Daz XY Genitals black spots clipping

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
Hello!

I'll get straight to the point. I'm having an issue with XY penis genitals. I applied to a character of mine, one I did before with no issues, but this time black spots appeared.
816b50a4fb87a7be8c63da7ebc16a357.png
It seems to be a clipping issue caused by the shell of the XY model, though I can't figure out a solution to it. I can remove the shell, and the spots would disappear, but then the textures would be messed up. I've tried using the standard shell and the HD shell, but they have the same issue.

Any ideas of what might be the issue?

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
For being the most realistic-looking, XY's given me my fair share of trouble. Enough to make use Dicktator wherever needed.

My knowledge of shells/geoshells is limited to say the least, The quickest check would be to change the pose, provided you haven't already. This happened with me using Golden Palace once in a bit of off-the-wall position. Is this the first time you've applied the gens to this character? Are there any other shells active outside of that? It could just be that the shell isn't fitting well on the figure. I suppose you could also reinstall the asset, just in case of any corruptions/errors somewhere. If worse comes to worst (and you insist on using XY), then you could always just Content-Aware Fill it out in Photoshop.

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
For being the most realistic-looking, XY's given me my fair share of trouble. Enough to make use Dicktator wherever needed.

My knowledge of shells/geoshells is limited to say the least, The quickest check would be to change the pose, provided you haven't already. This happened with me using Golden Palace once in a bit of off-the-wall position. Is this the first time you've applied the gens to this character? Are there any other shells active outside of that? It could just be that the shell isn't fitting well on the figure. I suppose you could also reinstall the asset, just in case of any corruptions/errors somewhere. If worse comes to worst (and you insist on using XY), then you could always just Content-Aware Fill it out in Photoshop.
Yeah, right now my solution is just to use Spot Healing in Photoshop. I've tried changing poses, but that still didn't work. I've had XY genitals on this character before with no issues, but this time it doesn't work.

Luke234

Jul 31, 2017
Have you tried increasing the mesh offset of the shell? Maybe also check if the correct uv maps are selected for the gen.