VN - Unity - Abandoned - Your Memento [v0.01 Beta] [Lusi3D]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.01 Beta...

This is a very short intro to the visual novel/game...

The visuals for both the characters and backdrops are somewhat grainy, and some of the faces the characters make during dialogue look a bit over exaggerated... The text box (no matter what resolution I chose) had text that went off the edge so you couldn't see everything that was thought/said every time... There was word wrap, but it's possible either the text box isn't big enough, or the text needs to be set to automatically decrease font size so it all fits... Made it very difficult to know what was always being said/thought by some characters... Plus, a lot of visuals are covered up by the text box, and even though there is a Remove UI button, it shouldn't have to be necessary to keep doing that to see any actions in the pictures... Perhaps a re-think of it's opacity or perhaps avoid having so much of the important parts of the picture visuals in the lowest part of the frame?

Also, the chapter selection screen looks like some of the selection boxes run off the two sides of the display... It makes me wonder if this game was developed on a much larger video resolution... And when running it on lower resolutions, the game is not adapting properly to the resolution changes... I tried both 1600 x 900 and 1600 x 1050, so I suspect the game may be intended for a lot higher of resolution, and that is what is causing the text box issues with the text missing as well as the chapter selection screen problems... The text box was rather large (takes up about 1/6th of so of the screen) and so is the font, during my play throughs...

The script has a small amount of broken English now and then, but I was able to figure out what was being said when all the text was actually viewable... The plot appears for the moment to be a female protagonist, who is about to start her own photography business... The game play revolves around her decisions as following a Love route or a No Dignity route, which I assume will determine experienced content later into it's development... After a few character introductions and a couple of choices that open different erotic scenes (most of which are covered up by the text box), she goes to sleep and a fire breaks out in her apartment... And that is where the current content ends for this VN/game...

Overall, I like the premise of the plot and the game play concepts, but the visual issues need to be heavily worked on, as well as the text missing issue in the text box... It almost feels like this is still in Alpha rather then Beta, because those resolution issues should have been nailed down before going Beta, if that is the cause of some of the visual problems I mentioned earlier... This game is very early into it's development, so there is plenty of time to work out the kinks... I may check back on this one at a later date, once more content gets made and the issues get worked out...