. They wouldn't be giving him money if he flat out said "I'm not continuing this". If what you're doing is putting food on the table, it's a job. If he stopped doing this he would have to get another job.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
yeah. He switched so many times between "this is a job" and " this is just a hobby, not a job" that i lost track of what it is today

EDIT: And let´s not forget, he himself said that he´s making this game for himself, nobody else..... So technically... yes...his supporters are exactly doing that... paying him to do whatever he wants to do.

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
You think people are just handing him money so that he can do whatever he wants? No, they're giving him money so that he can continue to work on the game. They wouldn't be giving him money if he flat out said "I'm not continuing this". If what you're doing is putting food on the table, it's a job. If he stopped doing this he would have to get another job.
Oh I agree with you on that 100%. But as Wolfeszorn said, he is switching it around all the time. I think the last time he called it a hobby, this is why I said it as a joke.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021

February 23rd
MVP/HoF - 12pm EST
All Star - 2pm EST
Starter - 4pm EST
Sixth-Man - 6pm EST
Bench-Warmer - 8pm EST
Fan - 10pm EST
Former Patrons - 12am EST (02/24)

This date will not move again. Any further delays will result in pausing pledges until the update is released.

I'm not trying to play the victim here. I am the bad guy in this situation and I have a long way to go to prove I'm a dev worthy of the support he receives.
My actions have led to a lot of frustration and anger and I understand that and I agree that I have not done nearly enough to warrant the continued support.
It is not fair for me to keep giving out time frames and expectations and continuously failing to deliver on any of them.
My actions were not to trick or deceive.
But good intentions are far from enough. The reality is that I have not been a man of my word for a long time.
My goals were way too ambitious, I consistently found myself working from behind because I think I can achieve more than I can.

I hid behind becoming a husband and a father, I hid behind having to move multiple times, I hid behind the deaths of people I love, and I hid behind just about anything I could. I am not proud of this.
While these were all huge life events, I used them to excuse myself from the responsibility I hold as a developer who is actively taking pledges.
I appreciate everyone who has been holding me accountable.
I've put a ton of work into the game, a lot of work that you guys will never see because of how many times I've remade certain scenes. I used this fact to justify myself but things have gone on for way too long.

I'm just a young man trying to make the most fun game he can.
I've gone through a lot of changes in my life as of late and working on the game to distract myself or just to dump myself into has been a huge blessing but it's also been a curse.
While the update has no tie ins to my real life, I used working on the game to get away from real life for a bit. Things and feelings that are hard to say goodbye to.
On top of that I did a lot of new things and techniques for this update and I've second guessed myself every step of the way.

I have a responsibility to deliver something for you guys and I've routinely failed at doing so.
I may have gone through a lot and my life may have gone through many changes but none of it excuses me taking this long.
And just working on the game isn't enough. The work doesn't mean anything if it never gets seen.
I have to do better and I'm very sorry that it's taken me this long to see past myself.

My mental is pretty fucked. Being the bad guy isn't fun, I don't want to be this.
Having people I respect call me a scammer and milker, having people I've known for 3 years turn on me and ridicule me. Reading many comments everyday about how horrible of a person I am.
I'm scared of this update. I'm scared I took this much time to make something that isn't very good and that's the scariest fucking thing.
I've dealt with imposter syndrome for the entirety of making WVM and I've never felt it to this degree.
Trying to deliver something good quickly has really fucked me.
It sucks having so many people yell at you when you feel like you're trying to do the right thing but also agreeing with the criticism.
My brain has been pulling me in 80 different ways for a long fucking time and I feel pretty out of it from it.

I fully understand why everyone is so frustrated. It's one thing for me to need as much time as I have, but it's another when I constantly give expectations of a release soon only to then go behind on that.
It's reached a point where I have to just shut my brain off and let it be whatever it's going to be.
No more hiding, you guys deserve better.

I'm pretty ashamed of my recent past but there's no changing it now. I can only control the future and we have a plan.
I appreciate everyone who has stuck with me and I apologize for everyone I've lost. I never meant to deceive or trick anyone. I've urged anyone that didn't believe in the process I've been on to unpledge and so far they would have made the right decision.

Things from this moment will be different.
I've been through a lot and I decided to hide behind everything I could fit behind and I'm sorry for doing so. I'm too old for that now. Things have to and will change. I will grow and be better from all of this.
All I can do is ask for the opportunity to show that things can change. I'm only human.

