VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Yomi Alliance [Final] [Bruni Multimedia]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Reason it was seemingly abandoned here seems to be the developer stopped putting in effort also and doing the typical release it on steam unfinished and still just as bug filled to point many can't get it working or break it.

Its below average in most ways and many of the gameplay aspects as usual.

It had high potential (1 the main things the EA reviews point out), but never came close and now that it being sold for hefty sum and is labeled "complete" it deserves no more then a 1 star and no attention (not even negative attention as this can be all to common of a thing).

Will say Demo again showed promise got to love alien choices and multi big change routes promise that seemed like it was going Mass Effect style with higher focus on it. But again that it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

RanchFTW

I didn't even know this game existed until I saw it here. Since then I've bought it on Steam and played roughly 5 hours, and am thoroughly impressed. This game is further along than many games that have languished on F95 for years, and it is more polished than some "finished" games on this site. I highly recommend giving this a try, and if you're impressed consider supporting this Developer. This is the type of quality we really need to encourage from developers as a whole.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Faithless_Lehane

While there isn't much here at the moment what there is is good and shows promise, that together with the developers history of actually finishing games makes me hopeful for the future of Yomi Alliance.

Also the game managing to trigger both the mens rights activist and the hypercapitalist with just 20 minutes of gameplay really tickles me in a good way.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

dstarfire

An interesting concept, but the politically correct BS is obnoxiously intrusive. We've got a non-binary gender alien with the bizarre pronouns* that brings with it, and right after that you're assigned a team (with one character from each alien race) and endure a preachy sermon about not letting any member fail (could be a language thing and they just meant the usual 'work as a team and support each other', but it came off as a rather communistic 'nobody left behind, nobody gets ahead' sort of thing).

I suspect the goals of having many mutually exclusive (i.e. "unique") story paths (i.e. a unique story each time you play it) and encouraging "proper" mindsets will end up taking precedence over making the game fun to play.

Disclaimer: based solely on the first 20 minutes of gameplay.