Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
Since this got removed from the Discord I will post it here as I feel it is a positive message that people need to see. Also if you are going to moderate what people say be sure to fully read what is said, because though I somewhat agree with your reasoning for removing the message I also think the message would do more good than harm staying there. Hence it has Heart reactions and not negative reactions. But again moderate the way you think will do best for the server.

I stopped playing the game back when “S2” started as I have to wait for the S1 remake because I can’t make that transition to S2 with some of the stuff happening at the start of S2 make no sense because it correlates with things that happen in the remake of S1. Because of this, I don’t talk much on this server, but I do stop by and read up on some of the things said by people and check in on announcements. I love what BD has done with the game based on what I have seen in the OG S1 and I look forward to seeing how things change with the Remake and how the story progressed in S2. One thing I think BD should have done as soon as he started to have issues with the scenes for S2ep13, he should have stepped away from them and worked on finishing the S1 remake so that he could have given people “New” content for them to sink their teeth into while he took his time on working the changes to the scenes for S2ep13. This would have at least stemmed some of the hate and anger from the community because they would have at least had something to do to preoccupy themselves with. Now I don’t see the point in complaining about updates taking forever or being a douche about this situation for the simple fact is you, the person subscribing to BD, control whether or not you give him money. So everyone complaining about him being a money grubber or only in this for the money is complaining just to complain. I have watched him pause subscriptions so many times because people are too damn lazy to do it themselves. And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it. That way there is less stress on BD so he can focus on producing an amazing story that we all love. I have seen too many good stories get cut short or just end because the community for said “story” complained so much that the dev/writer just stopped making it. I know none of us want to see this happen with WVM, I also know BD has said that he never plans to stop making this game but a lot of unfinished stories and games are not planned either. Sorry for this massive message but I just felt I needed to say this. Keep up the great work BD. I look forward to Finally playing the WVM again in the future. Might end up replaying S1 for the 10th time again soon lol.

Feel free to quote me or reply to me if you have anything to add to this message or if you disagree with anything I have said.
I don't know if you're just looking for attention or you're a Fanboy, in any case stop talking nonsense.

First of all everyone can express their feelings, unless you live in a dictatorship, proof of that: we have you here saying this nonsense.

Second, yes, you're right about one thing, the solution is not for BD to pause patreon, but that's where your point ends.

The solution is that those who still pay patreon stop doing so so that he feels the pressure of losing the source of income without any effort that he has at the moment, but well, the BD thing is almost a cult, he could insult his mothers and urinate on the graves of his ancestors and they would still praise the almighty developer of WVM.

By the way, that argument of poor BrainDead... that he shouldn't stress himself out is precisely what has him acting lazy, since his followers patted him on the back every time he was late in the past, and well one thing led to another and today we have a developer who only develops his excuses.

One last thing, I'm not going to talk about spelling since I myself am not good at it since English is not my native language but separate the damn paragraphs, it's hell to read everything in one giant paragraph.

Noid42

May 19, 2018
To be fair he didn't say "shut up and keep paying". From what I understand, his opinion is that if you don't like the way he is progressing you should stop paying. But also, you should not spam dissent while doing so. If people are willing to keep spending money despite the lack of progress, that's their prerogative.
He is trying to guilt trip people into paying tho.
Sure, he always goes 'if you dont like it, I don't blame you, you should stop supporting' and in the same paragraph he'll go 'yah but this is how I provide for me poor poor family, so, y'know, can't pause lmao'. because he knows most paypigs will keep paying and he will exploit it to the fullest (while still trying to keep the martyr image).
My grandmother used to to the exact same thing... I liked her tho.

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
To be fair he didn't say "shut up and keep paying". From what I understand, his opinion is that if you don't like the way he is progressing you should stop paying. But also, you should not spam dissent while doing so. If people are willing to keep spending money despite the lack of progress, that's their prerogative.
To be fair, that's still nonsense, don't you see?

Let me exaggerate it to see if you understand the nonsense that is: "Venezuelans who are not happy with the Maduro dictatorship should leave the country and keep their mouths shut about how bad the regime is in Venezuela, if people are still in Venezuela there must be a reason."

Obviously I'm exaggerating, it's not the same thing, but it's the same nonsense. "If you don't like it, shut up and look somewhere else."

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
thankfully he has finally gotten someone on board that can help him with the renderings and whatnot so hopefully in the future updates will be more frequent. He basically, just bit off more than he could chew initially.
You are getting flamed a lot already, so I won't be harsh, but I will say that almost no one here believes Dionyx is a real person/really vested with the powers BD claims. Dionyx, like Mckenzie, is possibly entirely fictional and BD is almost certainly lying about actually giving them control even if they do exist.

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
You're basically saying to shut up and keep paying him, that way he can put out an update faster without all the complaining to distract him. How incredibly naive and misguided.

This update should've been fully completed last year, and it's been over 6 months since the last partial. The Discord server is filled with sycophants who pat his head and tell him he's doing a good job despite having nothing to show for it. He supposedly hired someone he trusts to force out whatever is ready if he misses deadlines, which not only never happened, but also isn't even the first time he's said that. He makes promises left and right, and breaks them constantly, especially ones he never should've made in the first place like 52/52 and pausing for the rest of the year.

All of this is happening because you people pay him no matter what, like he's your friend that just needs some help to get back on his feet. He has no incentive to work because he gets money for nothing. I thought things might start changing after the last update, with all the dissent brewing on Discord, but the mods cracked down real hard. Even your pathetic but extremely benign response was removed. That should tell you something.

Nothing will happen if nothing changes.
Sure, he always goes 'if you dont like it, I don't blame you, you should stop supporting' and in the same paragraph he'll go 'yah but this is how I provide for me poor poor family, so, y'know, can't pause lmao'. because he knows most paypigs will keep paying and he will exploit it to the fullest (while still trying to keep the martyr image).

Let me exaggerate it to see if you understand the nonsense that is: "Venezuelans who are not happy with the Maduro dictatorship should leave the country and keep their mouths shut about how bad the regime is in Venezuela, if people are still in Venezuela there must be a reason."

Obviously I'm exaggerating, it's not the same thing, but it's the same nonsense. "If you don't like it, shut up and look somewhere else."
I was saying that BD shouldn't need to be the one to pause pledges if people dislike the fact that he keeps "lying" then they should cancel their pledges themselves. Instead of canceling their pledge they choose to continue to pay and bitch about him taking their money while not putting in the work to earn it. I am not telling people to not criticize him. I am just stating what such over-criticizing could lead to.

As I have mentioned being overly critical has and will cause Devs to just stop making a game.
And to be fair as I said I stopped playing when "S2" started so I have no idea how the "story" has changed.

But everyone has their own opinion on things and that is all well and good.

Happy Gaming everyone.

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
You are getting flamed a lot already, so I won't be harsh, but I will say that almost no one here believes Dionyx is a real person/really vested with the powers BD claims. Dionyx, like Mckenzie, is possibly entirely fictional and BD is almost certainly lying about actually giving them control even if they do exist.
All good I don't mind the "Heat" I take it in stride. Plus I could be way off on some of the things I mention as I have not played the game since "S2" started because I can't stand the disconnect between the two seasons. As for the person he supposedly hired you could be right it could be a fake person no one will know until we see any sort of change in the way things are going.

Mar 9, 2019
That's true. I'm not a huge fan of him getting really personal with his patreon since I imagine it does make it a bit more difficult for people to make unbiased decisions. As a person not supporting him, I would still like to think he is not completely malicious with his actions. But the last few months have been impressively weird.

That is a bit of an extreme example, but I see your point. At the end of the day BD doesn't really hold power over the people supporting him. Besides the existence of the game, and as Noid42 said, talking about needing the money.

I don't know what is going through BD's head. In a perfect world, he could just be having an incredibly horrible bout of procrastination and sunk cost. Or maybe he is genuinely malicious. Maybe it's both.

If BD is genuinely only a malicious scammer that is trying to milk everyone dry (Venezuela example). Then yes, expressing dissent and warning people before they buy in is important.

However, if what he is going through is intense procrastination. From personal experience, the only thing that helps is people just saying "don't worry and release it as is". This is because the more time you waste, the more perfect you think your end product must be. And then it never comes out.

Since I have no idea what it is, I decided to remain neutral. I'll be happy if it eventually comes out, but I'm not going to make it my personal mission to deduce BD's character and respond in kind.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ☣Sora☣

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
Since this got removed from the Discord I will post it here as I feel it is a positive message that people need to see. Also if you are going to moderate what people say be sure to fully read what is said, because though I somewhat agree with your reasoning for removing the message I also think the message would do more good than harm staying there. Hence it has Heart reactions and not negative reactions. But again moderate the way you think will do best for the server.

I stopped playing the game back when “S2” started as I have to wait for the S1 remake because I can’t make that transition to S2 with some of the stuff happening at the start of S2 make no sense because it correlates with things that happen in the remake of S1. Because of this, I don’t talk much on this server, but I do stop by and read up on some of the things said by people and check in on announcements. I love what BD has done with the game based on what I have seen in the OG S1 and I look forward to seeing how things change with the Remake and how the story progressed in S2. One thing I think BD should have done as soon as he started to have issues with the scenes for S2ep13, he should have stepped away from them and worked on finishing the S1 remake so that he could have given people “New” content for them to sink their teeth into while he took his time on working the changes to the scenes for S2ep13. This would have at least stemmed some of the hate and anger from the community because they would have at least had something to do to preoccupy themselves with. Now I don’t see the point in complaining about updates taking forever or being a douche about this situation for the simple fact is you, the person subscribing to BD, control whether or not you give him money. So everyone complaining about him being a money grubber or only in this for the money is complaining just to complain. I have watched him pause subscriptions so many times because people are too damn lazy to do it themselves. And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it. That way there is less stress on BD so he can focus on producing an amazing story that we all love. I have seen too many good stories get cut short or just end because the community for said “story” complained so much that the dev/writer just stopped making it. I know none of us want to see this happen with WVM, I also know BD has said that he never plans to stop making this game but a lot of unfinished stories and games are not planned either. Sorry for this massive message but I just felt I needed to say this. Keep up the great work BD. I look forward to Finally playing the WVM again in the future. Might end up replaying S1 for the 10th time again soon lol.

Feel free to quote me or reply to me if you have anything to add to this message or if you disagree with anything I have said.
Also, this message was meant for people on the Discord server not for people here. I typed it up because I always saw colored names(people who are paying money) complaining about how long things are taking.

When instead of all the complaining all they needed to do was unpledged it isn't like they lose anything by doing so right now because so long as you stay on the Discord server you continue getting most everything you pledged for anyway.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Also, this message was meant for people on the Discord server not for people here. I typed it up because I always saw colored names(people who are paying money) complaining about how long things are taking.

When instead of all the complaining all they needed to do was unpledged it isn't like they lose anything by doing so right now because so long as you stay on the Discord server you continue getting most everything you pledged for anyway.
Patreon bot is fucked, i haven't supported the game since early 2021, but it still shows here, and on the discord with the proper role color. Just because you see people like that complaining, doesn't mean that they are still paying.

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
Patreon bot is fucked, i haven't supported the game since early 2021, but it still shows here, and on the discord with the proper role color. Just because you see people like that complaining, doesn't mean that they are still paying.
The moment my pledge stopped I lost my colored name and role on discord that is the only reason I figured they were still pledged.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I was saying that BD shouldn't need to be the one to pause pledges if people dislike the fact that he keeps "lying" then they should cancel their pledges themselves. Instead of canceling their pledge they choose to continue to pay and bitch about him taking their money while not putting in the work to earn it. I am not telling people to not criticize him. I am just stating what such over-criticizing could lead to.

As I have mentioned being overly critical has and will cause Devs to just stop making a game.
And to be fair as I said I stopped playing when "S2" started so I have no idea how the "story" has changed.

But everyone has their own opinion on things and that is all well and good.

Happy Gaming everyone.
There's different kinds of Patrons. There's normal people, who pay him and expect something for it. He hasn't done anything in months, so presumably those people have hopefully stopped paying him by now.

But there's people who pay him no matter what, because they think "quality takes time" and don't take into consideration how that doesn't apply to everything and everyone. They're the ones who keep lining his pockets despite getting nothing in return but excuses and sad stories. They don't seem to care if he's working or not, if they get the next update anytime soon. They feel good about themselves because they're helping a person in need, helping put food on his table. It's like a weird form of charity.

Patreon does not work on a simple system of goods and services, where a creator doesn't get paid if they don't create. If these certain people stopped paying, then BD would be forced to actually put in the work and earn his paycheck. BD pauses his pledges every now and then out of guilt, and those are the only times these certain people don't give him money.

Your post almost comes across as victim blaming, that it's his Patrons' fault for enabling BD for this bad behavior. But it's actually true, just not about the right group. The complainers are not the ones paying him no matter what.

Anyway, you were advocating for people to vent into a word document rather than actively criticize in the Discord.
And yes he is partially in this for the money since he went full-time with this he has to support his family somehow. He isn’t a triple-A dev that makes massive money from sales of his game; he relies on Patreon to help him support his family. So causing him to pause subs just puts even more stress on him which in turn will cause more issues to arise with the game meaning slower updates. So instead of coming onto Discord and complaining about things, open a Word document and vent your frustrations on it.
So maybe it isn't exactly "shut up and pay him", since the ones who you think need to shut up aren't the ones that pay him, but the sentiment is still there.
"Whining causes paused updates, causes stress, causes problems, causes slower updates."

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
a question ....if i ask BD to return the money i pay back when i was a sub ...he will do it?
is rethorical no need to answer,but i want my money back or the fucking game finished ,....wich of this one will come first do you think?
clearly any of that will happend ,but i really hope he try to go to steam so i can openly roast him for not doing what he is suppose to do,...and for scamming ppl in the open,............if he didnt lie i will never gove him a fuck dollar,....andstill have the receipts form patron to my card....

☣Sora☣

Sep 7, 2021
a question ....if i ask BD to return the money i pay back when i was a sub ...he will do it?
is rethorical no need to answer,but i want my money back or the fucking game finished ,....wich of this one will come first do you think?
clearly any of that will happend ,but i really hope he try to go to steam so i can openly roast him for not doing what he is suppose to do,...and for scamming ppl in the open,............if he didnt lie i will never gove him a fuck dollar,....andstill have the receipts form patron to my card....
I know this may upset you but you can request a refund and if BD refuses you can appeal it. In witch time Patreon will review the request and if they feel you have a good claim they will force a refund. According to Patreons refund policy.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
This is BrainShit in disguise. I knew it. Same duck in profile photo as Discord just different angle :devilish:
You've caught me.

Since this got removed from the Discord, I will post it here as I feel it is a positive message that people need to see.

skipped the giant backstory paragraph because who cares

Keep up the great work BD. I look forward to finally playing WVM again in the future.
You post this big paragraph about your experience with the game and your hopes for it going forwards all while praising Braindrop and they delete it. You then decide that your message is so important that it needs to be posted here instead? All you deluded Braincultists who think that the update will come out faster if there are more "positive messages" are absolutely cooked. The negativity isn't why Braindrop is not releasing updates, the negativity is a result of Braindrop not releasing updates. Braindrop isn't releasing updates because the Braincultists pay him thousands of dollars a month regardless of whether he releases an update or not so there is literally zero incentive for him to do any work.

Keep up the great work? How is Braindrop doing great work? He's done almost nothing for two or three years straight. If you're looking forward to playing this in the future, then you might want to hurry up and discover time travel because you'll be dead before this game even comes close to finishing. Braindrop releases one small update a year, maybe two if it's a really good year.

I don't get why all of you are so intent on supporting Braindrop and praising him. This is just one giant abusive relationship where you've all become way too invested in the game and Braindrop knows it. He knows that people will keep giving him money as long as he does the absolute bare minimum to keep them hooked. This thread is pretty much just here to shit post about Braindrop at this point, we've abandoned good vibes and positive feedback long ago.

Last edited:

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
I know this may upset you but you can request a refund and if BD refuses you can appeal it. In witch time Patreon will review the request and if they feel you have a good claim they will force a refund. According to Patreons refund policy.
...you sound like a Complaints Department manager. Good news is that everything posted here is free, no need for the financial advice outside of Patreon.

Before you protest your innocence simply read your milk toast responses all diverting any issue with the Dev.

Banana4Fun

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2024
You're basically saying to shut up and keep paying him, that way he can put out an update faster without all the complaining to distract him. How incredibly naive and misguided.

This update should've been fully completed last year, and it's been over 6 months since the last partial. The Discord server is filled with sycophants who pat his head and tell him he's doing a good job despite having nothing to show for it. He supposedly hired someone he trusts to force out whatever is ready if he misses deadlines, which not only never happened, but also isn't even the first time he's said that. He makes promises left and right, and breaks them constantly, especially ones he never should've made in the first place like 52/52 and pausing for the rest of the year.

All of this is happening because you people pay him no matter what, like he's your friend that just needs some help to get back on his feet. He has no incentive to work because he gets money for nothing. I thought things might start changing after the last update, with all the dissent brewing on Discord, but the mods cracked down real hard. Even your pathetic but extremely benign response was removed. That should tell you something.

Nothing will happen if nothing changes.
Can I, like, pay you to speak on my behalf please? You have such a lovely way with words.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Braindrop is constantly baiting them by setting release dates, so they keep subscribing because they think the update is about to come out. People could cancel their subscription at any time they want to because that's their choice. It's also their choice to criticize him and the people who support him as much as they want to.

Also, I'm not sure why you put "lying" in quotes. He is lying, that is an undisputable fact. If he were honest and released the content when he said he would then there'd be almost no criticism. He's brought it all on himself, there's nobody to blame for it but him and the people who enable him to keep doing it.

There's a clear difference between being an optimist and being a blind optimist. At some point you have to face reality and realize that Braindrop is going to keep being a flake regardless of what you say or do.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
Good luck with that because he will refuse it, if Patreon take it further he only got to say they've paid for my work and future work so they won't get involved regarding the bullshit he spews

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes