Individual

Oct 4, 2022
I bet anything that Braindrop will show up right at the end of the month to say something like this.

I am resuming subscriptions; I can't afford to keep them paused any longer. I really thought the update would be ready by now, I'm just having to deal with real life issues and there's a few scenes that I'm putting the final touches on. I know I'm letting you guys down; I feel like shit and if you can no longer afford to support me then please cancel your subscription. I don't know when the update will be finished, I'm not yet where I want to be with it. I feel like this will all be a lot easier once I get past this hurdle. I know this is bad, but I promise that I'll get the update out as soon as it's ready.

I know for a fact that he will show up during the last two or three days of the month to resume subscriptions or he'll set a date for October and resume subscriptions. If he does set a date, I have no doubt it will be delayed.

Banana4Fun

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2024
Dionyx was supposedly a close, trusted friend who Braindrop thought could set him straight and ensure a good release schedule. Dionyx was hired on and granted the ability to upload WVM, and was slated to release the update regardless of what Braindrop had finished. The idea was that this would be the kick needed to get Braindrop's engine running properly. If he was done in time, great; if he wasn't done, so be it, consequences would come.

So what Braindrop apparently did was screw up his compiler, which he was apparently never using during the process of building and testing WVM prior to releases. Which is probably the best possible way he could have stopped this apparent trusted friend from doing his job. He proceeded to rescind control from Dionyx so that he, again, couldn't do his job. Braindrop has apparently been deadlocked by his own mental blocks and personal issues since.

Some people don't believe Dionyx exists - that he's just an imaginary friend that Braindrop made up for sympathy points. But if Braindrop is telling the truth, he just screwed over his good friend and his audience in a series of questionable moves.
This shit is so wild.

I remember having such a drama filled chaotic life when I was like, 15 years old and in highschool. My life then was this tit-for-tat he-said she-said fake-drama bullshit existance.

Thing is, I'm in my 30s now. And I assume BD is. Imagine living such a weird internet life with a wife and kid. Crazy.

Reactions: Koros104

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I bet anything that Braindrop will show up right at the end of the month to say something like this.

I am resuming subscriptions; I can't afford to keep them paused any longer. I really thought the update would be ready by now, I'm just having to deal with real life issues and there's a few scenes that I'm putting the final touches on. I know I'm letting you guys down; I feel like shit and if you can no longer afford to support me then please cancel your subscription. I don't know when the update will be finished, I'm not yet where I want to be with it. I feel like this will all be a lot easier once I get past this hurdle. I know this is bad, but I promise that I'll get the update out as soon as it's ready.

I know for a fact that he will show up during the last two or three days of the month to resume subscriptions or he'll set a date for October and resume subscriptions. If he does set a date, I have no doubt it will be delayed.
Jesus christ, did you steal BDs excuse Playbook? That's like 1:1 exactly what they'd say lmao.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
At this point, it would probably be more efficient for BD to train an AI on all his past excuses and just churn them out whenever required.

Actually, can somebody that knows anything about this do that? That shit would probably be hysterical

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
At this point, it would probably be more efficient for BD to train an AI on all his past excuses and just churn them out whenever required.

Actually, can somebody that knows anything about this do that? That shit would probably be hysterical
who knows that he didn't do so already?
i wouldn't be surprised hes getting his list off excuses from chatgpt

Oct 19, 2020

This is BrainShit in disguise. I knew it. Same duck in profile photo as Discord just different angle :devilish:

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
Since this got removed from the Discord I will post it here as I feel it is a positive message that people need to see. Also if you are going to moderate what people say be sure to fully read what is said, because though I somewhat agree with your reasoning for removing the message I also think the message would do more good than harm staying there. Hence it has Heart reactions and not negative reactions. But again moderate the way you think will do best for the server.

I stopped playing the game back when “S2” started as I have to wait for the S1 remake because I can’t make that transition to S2 with some of the stuff happening at the start of S2 make no sense because it correlates with things that happen in the remake of S1. Because of this, I don’t talk much on this server, but I do stop by and read up on some of the things said by people and check in on announcements. I love what BD has done with the game based on what I have seen in the OG S1 and I look forward to seeing how things change with the Remake and how the story progressed in S2. One thing I think BD should have done as soon as he started to have issues with the scenes for S2ep13, he should have stepped away from them and worked on finishing the S1 remake so that he could have given people “New” content for them to sink their teeth into while he took his time on working the changes to the scenes for S2ep13. This would have at least stemmed some of the hate and anger from the community because they would have at least had something to do to preoccupy themselves with. Now I don’t see the point in complaining about updates taking forever or being a douche about this situation for the simple fact is you, the person subscribing to BD, control whether or not you give him money. So everyone complaining about him being a money grubber or only in this for the money is complaining just to complain. I have watched him pause subscriptions so many times because people are too damn lazy to do it themselves. And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it. That way there is less stress on BD so he can focus on producing an amazing story that we all love. I have seen too many good stories get cut short or just end because the community for said “story” complained so much that the dev/writer just stopped making it. I know none of us want to see this happen with WVM, I also know BD has said that he never plans to stop making this game but a lot of unfinished stories and games are not planned either. Sorry for this massive message but I just felt I needed to say this. Keep up the great work BD. I look forward to Finally playing the WVM again in the future. Might end up replaying S1 for the 10th time again soon lol.

Feel free to quote me or reply to me if you have anything to add to this message or if you disagree with anything I have said.

RX-9/C

Jun 22, 2017
Since this got removed from the Discord I will post it here as I feel it is a positive message that people need to see. Also if you are going to moderate what people say be sure to fully read what is said, because though I somewhat agree with your reasoning for removing the message I also think the message would do more good than harm staying there. Hence it has Heart reactions and not negative reactions. But again moderate the way you think will do best for the server.

I stopped playing the game back when “S2” started as I have to wait for the S1 remake because I can’t make that transition to S2 with some of the stuff happening at the start of S2 make no sense because it correlates with things that happen in the remake of S1. Because of this, I don’t talk much on this server, but I do stop by and read up on some of the things said by people and check in on announcements. I love what BD has done with the game based on what I have seen in the OG S1 and I look forward to seeing how things change with the Remake and how the story progressed in S2. One thing I think BD should have done as soon as he started to have issues with the scenes for S2ep13, he should have stepped away from them and worked on finishing the S1 remake so that he could have given people “New” content for them to sink their teeth into while he took his time on working the changes to the scenes for S2ep13. This would have at least stemmed some of the hate and anger from the community because they would have at least had something to do to preoccupy themselves with. Now I don’t see the point in complaining about updates taking forever or being a douche about this situation for the simple fact is you, the person subscribing to BD, control whether or not you give him money. So everyone complaining about him being a money grubber or only in this for the money is complaining just to complain. I have watched him pause subscriptions so many times because people are too damn lazy to do it themselves. And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it. That way there is less stress on BD so he can focus on producing an amazing story that we all love. I have seen too many good stories get cut short or just end because the community for said “story” complained so much that the dev/writer just stopped making it. I know none of us want to see this happen with WVM, I also know BD has said that he never plans to stop making this game but a lot of unfinished stories and games are not planned either. Sorry for this massive message but I just felt I needed to say this. Keep up the great work BD. I look forward to Finally playing the WVM again in the future. Might end up replaying S1 for the 10th time again soon lol.

Feel free to quote me or reply to me if you have anything to add to this message or if you disagree with anything I have said.
I mean I don't technically condemn him as a greedy person, I know this is his full-time job at the end of the day. The only thing I condemn him of the most is being a liar. He literally could have just been honest in the beginning about what keeping the game from progressing and communicate to his audiences to help them knows about the situation. But instead of doing that, he proceeded to making excuses for why he can't upload due to very convenient timed family problems or making fake promises that it will released in a certain day just to delay it again. He even said that he will stop doing that in the future then just keep doing again and again, then just go radio silence.

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
I mean I don't technically condemn him as a greedy person, I know this is his full-time job at the end of the day. The only thing I condemn him of the most is being a liar. He literally could have just been honest in the beginning about what keeping the game from progressing and communicate to his audiences to help them knows about the situation. But instead of doing that, he proceeded to making excuses for why he can't upload due to very convenient timed family problems or making fake promises that it will released in a certain day just to delay it again. He even said that he will stop doing that in the future then just keep doing again and again, then just go radio silence.
I agree with you on the fact he should be honest about what causes the delays but at the same time from what I have seen on his DS no matter what he says it always blows up in his face hence the radio silence most of the time. A lot of people don't understand how much work and effort goes into making a game of this quality by yourself, thankfully he has finally gotten someone on board that can help him with the renderings and whatnot so hopefully in the future updates will be more frequent. He basically, just bit off more than he could chew initially.

• Haha
Reactions: The Senior Perv

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

Where to even begin. I disagree with just about everything you said other than one or two things. The smart thing would have been to put out the season one rework. One big problem there though. It doesn't exist. Are you being serious here. While BD has paused his pledges quite a bit. That was more of a back in the day thing. He used to pause when he felt the update wasn't up to his standard. Now he only pauses when he has missed deadline after deadline and one broken promise after another. While you may believe he isn't in it for the money. Conservatively over the last 5 years BD has made somewhere between $500,000 and a million off of this game. Not bad for something he still calls a hobby when it suits him.

Where you are right is in the fact that the problem is with the supporters. If his supporters would wake up and stop pledging this proven liar then things might actually change. Then he might be scared that the gravy train is about to go off the rails if he doesn't start producing. Until then you can expect the same. More lies and bullshit while he sits around collecting checks.

Lastly fuck BD. Fuck his feeling. And what fucking story, this turned into a meet and fuck long ago.

how-can-you-be-so-obtuse-andy-dufresne.gif

Thank you though for giving me a chance to use this gif :LOL:

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
This would have at least stemmed some of the hate and anger from the community because they would have at least had something to do to preoccupy themselves with. Now I don’t see the point in complaining about updates taking forever or being a douche about this situation for the simple fact is you, the person subscribing to BD, control whether or not you give him money. So everyone complaining about him being a money grubber or only in this for the money is complaining just to complain. I have watched him pause subscriptions so many times because people are too damn lazy to do it themselves. And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it. That way there is less stress on BD so he can focus on producing an amazing story that we all love. I have seen too many good stories get cut short or just end because the community for said “story” complained so much that the dev/writer just stopped making it.
You're basically saying to shut up and keep paying him, that way he can put out an update faster without all the complaining to distract him. How incredibly naive and misguided.

This update should've been fully completed last year, and it's been over 6 months since the last partial. The Discord server is filled with sycophants who pat his head and tell him he's doing a good job despite having nothing to show for it. He supposedly hired someone he trusts to force out whatever is ready if he misses deadlines, which not only never happened, but also isn't even the first time he's said that. He makes promises left and right, and breaks them constantly, especially ones he never should've made in the first place like 52/52 and pausing for the rest of the year.

All of this is happening because you people pay him no matter what, like he's your friend that just needs some help to get back on his feet. He has no incentive to work because he gets money for nothing. I thought things might start changing after the last update, with all the dissent brewing on Discord, but the mods cracked down real hard. Even your pathetic but extremely benign response was removed. That should tell you something.

Nothing will happen if nothing changes.

Mar 9, 2019
You're basically saying to shut up and keep paying him, that way he can put out an update faster without all the complaining to distract him. How incredibly naive and misguided.

This update should've been fully completed last year, and it's been over 6 months since the last partial. The Discord server is filled with sycophants who pat his head and tell him he's doing a good job despite having nothing to show for it. He supposedly hired someone he trusts to force out whatever is ready if he misses deadlines, which not only never happened, but also isn't even the first time he's said that. He makes promises left and right, and breaks them constantly, especially ones he never should've made in the first place like 52/52 and pausing for the rest of the year.

All of this is happening because you people pay him no matter what, like he's your friend that just needs some help to get back on his feet. He has no incentive to work because he gets money for nothing. I thought things might start changing after the last update, with all the dissent brewing on Discord, but the mods cracked down real hard. Even your pathetic but extremely benign response was removed. That should tell you something.

Nothing will happen if nothing changes.
To be fair he didn't say "shut up and keep paying". From what I understand, his opinion is that if you don't like the way he is progressing you should stop paying. But also, you should not spam dissent while doing so. If people are willing to keep spending money despite the lack of progress, that's their prerogative.

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes