Seeking Your favorite sandbox games?

User_name42069

Apr 30, 2022
My favorites off the top of my head is

S.H.E.L.T.E.R (Story+ side stories, choices, art, Very good)
Apocalypse
Summertime Saga

Decent games/games with potential:

Lab Rats 2 (Need more content/story)
Rogue-like Evolution
What a Legend
Sexnote
Both Timestamp games (Too VN for my preference.)
Become someone (Only lacking in content in my opinion, lots of potential.)
Straitened Times

I dont really like rpg maker games or VN's

Any suggestions?

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Some of my own recommendations (in addition to the ones you've already mentioned):

Harem Residence - I haven't played it for long (I started on it only yesterday), but so far, it's showing promise.

The Hard Way - The story on this is a little odd, and the art style is a bit janky, but I still enjoy it. It's also very -cesty (if you know what I mean), so that's a plus in my book.

Room for Rent (completed) - Quite enjoyable, but two things to note: The MC has a very pervy look for about the first half of the game (this changes a few chapters in), and the game can be very grindy to get through all the bookmarks/scenes in each chapter, but it was still worth by time. Also, all of the games from this dev are played the same way (finding bookmarks/scenes in each chapter before you can continue to the next part), and might also be worth playing.

What a Legend! - Nice art style, and probably less sandboxy than other games (you have tasks to fulfill, but some of them can usually be performed in the order you like).

Desert Stalker - Another story-based one with sandbox elements to the gameplay. This is one of my favorite stories.

Lucky Paradox - Nice story and art style.

All of these are made with Ren'Py, btw (which is my favorite VN engine).

I might have more, but this should probably do it for now.