Ren'Py Abandoned Zen: A Gay Sequel [Demo] [Bob C Games]

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
1591726901636.png

Overview:
Zen: A Gay Sequel (or "ZAGS") is a gay, planner-focused, stat-based, dating sim set in college. It is the sequel to Yearning: A Gay Story ("YAGS" for short), a visual novel about being gay, coming out, and making friends. If you have not played YAGS, it is recommended you do so before playing ZAGS. However, ZAGS is a self-contained story that can be played without any prior knowledge of the characters or universe.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-06-09
Release Date: 2020-04-18
Developer: Bob C Games - -
Censored: Yes (Check 'Uncensoring Instructions' for No)
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Linux: - - - -
Android: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Extras: Uncensor Patch (all three versions):
- - - -

++Pykq.png bMiBhp.png BZVPKo.png F0KyKX.png JNV6ap.png

Last edited:

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I'm more surprised that the recent influx of gay focused games aren't furry ones. Despite not playing games with this content, it's refreshing to some extent having a change of characters and setting.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Even though the graphic style can be not of everyone's taste, YAGS is one of the best gay-themed games out there, so I'm really excited to see what ZAGS will deliver. The demo is pretty much on the line of its predecessor, so, so far so good. The recipe is the same, with different ingredients.
I think I would have preferred to follow the story of YAGS's main character, but I understand the dev's wish of exploring some fresh layout, and Carlos is a good character to do it: familiar for the players, a relative fan favourite, and yet not as central to the previous story to have enough freedom of movement.
So, crossing fingers!

bobcgames

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
Don't mind me... just popping into my game threads.

Just a general note that you can pre-order the final game on itch.io now at a discount off the final price.

I think I would have preferred to follow the story of YAGS's main character, but I understand the dev's wish of exploring some fresh layout,
Thank you for your nice words! I thought it would be weird to have a second semester with the YAGS MC where they basically went around trying to date the same characters again (because, let's face it, your social group is pretty solidified after your first semester of college), and yeah, I also just wanted to write a different perspective on the characters.

I hope the (eventual) game lives up to your expectations. :)

boogiecookie

Aug 4, 2019
Don't mind me... just popping into my game threads.

Just a general note that you can pre-order the final game on itch.io now at a discount off the final price.

Thank you for your nice words! I thought it would be weird to have a second semester with the YAGS MC where they basically went around trying to date the same characters again (because, let's face it, your social group is pretty solidified after your first semester of college), and yeah, I also just wanted to write a different perspective on the characters.

I hope the (eventual) game lives up to your expectations. :)
hi there! i started playing YAGS a couple of days ago and am still going through the routes. this is a great game. will be looking forward to ZAGS :)

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
Oh wow. I was just finishing up the last of the routes on YAGS. Good stuff right here.

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
I was thinking of preordering this because i love yags that they release few years ago so much but then i see that the romance option are the extra character from yags. nope... nope...

bobcgames

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
I was thinking of preordering this because i love yags that they release few years ago so much but then i see that the romance option are the extra character from yags. nope... nope...
It's entirely your choice to play (or not play), of course, but the romance options in ZAGS are the player character from YAGS, one of the original LIs from YAGS, a side character from YAGS, and an entirely new character.

Is your concern that the game will be too similar to the original, or that it's not similar *enough*?

ZelvanInRow

Sep 19, 2019
It's entirely your choice to play (or not play), of course, but the romance options in ZAGS are the player character from YAGS, one of the original LIs from YAGS, a side character from YAGS, and an entirely new character.

Is your concern that the game will be too similar to the original, or that it's not similar *enough*?
Oh hey, didnt know the game maker is here. My problem is not because of the gameplay itself, nope never that and neither are the story, in fact i love how you guys write your game. It was because it seems like the romance option are those 4 on the right which none interest me since there are no mention of who will be romanceable i can only assume since they seems to be highlighted in the itch.io and the screenshots in here. And seeing as we are playing as Carlos in here i was really hoping we can romance Adam cause honestly these two are my otp so its kind of dissapointing to me too. But yeah never said your game was horrible, it has a good concept like its predecessors, just none of the romance option interesting to me.

Last edited:

bobcgames

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
Hey, no worries. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. :) I'm glad you enjoyed YAGS.

boogiecookie

Aug 4, 2019
i finished YAGS last night and jumped into ZAGS this morning (i'm obssessed lol)

aww i loved seeing previous characters again (helloo James) and am so excited to 'romance' some new ones.

Dan is a hoot and i would love to see more of him.

will Adam be a secret route again? i think the besties-turned-couple trope is so sweet.

last but definitely not least, the CG scenes are so hawt! looking forward to playing the full game :)

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I'm not sold on the art style, and while sometimes it's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is that bothers me, this is not one of those times: the characters' eyes are miles too small and too far apart. It's like the artist drew perfectly normal, properly-proportioned faces, then for some weird reason selected all the eyes and reduced their size by 50%. The dude immediately to the left of the title on the banner is the worst case.

• Haha
Reactions: Fallow Milk

bobcgames

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
Dan is a hoot and i would love to see more of him.

will Adam be a secret route again? i think the besties-turned-couple trope is so sweet.
Check out YAGS: Booty Call, if you haven't, for more Dan fun.

Going to crush your dreams now instead of when the game comes out: Adam is not a route. He doesn't see Carlos that way, no matter how much Carlos (and players) might wish differently.

I'm not sold on the art style, and while sometimes it's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is that bothers me, this is not one of those times: the characters' eyes are miles too small and too far apart. It's like the artist drew perfectly normal, properly-proportioned faces, then for some weird reason selected all the eyes and reduced their size by 50%. The dude immediately to the left of the title on the banner is the worst case.
That's totally fair. My artist and I were avoiding the larger anime style eyes that are common in VNs, and he probably overcorrected (especially so on some of the characters). It's also one of those things that's not really worth fixing at this point, after one full game has already been released.

I hope you'll give the game(s) a try anyway, but I understand that visuals can make or break a game, and that this might one of those things that bothers you too much to play. :)

perles75

May 16, 2020
the eyes are something that weirds me out a bit too (it was like that also in YAGS)

bobcgames

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
I'd like to request that the game not be shared for free.

I strive to keep the majority of my work free to play and download, because I want my stories to be accessible to everyone. But ZAGS represents the biggest time, as well as money, investment I've ever made in a game, so I would appreciate it if everyone who wants to play it would pay for it, to help me keep producing games in the future.

There's a free demo you can download (with three uncensorable CGs), and the game will go on sale sporadically and may be part of discounted bundles in the future.

Mellisfiscant

Aug 15, 2022
View attachment 687296

Overview:
Zen: A Gay Sequel (or "ZAGS") is a gay, planner-focused, stat-based, dating sim set in college. It is the sequel to Yearning: A Gay Story ("YAGS" for short), a visual novel about being gay, coming out, and making friends. If you have not played YAGS, it is recommended you do so before playing ZAGS. However, ZAGS is a self-contained story that can be played without any prior knowledge of the characters or universe.

Thread Updated: 2020-06-09
Release Date: 2020-04-18
Developer: Bob C Games - -
Censored: Yes (Check 'Uncensoring Instructions' for No)
Version: Demo
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - -
Linux: - MEGA - - -
Android: - MEGA - - -
Mac: - MEGA - - -

Extras: Uncensor Patch (all three versions):
- MEGA - - -

View attachment 687336 View attachment 687337 View attachment 687339 View attachment 687340 View attachment 687343
I can't find the file