Ren'Py Yuri University [v0.60.1] [chekkin games]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
I'm just starting to play this game ( I've played until the girls play truth and dare) and so far I love it. The interactions between the girls are so cute and adorable. And it's hard to find nice lesbian games, so thanks a lot.

An idea: although the main characters have more content than other more secondary characters such as the teacher or the trans girl, it would be nice to be able to consult information about your relationship with them on the cell phone as well.

By the way, regarding the trans girl, I already imagined that there would be "controversy" in the thread xD ... as far as I'm concerned, she's very cute, I like her.

Does the game change much depending on whether you choose physics or art? I have chosen physics.
Thank you, glad you're enjoying it so far!

I had initially thought to track progress with side characters, but 2 things stopped me:
  1. Behind the scenes, the mechanics of side characters are quite different. Displaying an affection meter would probably be more confusing than helpful, as it wouldn't be comparable to the primary characters or even to other side characters.
  2. There's just so many of them!
However, you're not the first person to suggest this, so it's something I'll look into again. I might be able to do something like show how many of their scenes you've seen (e.g. Alex: 1/2), but I'll have to see what works.

Like Runeweaver said, the subject choice mostly just changes which teacher you have and the classroom scenes. Other than that it's very minor, e.g. you get more stats studying in the library with someone who does the same subject as you, some dialogue changes, etc.

Yes, I have noticed. I've interacted a lot with Alice (the BFF), and in the truth and dare game I've done pretty kinky things with her :3 It's funny how at first she calls herself "straight" and in just a week she's so "interested" in so many definitely non-straight things, lol.

I've also noticed that other girls seem to interact quite a bit with each other. For example the goth girl and the blonde girl in yellow are clearly quite into each other. I mean, they all seem interested in everyone else, but I'd say there are certain "couples" that stand out the most.
Yeah BFF isn't quite as straight as she thought! Similar to MC, she hadn't realised until coming to uni. Although, if you hadn't interacted with her as much, she might not have been quite so keen!

I wanted that feeling that you're not the only person in the house experimenting with friends. I'll be curious to hear who you couple together after playing some more!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your playthrough! :D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020
Thank you, glad you're enjoying it so far!

I had initially thought to track progress with side characters, but 2 things stopped me:
  1. Behind the scenes, the mechanics of side characters are quite different. Displaying an affection meter would probably be more confusing than helpful, as it wouldn't be comparable to the primary characters or even to other side characters.
  2. There's just so many of them!
However, you're not the first person to suggest this, so it's something I'll look into again. I might be able to do something like show how many of their scenes you've seen (e.g. Alex: 1/2), but I'll have to see what works.

Like Runeweaver said, the subject choice mostly just changes which teacher you have and the classroom scenes. Other than that it's very minor, e.g. you get more stats studying in the library with someone who does the same subject as you, some dialogue changes, etc.

Yeah BFF isn't quite as straight as she thought! Similar to MC, she hadn't realised until coming to uni. Although, if you hadn't interacted with her as much, she might not have been quite so keen!

I wanted that feeling that you're not the only person in the house experimenting with friends. I'll be curious to hear who you couple together after playing some more!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your playthrough! :D
I've already seen that the side characters are quite different from each other, yes.

I agree with the idea of at least having a list of the side characters you already know and showing how many events you have seen, eg "Alex - 2/3 events". That would be helpful.

I like the variety of side characters, by the way. There are more than I expected, and after about 20 days of in-game time, I'm sure I haven't met all of them yet.

I have to say that right now I'm not very sure how to "couple" the main characters beyond "all are into all". I think pairing up Scarlett and Alice was more of a coincidence for just seeing some scene between them... at that point I hadn't seen things like Ezri "teaching" Scarlett and the MC yet, or Ezri spanking Alice. Either way, it's great that the main characters interact with each other.

Reactions: chekkingames
Jun 6, 2022
talking about this, is it possible that in the future the girls can also have couple finals with each other?

Dec 7, 2020
talking about this, is it possible that in the future the girls can also have couple finals with each other?
I wasn't clear about the most obvious "couples" of main characters until I saw the sleepover on day 30. Now the "couples" of characters that have the most mutual attraction are perfectly obvious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The sleepover makes the coupling quite obvious xD

My guess is that the ending (or multiple endings) will take those couples into account, regardless of whether they're also with Rose or not. Seeing how open are all the main characters, and how light-hearted is the game, I don't expect the game having any "drama" regarding Rose "breaking" other couples.

Maybe Rose will also have endings with the side characters too, who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Celtic fan

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
I wasn't clear about the most obvious "couples" of main characters until I saw the sleepover on day 30. Now the "couples" of characters that have the most mutual attraction are perfectly obvious:

My guess is that the ending (or multiple endings) will take those couples into account, regardless of whether they're also with Rose or not. Seeing how open are all the main characters, and how light-hearted is the game, I don't expect the game having any "drama" regarding Rose "breaking" other couples.

Maybe Rose will also have endings with the side characters too, who knows.
The endings are obviously a ways off, but I have plans...

Again, this is a ways off. First each primary character needs all their scenes. But we're getting there :)

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
wouldn't you have the patch so the files from V5.2? I didn't want to download the whole game again

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
wouldn't you have the patch so the files from V5.2? I didn't want to download the whole game again
I'm afraid not. All the images and animations are archived together, so I won't be distributing a patch. For what it's worth, you won't need to start a new game.
I might also add a compressed version in the next few days. The quality will be a little lower, but the file size will be a lot smaller.

Jun 6, 2022

The endings are obviously a ways off, but I have plans...

Again, this is a ways off. First each primary character needs all their scenes. But we're getting there :)
I love that there can be this kind of different endings for the characters, it makes them feel more alive and part of the story.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I'm afraid not. All the images and animations are archived together, so I won't be distributing a patch. For what it's worth, you won't need to start a new game.
I might also add a compressed version in the next few days. The quality will be a little lower, but the file size will be a lot smaller.
many other games make the new version with separate files, so it makes it easier to create a petch file just to change the game version, usually they do it with the name of the game version or when the days go from one petch to another 1658003276338.png

this makes it a lot easier for those who already have a previous version and just need to download the news of the new version, without having to download everything again

Reactions: red_faced

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
many other games make the new version with separate files, so it makes it easier to create a petch file just to change the game version, usually they do it with the name of the game version or when the days go from one petch to another View attachment 1929347

this makes it a lot easier for those who already have a previous version and just need to download the news of the new version, without having to download everything again
I'll look into it, but I'm constantly tweaking bits from all over the place. With the non-linear nature of the game, it's not as simple as just adding the next week of events or similar.

Basically, it's probably not gonna happen, sorry. I am thinking about adding more compression to bring the file size down at some point though.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Yuri University [v0.52] [Chekkin Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 4,52 GB / 1,17 GB - YuriUniversity-0.52-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 4,50 GB / 1,16 GB - YuriUniversity-0.52-mac-crunched.zip
= ~25,9% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - Cruncher (bas@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
many other games make the new version with separate files, so it makes it easier to create a petch file just to change the game version, usually they do it with the name of the game version or when the days go from one petch to another
In fact, not many games use this update mechanic.
The game needs to have a linear narrative, only then will it be possible to add a patch. Or the developer should refuse to archive content, in which case you can update old pieces of content, but this in turn can severely damage the integrity of the game. So the developer will have to spend a lot of time testing his patch.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the game.

Very cute and fun story, like its consistency and general light-heartedness.
The graphics are certainly not breakthrough, but overall quite pleasant.
I hope for further development of custom animations, various fetishes, etc.
Of the minuses:
1) Why does everyone have the same nipples!? I'm very disappointed :cry:
2) Clumsy UI. But that's probably a matter of taste.

Reactions: chekkingames

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
In fact, not many games use this update mechanic.
The game needs to have a linear narrative, only then will it be possible to add a patch. Or the developer should refuse to archive content, in which case you can update old pieces of content, but this in turn can severely damage the integrity of the game. So the developer will have to spend a lot of time testing his patch.
You are forgetting the most important issue with patches: User stupidity.
Never underestimate the inability of a randomly selected player to correctly unzip and overwrite files, no matter how clear the instructions are. For the dev, this will result in countless identical "support requests" and a lot of frustration.
Even turning it into a self-extracting archive won't help because then there will be issues with antivirus software.

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
As for the game.

Very cute and fun story, like its consistency and general light-heartedness.
The graphics are certainly not breakthrough, but overall quite pleasant.
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it :)
I hope for further development of custom animations, various fetishes, etc.
What do you mean by "custom" animations? If it's something like real-time control of your character or extensive outfit customisation, it wouldn't be possible in this engine.

On fetishes, most of YU will stay pretty vanilla. There's already some spanking, exhibitionism, a little public sex, a little roleplay, and some group stuff. Later updates will add some anal and some strap-on (I'll try to keep both optional). Feel free to suggest others and I'll at least consider it, but like I said, will mostly stay pretty vanilla.

Of the minuses:
1) Why does everyone have the same nipples!? I'm very disappointed :cry:
2) Clumsy UI. But that's probably a matter of taste.
They... don't have the same nipples? I made sure to tweak all of them to have some variety, whilst trying to remain realistic. Just out of curiosity, are you playing on Android? Maybe it's harder to see on a smaller screen. Or maybe they're just not as varied as I'd hoped!

Fair enough on the UI, it's the first time I've ever made one! Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for playing!

Dec 7, 2020
I know it's not implemented yet, but out of curiosity, what will the costumes you buy in the store be used for? Is it so Rose can wear the other girls' clothes? Won't that multiply the number of renders needed and thus the development time?

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
I know it's not implemented yet, but out of curiosity, what will the costumes you buy in the store be used for? Is it so Rose can wear the other girls' clothes? Won't that multiply the number of renders needed and thus the development time?
They're outfits for the primary characters to wear (at the moment it shows their default clothes since they haven't been designed yet).
The plan is that you'll have a unique scene where you have sex with them whilst they wear that outfit, which will have a smaller repeatable version so you can ask them to put it on. You can also ask them to wear it when they pose for photos. I may also implement them randomly wearing it themselves, not too sure though.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mistress Elizabeth

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
You are forgetting the most important issue with patches: User stupidity.
Never underestimate the inability of a randomly selected player to correctly unzip and overwrite files, no matter how clear the instructions are. For the dev, this will result in countless identical "support requests" and a lot of frustration.
Even turning it into a self-extracting archive won't help because then there will be issues with antivirus software.
Sad, but true :HideThePain:

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it :)

What do you mean by "custom" animations? If it's something like real-time control of your character or extensive outfit customisation, it wouldn't be possible in this engine.

On fetishes, most of YU will stay pretty vanilla. There's already some spanking, exhibitionism, a little public sex, a little roleplay, and some group stuff. Later updates will add some anal and some strap-on (I'll try to keep both optional). Feel free to suggest others and I'll at least consider it, but like I said, will mostly stay pretty vanilla.

They... don't have the same nipples? I made sure to tweak all of them to have some variety, whilst trying to remain realistic. Just out of curiosity, are you playing on Android? Maybe it's harder to see on a smaller screen. Or maybe they're just not as varied as I'd hoped!

Fair enough on the UI, it's the first time I've ever made one! Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for playing!
Custom animations - animations that the developer makes his own, with NEO Studio and mods in it, rather than using the standard animation engine HS.

Fetishes... Maybe fisting (not hardcore with BDSM, just for a girl who wants to feel something big in herself), peeping?

I play on the pc.

Yes, the nipples are a different color, depending on the color of the skin, and vary slightly in size, but overall they are pretty much the same. Maybe I'm just being picky after playing other major HS engine games :D

I'll try to find time and offer my UI, maybe it will give you some ideas =)

chekkingames

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Sad, but true :HideThePain:

Custom animations - animations that the developer makes his own, with NEO Studio and mods in it, rather than using the standard animation engine HS.

Fetishes... Maybe fisting (not hardcore with BDSM, just for a girl who wants to feel something big in herself), peeping?

I play on the pc.

Yes, the nipples are a different color, depending on the color of the skin, and vary slightly in size, but overall they are pretty much the same. Maybe I'm just being picky after playing other major HS engine games :D

I'll try to find time and offer my UI, maybe it will give you some ideas =)
Custom made animations are well beyond my ability at this point. Remember this is my first game, and I don't have a lot of experience before this. I was just happy to be able to add any animations at all!

I customised the nipples about as much as HS allows whilst still aiming to be realistic - they have different textures, sizes, areolas... I suppose it's a matter of taste though, and my own preferences might show a little. If I ever make another game (or add any more side characters), I'll keep it in mind!

Let me know if you have any UI suggestions :)

Cheers!

Franka

May 5, 2018
Great new update! I really appreciate always being given multiple choices, even though that must make the workload so much bigger. Other games would have each variation as a new scene, but I'm happy to be able to skip stuff that's not really for my tastes (I give everything at least one read though). Also, very cool to have a different flavor in another playthrough, even if I'll probably go for my favorites.

As always, looking forward to more.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes