Yet another beginner at visual novels

Chaste Degenerate

This Space for Rent
Game Developer
May 12, 2020
I'm Chaste Degenerate.

I have been interested in visual novels for a little while now, and have decided to take the plunge and start creating. But I still need to learn this craft.
I researched the options, looking into Unity, but decided that Ren'Py was the way to go. I have learned enough to build my first mini visual novel with it, though rendering the art will be more of a challenge.

I finally decided on Daz3D for the artwork. I seriously looked into using Honey Select, but decided for what I wanted Daz was the way to go. In the past I really disliked the artwork of 3D models. But recently I believe the artwork has evolved and looks a lot better. I still have a few issues. Butts don't always look right to me. But they no longer look creepy, at least not all of them. I am very impressed with some of what I have seen. I only fear that I may not be able to produce something of that quality. But I am believing that I can.

I am an artist, but more in hand drawn art, and story telling. I never really took it seriously though. I could always draw significantly better than the average person, but among artists I am towards the bottom. Mostly because I only thought of it as a hobby, and while being fun for a short periods of time, a career at it sounded like torture.

I have an affinity for computers though, and with tools that can more rapidly help me create, this is a much better fit. Though I admit this was never the direction I saw my life going in. But it does combine 3 of my interests. Storytelling, computers, and boobies. .. I am a breast man.

Repeating what I put in my about me section on my profile I already have plans for 5 visual novels. And with that note I need to point out that I won't be working on all of them at the same time... for the most part. I decided early on that I would put out something small and simple first. I will learn a lot just by doing that.

Next I will be working on a short game. Something that a person could play in an hour or two. Though it may sound strange that I have already started planning out my 3rd game before the 2nd one. My goals with that game are loftier, but what I plan on doing is implementing some of those elements and ideas into the 2nd game. This will prepare me for the larger and more complex third game. Almost like a test run. I would love to say what that 3rd game idea is, but I am also trying to be flexible in my plans, and it would suck if I changed my mind after some people became excited about my idea.

Already the idea for my 5th game might be merging with my 4th, and what I want for that one, I need a completely differrent method of creating the artwork. But since it could be a couple years before I would reach that game, I have all that time to learn that software in my spare time.

Anyway... Hi.

Chaste Degenerate

This Space for Rent
Game Developer
May 12, 2020
have a opened mind and don’t be toxic to the people who give you money and listen to feedback
Wow, can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I posted this thread.

I attempt to have an open mind, and have read all the responses to my Visual Novels. I took some advice, and rejected some advice. I generally ignored the criticism that was not constructive.

Not everything people want fits my vision. Some ideas I had already implemented, or planned.

Reactions: blackroses90