I'll be around for our announcement post after the update and then Mackenzie will run the patreon and SS solo for a while as I focus on building momentum.
All I want to do is make a fun game, but I need to accept the responsibility I have.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see you around.
-Braindrop
Just as example. Funny that it just got worse after this. And this was in Feb 2023 xD But hey, as he said... " The reality is that I have not been a man of my word for a long time. "
And he still isn´t. Some ppl just can´t change who they are. Pathetic...little...scammers

• Sad
Reactions: EclipseTheStars
Feb 2, 2024
Seducing the Devil is somewhat similar to this game. He plays very little basketball if he plays at all.
The story is kind of engaging if it weren't for all those multiple paths, multiple endings, a headache really.
I am more leaning to how the girls are drawn. Every girl has a Kardashian kind of a booty.
That's the only thing I like about it, if you can manage all those confusing paths.

• Haha
Reactions: YepperCause
Apr 30, 2023
Well BD has said plenty of words and has given even more promises...One of the latest thing he claimed was that if he failed to deliver the rest of ep 13 in time he will keep pledges on his patreon paused until the end of the Year.... You know how that turned out ,he did failed and failed terribly yet the pledges will get unpaused... Not suprised personally but for me his word has 0 minus credibility

Reactions: JapanLily

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
We just gotta keep the faith everyone, BD is working his fingers down to nubs trying to get the long finished content compiled, but Dionyx keeps unplugging his PC, and Mr Biscuits fell down the well. But he's really working super hard at it!
LUrAlsa.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow74 and tslojr

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
I'm never a big fan of putting a number on things. The amount of renders matters less than if the content actually moves the story foreword. I'd rather have 300 concise well paced renders than 500-600 renders where nothing happens and the story barley moves.
ofc but for many ,..like myself dont like to wait a year for any kind of update not even those 2 big games,[5k renders per year],why? bcs is dulll,...i need to go back and play again every single time ,isnt possible to follow so many games,...i will say it depends on the dev,no matter the script,story,....if the dev have the technical capacity and the skills nad ofc the money issue is not a problem,...i can be happy with any amount or renders above 250every 6 to 8 weeks,....but not everyupdate need a cliffhanger or lot of lewd\sex scenes,....im not the kind of nonchalant waiting for 5k renders each year,in a game who still is in early stages of development and wich will take at least 3 or 4 years to be finished,....to any dev outhere i will say make a goodie sized demo first update [1500 to 2500 renders]and update every 8 to 12 weeks with 40 to 700 renders and u are ok

idrismarvin

Dec 14, 2023
I believe that he will set a deadline at 2025 sometime...
rubbish, in the cult of suspended disbelief there is always an update "coming soon". jokes aside i don't think even braindroppings believes he could get away with that. whether he releases an update before 2025 is another story, but the update is always 'just a week away'.

Last edited:

pastaxpastax

Jul 15, 2023
rubbish, in the cult of suspended disbelief there is always an update "coming soon". jokes aside i don't think even braindroppings believes he could get away with that. whether he releases an update before 2025 is another story, but the update is always 'just a week away'.
Yep just like the sign outside of the diner that says Free Lunch Tomorrow. You come back the next day and it says the same thing: Free Lunch Tomorrow.

Apr 30, 2023
I don't have direct access on BD's discord server, but i know 1 thing for sure his credibility is 0 and i could bet that at least one other dev will have 3-5 new releases before we get the rest of ep 13

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
I don't have direct access on BD's discord server, but i know 1 thing for sure his credibility is 0 and i could bet that at least one other dev will have 3-5 new releases before we get the rest of ep 13
Ello!
Talothral! The Dev of TRS/SORC/TOAM have been release monthly as he can and on time too! His new game TOAM make small release monthly and some don't even have sex scenes but the story is very meaningful. The sex scenes in his game are like second focus while he write a story book novel worth! And guess what! Talothral even sometime add new meaningful characters and play important role, even the side-girls play some role in the story instead of just the MC cocksleeves unlike BD where when he add a new girl he decide to add about 2-5 side-chicks without background and some of them are NPCs for background drops. I'm always looking forward to Talothral update which I used to have for WVM, now I just come here for the thread which is just sad, funny but sad how each time I come for news it just pathetic each year this game exist it keep getting worse. Thanks.

Reactions: Osesek

afrolicious

Oct 29, 2023
You think people are just handing him money so that he can do whatever he wants?
There are people in his discord that would say that is what they are doing.

The discord is very funny in the past few days. General is just spam of gifs - Anyone mentions the update they get flooded out with gifs and muted by mods. Anyone complains or mentions it in other channels even those that have been used for that for the past 3 years get muted/banned

Last update was basically "Not dead, still working on it, dont have a date but soon.." that was 3 days ago.

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes