Unreal Engine Your ideas on a new game

NicklessDev

Feb 14, 2023
I wont babble I'll go straight to the point. I've been working in UE5 for a month or so, making basic game systems that would work for any game like inventories and interaction systems and and a little more. I'm thinking about making a Zombie Survival game. The plan is to mix the features of DayZ and State of Survival and obviously bunch of sex. The idea is that I would let you, the player decide how you want to play. Play as a lone survivor, or join a community. I would later add managing the communities. The community system would go more advanced than the State of Survival did, and I want to add slavery within the communities and managing them(maybe). I'm planning on making a quest system and adding quests as well.
The game would have a character creation system and I would like to focus on content specific for both genders. I will be using Daz3D Genesis8 models and I currently have the skeleton working perfectly with ALS 4.0.

I just wanted some input before I started to go into actual content development
Edit:Thanks for pointing out that I really didnt ask anything TheExordick. I guess I wasnt pretty clear now that I read it. Would you play a zombie survival game or would you like to suggest any other ideas. I have experience in game development and I could make a lot of ideas into a game with time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExordick

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I've been trying to make my own projects for some time now. I find making world/environment art and character model creation to be the biggest pain, mainly because both are slow and filled with technical challenges that kills the pacing. Making a game is fun... when you feel like you are making progress. but being stuck trying to get one feature to work on a character for a week due to technical nuances or being frustrated that your level making skills suck I find to be the two big things that ruin the game making process. I haven't bothered with UE5 yet just due to my prefernce for the C# language, so I can't imagine what technical challenges there may be with working UE5.
will be using Daz3D Genesis8 models and I currently have the skeleton working perfectly with ALS 4.0
glad to hear you've looked into getting the character working.

NicklessDev

Feb 14, 2023
I've been trying to make my own projects for some time now. I find making world/environment art and character model creation to be the biggest pain, mainly because both are slow and filled with technical challenges that kills the pacing. Making a game is fun... when you feel like you are making progress. but being stuck trying to get one feature to work on a character for a week due to technical nuances or being frustrated that your level making skills suck I find to be the two big things that ruin the game making process. I haven't bothered with UE5 yet just due to my prefernce for the C# language, so I can't imagine what technical challenges there may be with working UE5.

glad to hear you've looked into getting the character working.
You really should look into UE5, C# and C++ arent all that different and if you have a good understanding of a coding language already you will pick it up very fast, also Blueprints are also very powerful and can do most of the things you need. And yeah the world,environment and characters is basically the hardest part but I caught a lot of free assets from unreal marketplace I got the Procedural Biomes and it gave me enough knowledge to make my own procedurally generated landscape easily the only problem left is buildings and interiors. And for character creation Im thinking about using multiple Daz3D Genesis 8 Characters and putting them in as Morph Targets, which can make a lot of different faces. I also plan on using Body Morph Kit so you can customize the body as well.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
I wont babble I'll go straight to the point. I've been working in UE5 for a month or so, making basic game systems that would work for any game like inventories and interaction systems and and a little more. I'm thinking about making a Zombie Survival game. The plan is to mix the features of DayZ and State of Survival and obviously bunch of sex. The idea is that I would let you, the player decide how you want to play. Play as a lone survivor, or join a community. I would later add managing the communities. The community system would go more advanced than the State of Survival did, and I want to add slavery within the communities and managing them(maybe). I'm planning on making a quest system and adding quests as well.
The game would have a character creation system and I would like to focus on content specific for both genders. I will be using Daz3D Genesis8 models and I currently have the skeleton working perfectly with ALS 4.0.

I just wanted some input before I started to go into actual content development
This sounds like an ambituous project. But, by community, you mean an online game? or NPCs community? Because that's a totally different story.

So you wanted some input but you didn't actually asked anything...

Reactions: NicklessDev
Dec 20, 2022
I think your scope is way too big. For example, you say you want the player to be able to either stay on their own, or join a community. And then you say you want to add a ton of community based gameplay mechanics. That's a lot to add for a feature that players might not even see.

Here's what I would suggest: Choose a primary feature that links in highly with your sexual content. Create a small game or story with just that. That'll give you an idea of what works and what doesn't work, and where you want to take it from there.

NicklessDev

Feb 14, 2023
This sounds like an ambituous project. But, by community, you mean an online game? or NPCs community? Because that's a totally different story.

So you wanted some input but you didn't actually asked anything...
Multiplayer is hard for me I dont understand networking no matter how much I study it so its will be singleplayer, The communities would be simple NPC that walk around, and do chores you tell them to do.

I think your scope is way too big. For example, you say you want the player to be able to either stay on their own, or join a community. And then you say you want to add a ton of community based gameplay mechanics. That's a lot to add for a feature that players might not even see.

Here's what I would suggest: Choose a primary feature that links in highly with your sexual content. Create a small game or story with just that. That'll give you an idea of what works and what doesn't work, and where you want to take it from there.
Yeah I havent started anything towards actual gameplay anyways I just wanna know what direction I should go what ppl would like to see. I have other games that I've published but they're not sex related and not under this username I wanna keep those seperate cause it would cause problems when I'm getting an actual job in Game Development.

As for an update currently working on the character customization and its going pretty good for now but the UI could use a touch up CharacterCreation.gif

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
I hope you got a bunch of experience with BPs or C++. I think the Daz to UE5 bridge finally works well now (was bugged for a super long time and there were always workarounds)

I would suggest you lower your scope so you can comfortably reach a point where you have a few polished features, rather than a bunch of unpolished ones.