Your corruption preference?

Your corruption preference?

• Over time corruption (the more you progress in the story the more the mc can get corrupted)

• Player choices corruption (mc can get corrupted from the beginning)

Results are only viewable after voting.

gianclod

Jan 8, 2018
I am just curious on what type of corruption game you guys prefer. Do you like more story driven type of game like oneone1 rpgs where the mc get corrupted over time or do you like to have the power to make the mc do corrupted acts from the get go?

(i can add more options to the poll if you have suggestions)

Last edited:
Reactions: Loganfin

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I definitely prefer the slow method where each individual choice leading up to it may not necessarily seem like they're stepping over the line but before you know it they're neck deep in the dark side.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Laughingbird

Jan 13, 2021
I feel like oneone1 games are not a particularly good example of corruption over time games since their girls are oftentimes some of the most depraved sluts right from the beginning. Either way choice is better than no choice even if it is a false choice when it comes to corruption.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I voted "player choice" but only because I have no interest in the process to begin with. Rather, being able to grind corruption early on tends to be the only way of having a female PC with any sense of agency and pro-sex attitude to play the rest of the game with. Meanwhile most "story-driven" "corruption" games tend to be illogical rapey drivel where the player either gets no say at all (==not a "game", just be honest publish it as a VN instead!) or you actively need to metagame the "bad" choices to get some decent sex content.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You are probably talking about female MC corruption, but my favorite is slow corruption of the male MC, who in turn will corrupt those around him.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
You are probably talking about female MC corruption, but my favorite is slow corruption of the male MC, who in turn will corrupt those around him.
I prefer the male MC being suddenly gifted with magic powers or other skills, and just being like "OK, lets do this!". And on he goes working on corrupting all of the women around him. Such as games like Dark Magic, Corruption or My New Neighbors.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can't think of a corruption-theme game that lets you do the most debauched acts right away, except ones where they are forced on the MC (ryona) and the corruption is in her enjoyment of it. Not a fan of this, except in Corrupted Saviors, which has a premise that excuses it.

Best corruption is a slow-burn where the corrupted knows what's happening and still can't stop it. The characters should be consistent and their reaction to the corruption should be believable. Takes good writing to pull off without having to resort to some mind magic doohickeys. Truth be told, most of the examples I can think of involve coercion / power imbalance.

Worst corruption is the type where you feed the corruptee potions or whatever and they're suddenly willing to suck your pp/clit with no apparent hesitation, introspection or regret. Might as well be hypnosis. I already have to suspend my disbelief that mind control/slut potions/succubus power exists, so at least have the characters react somewhat believably to what's happening to them and the new things they find themselves compelled to do all of a sudden.

Last edited:

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
I'm not a fan of most corruption type games but, to give an example, Echoes of Lust did corruption perfectly

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
I don't know if this is inside the scope of the conversation but one thing that annoys me is the fake corruption games.

"Oh yeah, I'm totally corrupted babe but we still need to have sex in the dark, one time a week max and I will still get angry at you for peeking at me in the bath."

A game can be about varied types of corruption and corruption can be small changes in one's mindset or a total death of the previous personality and way of thinking but I personally can't stand games of sexual corruption where the girl isn't at least more sexually open at the end. In games that say they are "heavy", "rough", "dark", I expect the girl not only to be a massive slut at the end but also be morally degraded.

Now to answer your question, both types of games are nice, story driven and games that let you do stuff right from the start. I like to imagine that these games offer different perspectives into the minds of people, for example, Good Girl Gone Bad offers the choice for the MC to gradually escalate her acts of perversion but rarely lock the player into a route of complete perversion, meaning the player has a choice in how far she has fallen. For me at least this gives the idea that some people and by extension, some characters, need to take baby steps into corruption, the "courage" to do these acts doesn't come all at once. The corruption itself is a slippery slope of sorts.

The games where the corruption can happen without limitations right from the start can be made to work in a game with female MC but in general these games seem to be better having a Male/Female MC who corrupts others since it gives the players the choice to experiment different things with different people, it gives also the opportunity for the player to jump right in into a content of his or her preference without having to "stay on the road" of the written story-driven game just to reach the point where the preferred content is. Open games where you decide what happens and when it happens seem to be more rewarding too, consider these scenarios:

A game where the player corrupts women by getting them to drink a potion but this potion needs certain ingredients. The player can just go into a dungeon, do heavy exploration, heavy gathering and in the end he/she will have enough to make a lot of potions. Provided that the game isn't some unbearable grind-fest or that the grind to get those items is satisfactory the player will feel accomplished to have taken so many ingredients and to be able to make so many corruption potions. A reward for the efforts while playing the game.

A game where the player doesn't have a choice and can only corrupt one woman with hypnosis one time a day. This type of game while not bad just for being linear gives the player little opportunity to explore what he/she wants to do and at what rate the people around them would fall since the corruption event happens every day like clockwork even if the player didn't explore at all, even if the player just skipped all dialogue and etc. This makes the player less engaged and invested into actively corrupting, instead he/she just waits for the inevitable to happen.