RPGM - Completed - Zefira [v1.01] [Mousou Endemic/Kagura Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

ErnestoQSP

Another one of the games that dragged me down the rabbit hole of ntr games. Now, of course, I rarely go into it. The art is average, I like only the maid branch from the branches, rpg elements seem to fall off just to tighten the game. But there are still good scenes for which I advise you to play.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Spinxas

Average game. The story is predictable, where the player can select different paths and get different endings. CGs and art is quite good, but at some scenes feels lacking. The game forces a lot of combat even when it's not necessary, which then makes the character strong, but feels like the game just forced to grind, which can result in good endings without even trying to go for them.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

Another game that I finished a while ago, but haven't put the review up. After finishing Crypt Tear, it comes off as underwhelming as I re-read my notes.

Pros
    • Calming music in the main town and even in forest areas
    • Item drop rate is super high
    • Leveling up is easier early game
    • You can choose to avoid the NTR by continuing the guild quests and playing the game like a normal RPG
    • Get rich quick scheme from going with the asshole guide member or becoming a slut for the rich merchant in the town is for the hentai scenes specifically
    • Don’t need to achieve any hentai scene to unlock all the bad scenarios
    • Good ending is achieved by saving money from your missions and purchasing items to help your husband
    • Game has a good skill grid
    • Very easy to craft busted items
    Cons
    • Some maps are reused from Tina the Swordswoman
    • No matter how high level you are, enemies will chase after you including LV 1 ones that die in one-hit.
    • It’s not hard at all to get the good ending despite the narrative saying otherwise.
    • You can finish the game without opening up all the areas available. I got the best ending at B rank
    • You need at least 5 days for the gloomy merchant to sell all the items to you meaning it's easy grinding
    • Enemies aren’t a challenge despite the narrative making it seem like Zefira is weak
    • You can get a good ending without knowing the full story of the world.
    • Game punishes you for cheating (and for good reasons) but most of the hentai is locked to that
    • Game is very short
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Diconica

Graphics are ok for the type they are.
    That said there really isn't to much most your time in the game is spent fighting. That around 99% of the game honestly.
    The story the general premise doesn't make a bad story.
    My issues with it is the plot holes created by the author failing to address the way people most often react. If they made more of an effort to build up each path with each lover as the author calls it( to clarify they are all rapist under the law) then it might have came off better. But that would required them creating more art work to support that.
    That still wouldn't have cleared up the issues with his reaction.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

Alright, I've played Zefira and it is time for a review.

Disclaimer: I only finished 1 of the routes.

Zefira is your run of the mill type of NTR game, coupled with what is not all that great writing and neither is the art all that amazing. The story bends itself over backwards to get the heroine (MC) to actually follow up on the NTR. It must, however, be stated that I'm not overly fond of NTR - but if I was then I'd probably want it to have a believable story.

In terms of story, Zefira is the supposedly devoted wife of the no-face guy that you see on the picture. In fact she is so devoted that she will bend over for practically anything that will make him happy - even if that means she takes a dick for it. You could argue that because the game has a route that allows you to avoid NTR, then she could just do that. That is correct, what I'm pointing out is that her reasoning is kinda jumbled, and it would be really interesting if you were offered a way to speak to your husband about the sexual harassment.

NTR as it is, the husband is of course a largely blank slate which makes it so much more uninteresting. There is no remorse for the actions you take - neither any happiness as you attempt to provide the best for your loved one. Indeed, the husband doesn't even have a face and you only sleep with him once - in the beginning.

In terms of art; I've seen worse and I've seen better. The art is made up of static images with too much accompanying text for my taste.

At least the combat isn't too grindy. But really, I didn't play too many battles and I was still able to complete a bunch of quests which is a nice change of pace from many other RPGMs.

So here's a summary:

The Good
    • Serviceable H content
    • Combat was quick and not overly grindy.
    • Good translation.
    The In-between
    • The story is not amazing.
    • Possibility of avoiding NTR, and staying true to your husband
      • Unfortunately, this is not rewarding at all.
    • Pregnancy is only available as an ending scene.
    The Bad
    • Uses all the tropes of NTR
    • The husband doesn't even have a face
    • There is very little personality in the husband, and Zefira has the will power of a boiled noodle in situations where she should've been able to simply walk out - perhaps with some consequences etc.

Therefor, this game gets 3 starts - a squarely placed in the average category.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Finnally

It's a decent albeit quick game. Better writing than actual art imo. Combat system is surprisingly fleshed out and fun enough that you might even consider raising your adventurer rank it's own route if not an addition to the vanilla. There are even items that make enemies harder and bonus sidequest you can open just to prove your strength. It's got a neat quick travel system, multiple routes including a vanilla one, gallery and after story content scenes.

On to the actual hentai, As one might expect, Vanilla route has less scenes, but not necessarily less content as it plays out in a way that feels authentic for the established characters and is actually pretty nice. NTR has 3 routes based on common sub genres archetypes: the fat/ugly bastard with money/technique route, the playboy/gyaru-oh with big wang that uses coercion/trickery to seduce FeMc route , and the loser/stalker that has "always loved her"/been friends with her forever (in this case he uses hypnosis dressed up as alchemy) route. As the game is female perspective focused, it gives enough of a twist in each one to make it worth doing all 4 routes even if 3 of the 4 options are NTR. NTR is completely avoidable btw for those who care. There are no dress-up options but she does change her outfit for 1 route and the after story of another. Subsequent runs go faster thanks to New Game+ meaning there is no grinding. You can also select options with Enter and Z meaning if you're a righty you can play the game with one hand. You can also just unlock the entire gallery after 1 clear and because it plays entire scenes rather than just showing CGs or only the sex content you can get context too without the need to play.

Like I said before the artwork isn't great, and while the writing makes the game imo, it's nothing to write home about-- just classic scenarios that work given to you in RPG form for quick consumption. Someone in the thread mentioned the game feels unfinished, and while I don't completely agree as route conclusions are solid, I wouldn't be surprised if the game was planned to be bigger than it is, as unused items and mapping would hint toward.

All in all I think that it's a good run if you've got about an hour. It's a game you'd rather give a 3.5 than a 4 as it doesn't do anything spectacular, but does everything well (including combat which can be grating if not done right when all you want to do is see lewds). This isn't the one if you're looking to convince someone that hentai is art or the last thing you fap to before you donate your dick to science, but if you're into the indie eroge scene and looking for a quick game to run through this isn't a terrible choice at all.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Watters

Truthfully speaking, I'd rather give this game 3.5 stars, but that's still not a thing apparently.

This game is fairly short with 4 different routes. The sex scenes themselves aren't too varied, but they're of decent quality. Honestly, where this game stands out from most HRPG games is it's combat and looting mechanics - both of which are surprisingly fun. The boss music in particular was pretty catchy.

One of my main issues with this game is that parts of it feels...unfinished, as if it was originally meant to be a much larger game. There's map assets and NPCs that I think were meant to be part of extra quests but were never added in. Gameplay wise, you're limited to only Fire magic of the Elemental Magics, but some of the weaknesses of the enemies makes me think the Dev was going to expand the skill tree (and yes, there's a skill tree. Kind of interesting, too.)

However, this is a hentai game first and foremost and it falls a bit flat in some places. Luckily, what would lower the game's score even further is countered by having a Teleporter and the ability to unlock the entire gallery after completing the game once. I don't think you'd particularly regret playing this game, but as it stands, it's really quite average.

In case you don't feel like playing through it and just want the gallery, I'll leave my copy of 100% saves here:

8. 5.00 star(s)

NeZKyMaN

A nice surprise - every NTR fan should be happy.

+ nice line;
    + cool dialogues;
    + relatively simple mechanically, but the gameplay is satisfying;
    + PURE ROUTE option possible, you're not an NTR fan? or for some reason you want change the sad fate of heroes? no problem;
    + choices related to the NTR aspect, it is only up to us what we allow, so it is worth appreciating, because many other games of this type often do not give us such possibilities;
    + the NTR aspect is made above average, several flavors and were added to the scenes appropriate dialogues that build the atmosphere of the event;
    + yes, I've seen better sex scenes but it's hard to fault it here they are climate enough and sexy;
    + impregnation in NTR game? I'm always like that!;
    + nice music;
    + I didn't notice too much need to grind anything, I was playing smooth enough and after visiting some important place we can use teleportation is a great thing for a person who doesn't want to waste time traveling, thanks to this, the author of the game does not falsely extend its content;
    + well done endings;
    + (New Game +) unlocks additional scenes!

- to be honest, it's really hard to give me a specific minus this game, because you know that you can always give something stubborn, but it's probably not here it is because during the game nothing really bothered me.

Playing time (stand without NG+) : 2-3 hours.

Rating: 5/5
    The title has an idea for itself, which it implements well from the very beginning by introducing the player in the right mood of emotional life between the main characters. Whole the rest is just a good job, everything is in place and looks like this what it should look like.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For me it is a very good game and I do not understand it at all low ratings but, the matter of taste :rolleyes:
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Vampire

Three star only because the elf's art is decent.

Was a barebone, entry-level NTR. Feels a tad unfinished too, because there are so many NPCs and buildings around it's hard to believe you interact with them maybe once during a playthrough. The tavern, for example, was interacted with only ONCE in a route I played. Is this some kind of "standards" these devs have to meet or something to publish games?

Not to mention the variety of clothings and such items. The route I played with (the adventurer), elf wife has the same outfit from start to beginning. On the other hand, there is a glasses feature for those who has glasses fetish.

Combat was actually pretty fun, and I would say the thing that surprised me the most. Looked complicate at first, but was never made to be hard. There are a lot of interesting battle mechanics and abilities that would for sure benefit someone who is doing a pure run.

NTR on the other hand is disappointing. Elf wife fell by-the-book and the sex scenarios are very short. No exciting events or anything involving the husband from early on. Not to mention there are only three routes in this whole game, and all three combined involved at most 4-5 different NPCs. Not many characters in this game for you to work your way with.

Overall, it's ok if you're new to the genre.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

imelman

This RPGMaker MV NTR game, or more accurately, cheating, where you, the female elf, try to stay loyal to your husband trough enlightening him via gifts you have to pay for in order to let him make his novels and reveal his feelings towards you.

Or alternatively, be unloyal by working for mansion lord, trusting a fellow yet suspicious adventurer, or helping a alchemist to achieve his dream by experimenting on you.

But all of it feels...boring, like predictably boring and uncreative, since you're falling for what any real person with a sense could avoid, yet this game traps you into them. Yes, they are avoidable, but the alchemist one is the most tricky due to it being mandatory to continue the vanilla part in the first place.

When it comes to gameplay itself, its mostly standard RPGMaker fights, some specials like equipment upgrades and skill tree, however, most of it wasn't even necessary due to game itself being rather easy if you just pick everything you can take from chests, and items governing the most of your power over skills.

The game's length is just 2 hours, and it unlocks the entire gallery if you complete it, but it all felt boring, sex scenes were predictable, and the gameplay itself was nothing special. The NTR parts, which is supposed the game's main point, were rather weak, and more on point of cheating, which this game really is. No bugs or glitches from what I've seen, but its usual if the game is rather short in the first place. Aside from usual untranslated parts, like the mimic enemy you can fight, where its money stealing ability isn't translated. Which is again, shows how you can pay for a product that is claimed by the publisher to be 100% translated, yet end up not so complete. At least free ones are more forgivable for obvious reasons.

The pricetag of 12$ for 2 hours of boring breeze-trough of fights or sexual depravery to unlock some of the most boring and predictable scenes is completely unreasonable. Even on sale, it will be boring, as this game it is. Certainly not the worst, but it is clearly bad.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

LHale87

It wasn't my thing but it was pretty well done from what I played. The art for most of the characters was well done, though the only one that was actually good was Zefira's art herself. If I were to change one thing make it harder not to need to go to other options than just adventuring.