Ren'Py Yuri University [v0.60.1] [chekkin games]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
new presplash 1.jpg

Overview:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-30
Release Date: 2024-03-16
Developer: Chekkin Games -
Censored: No
Version: 0.60.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - - -

Extra: Gallery unlock*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

bg sexy party (9).jpg bg sleepover (18).jpg bg masturbate pillow (12).jpg bg bff mm (40).jpg bg ezri kiss masturbate 11.jpg bg scarlett draw (171).jpg bg ashley tits 45.jpg bg hannah spank 32.jpg bg harriet (31).jpg bg library girl 2 (31).jpg bg ezri 5 (61).jpg phone bg sleepover (0).jpg bg truth dare (104).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Yuri University [v0.5] [Chekkin Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 4,09 GB / 1,05 GB - YuriUniversity-0.50-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 4,07 GB / 1,03 GB - YuriUniversity-0.50-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - Cruncher (bas@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Lele91

Sep 2, 2017
Looking forward to next update, enjoyed this game specially turning Alice was big fun should have had one extra so called straight girl tho, seemed like dyke uni :p but overall 9.5/10!

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
After playing for a bit I can say I am actually impressed by the animations I saw. Scarlet is indeed as cute as I would have hoped for & I will also say that the protagonist looks way better ingame than I assumed she would. The writing isn't half bad, I didn't spot any grammatical errors or typos either, so I feel safe to say it's above average in that regard.

Another thing I did quite like are the skill books, the gameplay was quite alright and didn't feel grindy, but I also only played until the first party. The option to buy outfits, although not yet implemented, is also something I think is good to have.

I enjoyed the mechanic with the backgrounds, quite a neat feature in my opinion.

Sadly there are 2 things I did not like:

The first thing is the game assuming the player saw scenes no matter if they actually were triggered. That always feels off, and it adds to the somewhat odd pacing, which feels as if the game jumps at certain points even though the story and interactions didn't really warrant it.

The other thing I did not like, and it made me stop playing the game during the first party, is the forced polyamorous stuff. I would much prefer the option to chase 1 of the girls at a time instead of the game either forcing the protagonist to go at it with multiple people or just taking the respective chosen npc to do stuff with other npcs. I do accept if that is what you are going for & it's not objectively bad game design or anything, but it is a huge turn-off for me to the point were I don't feel like exploring anymore content. Especially for Scarlett it takes away from the quality of the blossoming relationship between the protagonist and her, especially since the way the interactions up to that point are written say that it's something personal and not just general urges.
It also doesn't add up with the character being portrayed as, until the game start, being pretty reserved and shy. Her just jumping from that to willy-nilly making out with anyone or get intimate with anyone seems pretty off.

Reactions: Health24

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
The first thing is the game assuming the player saw scenes no matter if they actually were triggered.
If you remember, would you mind pointing out exactly where you saw this occur? Because it's something I've tried very hard to avoid. The game has several ways of remembering what you've done and with whom, so if a character talked about something you haven't done, that's an error I'd like to fix.

Thank you so much for downloading and trying it out, even if it wound up not being for you. You're right that it's mostly a stylistic choice: I wanted to give the impression that other characters in the house also fool around with each other.

I'll sit this one out until there's more content.
It should take most people 3-6 hours to get through everything currently in the game, although of course if you're only pursuing 1 character it'll be a lot quicker. But I'll keep this thread updated as more content is released!

Yuri? With spanking? Hell yeah!

Will keep an eye on this with GREAT interest.
I suggest pursuing Hannah, that's her jam :D

Thanks for checking it out everyone!

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Here's a sort-of-review after playing a fair bit, but lemme get something out of the way first: I cheated just a bit and used a save editor so I could max out money and learn all the skills (except for the faster money) ASAP, so I'm not entirely sure if some of my complaints could originate from having some cheated progress.
Now for the actual review stuff... (spoilers ahead for anyone not the dev reading this)
  • I'm finding a lot of the stat restrictions to be more frustrating than anything else. Even with what I would hope are somewhat higher stats thanks to cheating, I've gone through four or five scenes now where a choice was locked because I didn't make some arbitrary requirement.
    • The two examples that stick out the most to me were not having the right stats/experience for Rose to offer herself to Sharon for a discount in one of Ezri's scenes and not having enough voyeurism for the full scene with Violet and Sabrina.
    • Sometimes the distinction between the voyeurism and lewdness stats makes sense in context, and other times the distinction feels so unnecessary and detracts from scenes.
      • Good examples, in my opinion, would be the Emily scene and the aforementioned V&S scene. With a high-enough lewdness Rose can follow a girl she's never met before into a public bathroom for some quick naughty action, but doesn't have enough "voyeurism" to ask for a picture with both tits and ass? The V&S one was also particularly annoying for me - having Rose being okay with coming over to some random couple's home, make out with them and feel them up, only for it to abruptly end because she didn't have enough "voyeurism" to watch the couple do stuff together was... an exceptional disappointment.
  • Having content locked out because of the choice between Physics and Art at the start of the game isn't great. The game is already fairly lengthy (especially for a first release) but having to do two separate playthroughs just so you don't miss out on the class you didn't take just adds frustration.
    • Unless there's a New Game Plus function to carry things like stats and skills over to a new game, I can't see myself wanting to play through again just for the Art club scenes, because I'd rather not have to cheat the book skills again (was a surprisingly tedious process with the Ren'py save editor I have and still took up some valuable in-game time) and also try to hope that my stats are good enough for certain scenes anyways.
In the end, I guess my main complaint is that the game feels just a little too mechanically complex? It's good that it has more depth with stat progression and individual affection meters for each girl (as opposed to just "click on this location to see Girl A's first scene out of ten, then click on this location for Girl B's 4th scene out of six") but I also feel like that level of complexity is a detriment to the delivery of the NSFW content. That first multi-girl event with the spin-the-bottle truth-or-dare alone can be affected by so many minor variables and decisions to pick truth or dare to the point where trying to view all the possible scenes in-game would be a nightmare.
(Of course, all my complaints might also be invalidated because I haven't unlocked some in-game gallery that allows you to replay events with better stats or see different scenes but so far, it's been a bit of a headache.)

Last edited:

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Here's a sort-of-review after playing a fair bit, but lemme get something out of the way first: I cheated just a bit and used a save editor so I could max out money and learn all the skills (except for the faster money) ASAP, so I'm not entirely sure if some of my complaints could originate from having some cheated progress.
Now for the actual review stuff... (spoilers ahead for anyone not the dev reading this)
  • I'm finding a lot of the stat restrictions to be more frustrating than anything else. Even with what I would hope are somewhat higher stats thanks to cheating, I've gone through four or five scenes now where a choice was locked because I didn't make some arbitrary requirement.
    • The two examples that stick out the most to me were not having the right stats/experience for Rose to offer herself to Sharon for a discount in one of Ezri's scenesand not having enough voyeurism for the full scene with Violet and Sabrina.
    • Sometimes the distinction between the voyeurism and lewdness stats makes sense in context, and other times the distinction feels so unnecessary and detracts from scenes.
      • Good examples, in my opinion, would be the Emily scene and the aforementioned V&S scene. With a high-enough lewdness Rose can follow a girl she's never met before into a public bathroom for some quick naughty action, but doesn't have enough "voyeurism" to ask for a picture with both tits and ass? The V&S one was also particularly annoying for me - having Rose being okay with coming over to some random couple's home, make out with them and feel them up, only for it to abruptly end because she didn't have enough "voyeurism" to watch the couple do stuff together was... an exceptional disappointment.
  • Having content locked out because of the choice between Physics and Art at the start of the game isn't great. The game is already fairly lengthy (especially for a first release) but having to do two separate playthroughs just so you don't miss out on the class you didn't take just adds frustration.
    • Unless there's a New Game Plus function to carry things like stats and skills over to a new game, I can't see myself wanting to play through again just for the Art club scenes, because I'd rather not have to cheat the book skills again (was a surprisingly tedious process with the Ren'py save editor I have and still took up some valuable in-game time) and also try to hope that my stats are good enough for certain scenes anyways.
In the end, I guess my main complaint is that the game feels just a little too mechanically complex? It's good that it has more depth with stat progression and individual affection meters for each girl (as opposed to just "click on this location to see Girl A's first scene out of ten, then click on this location for Girl B's 4th scene out of six") but I also feel like that level of complexity is a detriment to the delivery of the NSFW content. That first multi-girl event with the spin-the-bottle truth-or-dare alone can be affected by so many minor variables and decisions to pick truth or dare to the point where trying to view all the possible scenes in-game would be a nightmare.
(Of course, all my complaints might also be invalidated because I haven't unlocked some in-game gallery that allows you to replay events with better stats or see different scenes but so far, it's been a bit of a headache.)
Thank you for taking the time to try the game and leave feedback. It's vital to my growth as a developer.

I'd like to offer some of my reasoning behind some of your points, not to invalidate them (because my game should ideally stand on its own without extra explanation), but to see if there's tweaks I can make to improve the experience.

Unfortunately I can't comment too much on balancing and pacing when a save editor is used, but thank you for including your stats none the less.

The distinction between lewdness and voyeurism was particularly tricky, but what I settled on was this:
  • When requesting to do something with a character (particularly if that thing hasn't been explicitly offered), or when making an especially sexual comment, a lewdness stat is required.
  • When requesting to watch a character do something (again, particularly if not offered), and especially when asking to take pics when they weren't offered, a voyeurism stat is required.
These aren't meant to be restrictions, since you can usually complete a scene regardless (barring side characters), but rather a reward for getting your stats up. With that in mind, the Ezri scene has by far the highest stat requirement currently in the game, because it is probably the most sexually adventerous thing Rose will ever do. Offering sex to a woman she just met, who's barely flirted with her, in a changing room, in front of Ezri, in exchange for a discount... it's far out of character for her, so requires a very large commitment.

However, Emily's scene could do with some tweaking. Asking her for a pic with both tits and bum is supposed to just be a little cheeky, since she offered one or the other, but voyeurism 25+ is too high. I think I'll lower it to 15. Also for what it's worth, you can run in to her again for a repeat version of the scene, and ask for a different pic.

Similarly, I might reduce the voyeurism requirement for Violet and Sabrina slightly. This one's a little different though: they explicitly said they were just 'trying things out' at first, the scene is "supposed" to end there, but if you're voyeuristic enough you can ask them to put on a show for you. Since they didn't offer, and it's a pretty big request, I set the requirement fairly high, but maybe it's a little too high considering how early you can encounter them. They currently don't have a repeating scene, but will do in the near future.

Ultimately, it's a difficult choice between giving the player freedom to choose, making choices actually matter, rewarding players for gameplay, but whilst ensuring people can see what they want to. I never really intended a player to be able to see every variation in one playthrough, in case they did want to play again. But some of your suggestions are actually in the pipeline:
  • I do want to have a new game plus, where you start again but keep all your stats, skills and money. However this requires me actually finishing the game first, so it's a way off.
  • I started making a replay mode, where you could repeat older scenes using your new stats, but ran into technical problems, and postponed it so I could actually release the game. It's something I do intend on adding in the future.
Do you think a replay mode would significantly help with your concerns? I know it wouldn't help with the subject choice - for what it's worth, this is actually fairly minor, and mostly just determines which teacher character you have (and adds some minor variation to dialogue), and they each only have 1 scene so far. If you want to see what the other subject currently offers, you need only play to the first Friday and then attend your lesson.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes