Your future may look like this....

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
I always had an idea to gacha-fy the life. You have to roll in order to go outside.

If you are getting robbed, you can get a 10-roll with 5% chance to escape and 1% to rob someone back.

All your friends become NFTs that you collect.

Then you run out of money.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i thought of it as how life could eventually evolve with technology and commerce.
We can't really imagine how life will be in 50 years from now.
Since this is actually very old i still watch it from time to time. Sad that there isn't anything newer.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Well, i thought of it as how life could eventually evolve with technology and commerce.
We can't really imagine how life will be in 50 years from now.
Since this is actually very old i still watch it from time to time. Sad that there isn't anything newer.
Even ten years into the future is difficult. in the early to mid 90's a local telco interviewed people if they would get a mobile phone. Everybody gave reasons why they wouldn't. Guess how that turned out. :ROFLMAO:
And while in the early 2000's this internet thing had it's place and was useful I doubt many people would have guessed where it would be going.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I think one difference i was making out is that pre internet, most of the things weren't in your face.
Now, its constant. A vision like the one in this clip goes even further.
There is this dark side of things to come and i don't want to sound apocalyptic in any way but if social media thought me one thing, it is that people will try to steal your identity, money, pride or just destroy you.
It probably applies more to women than to men.
I am not sure which technology will succeed but so far, the visor is a piece of technology companies want you to have.
The real stumbling block is that i believe that humans aren't capable of understanding it and using it in a good way.
Today it is easy to destroy someone's life just with deepfakes.
I am probably ok as i maybe live another 20 years before kicking the can.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Even ten years into the future is difficult. in the early to mid 90's a local telco interviewed people if they would get a mobile phone. Everybody gave reasons why they wouldn't. Guess how that turned out. :ROFLMAO:
And while in the early 2000's this internet thing had it's place and was useful I doubt many people would have guessed where it would be going.
I'm not convinced on the whole there's been much progression in the last 10 years though.....sure, things have sort of followed moore's law both directly and in an abstract sense; but there have been very few 'breakthroughs' I'm aware of.....

Meaning yes, resolutions have gotten higher, phones have gotten smaller, etcetc but I've been awhile since I've seen a 'wow! an airplane' or 'plasma-flat-panel tv' or 'iphone' - things that are fundamental paradigm shifters when they come out, seems like the whole world's kinda been stagnant innovationwise since about 2010-2012......

/end old man rant.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I'm not convinced on the whole there's been much progression in the last 10 years though.....sure, things have sort of followed moore's law both directly and in an abstract sense; but there have been very few 'breakthroughs' I'm aware of.....

Meaning yes, resolutions have gotten higher, phones have gotten smaller, etcetc but I've been awhile since I've seen a 'wow! an airplane' or 'plasma-flat-panel tv' or 'iphone' - things that are fundamental paradigm shifters when they come out, seems like the whole world's kinda been stagnant innovationwise since about 2010-2012......

/end old man rant.
Common, the last 10 years were fun.
Like with Tay.ai.
1690247082403.png

Now we are getting serious, this time for real, with VR.
1690247193368.png

And in the meantime we have all kinds of AI getting silly.

I would bet that VR will be at one point THE device that most will have. The idea that we will be forever on a computer is a very retro thinking.
Just look at your phone. Its not a phone, its you everything.

Of course there weren't any major breakthroughs yet. Nothing earth shattering like the iPhone was when it was released but i think that is a little too much to ask for.

Games will be eventually really only online only.
I am stuck in the early 2000 still. So i have a smartphone but i don't much with it really. The younger generation is more adapt but not smarter. But they understand how to use it. I haven't even figured out what Instagram is for. It's a mystery.

To me the video is a reference to Frankenstein. Create and let lose and you don't know what will happen.
As for gaming, ill guess horny guys get ultra horny with HoloLens kind of glasses and live in the dreamworld with no real social contact whatsoever. Kind of like in Futurama.
Until a couple of years ago, Raytracing was the new thing for GFX cards. Is that still the case? What new on that front? I inapt my self it seems.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
And in the meantime we have all kinds of AI getting silly.

I would bet that VR will be at one point THE device that most will have. The idea that we will be forever on a computer is a very retro thinking.
Just look at your phone. Its not a phone, its you everything.

Until a couple of years ago, Raytracing was the new thing for GFX cards. Is that still the case? What new on that front? I inapt my self it seems.
I dunno I remain unconvinced, all those 'breakthroughs' just seem more like iterative progress, encompassed within my 'moore's law' comment. I've yet to see vr implemented in a way that's actually interesting - perhaps in the next 10 years when gpus are sufficiently powerful to have 2 screens at high res cranking solid fps - but right now for all the marketing hype, the experience is laughable next to traditional desktops.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I dunno I remain unconvinced, all those 'breakthroughs' just seem more like iterative progress, encompassed within my 'moore's law' comment. I've yet to see vr implemented in a way that's actually interesting - perhaps in the next 10 years when gpus are sufficiently powerful to have 2 screens at high res cranking solid fps - but right now for all the marketing hype, the experience is laughable next to traditional desktops.
Yeah, i know. Nothing wows me either.
I just pointed things out that i think could be really big.
I assume that we will never have a personal quantum computer to call our own.
Though, i wouldn't even know what to use it for.
Btw. i am not a power gamer anymore. I play low titles like Soma or Little Nightmares. Most big budget games are .... dull. And don't get me started on CoD or similar. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny