RPGM Zombie's Retreat 2: Gridlocked [v0.17.1 Beta] [Siren's Domain]

3.50 star(s) 20 Votes

tuuri

Oct 8, 2017
Bruh theres like 5 zombie survival rpgmaker games with this exact artstyle
Is this the same dev dropping projects or just everyone commissioning the same artist

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
Bruh theres like 5 zombie survival rpgmaker games with this exact artstyle
Is this the same dev dropping projects or just everyone commissioning the same artist
I know I'm doing a bad thing by humoring somebody that can't even be arsed to do a little research and therefore encouraging stupidity but I'll do it anyway:

There's 3 games about zombie survival with this artstyle:

First was Nergal, who made 'A Zombie's Life' and comissioned ScarlettAnn. That game was abandoned for a while due to personal issues on the Devs end, they dropped a few other projects and, several years later, they came back and 'finished' A Zombie's Life. It is still incredibly buggy and doesn't work properly.

In the meantime, Siren thought the idea had merit and, since Nergal had dissapeared off the face of the earth, hired the same artist for a comparable game. This game was zombie's Retreat. Which they finished. This was before Nergal came back but the finishing happened slightly after Nergal came back.

Siren eventually finished Zombie's Retreat, completely and then started Zombie's Retreat 2. You might have figured this was the continuation of a previous game if you had bothered to open your eyes and read the title of the thread or the description of the game in the opening credits instead of immediately typing out every thought to come to the fore of your head. (Don't be offended, you cleary didn't put a lot of thought into this.)

As far as I know, there aren't any other Zombie survival games with ScarlettAnn as the artist beside these three, so I have no idea where you're getting that 5 number. Though ScarlettAnn has made art for other games, they're not Zombie games as far as I know. It might just be that you saw Zombie's retreat getting updates and your brain has issues with the concept of iterative updates and thought those were all different games?

TL;DR:
3 games with a similar artstyle, same artist: ScarletAnn
Nergal is the dev dropping projects:a zombie's Life. Which was dropped by someone else before Nergal picked it up.
Siren made ZR 1, finished it and you're now in the thread of a game by Siren with the same name with a 2 after it.

Hopefully that answers your question. (But honestly, this has been explained a few times over the course the thread as well, so just doing a search (upper right) would have given you this info too)

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Nergal is the dev dropping projects:a zombie's Life. Which was dropped by someone else before Nergal picked it up.
Not quiet correct... Nergal put the game on ifinite hiatus for some time, which made Siren's Domain sad enough to start his own Fan remake, after some releases Nergal reappeared and put a "finishing touch" to a "Zombie's Life" (quiet buggy as you previously mentioned), which caused Siren's Domain to change plans slightly and lead to the current "Zombie's Retreat" (1).
I think "Zombie' Retreat 2" is more according to what Siren had innitially planned for his Fan remake, which he started after being severly disappointed with the finished game of "A Zombie's Life".

Also I am not sure how many Zombie survival game did host ScarletAnn art in the past, until "Zombie's Retreat" (1) all games hosting her as an artist were abondened incomplete... people even started to call it a curse of hers.

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
No, you're right. I was thinking of Nergal's other game (Urban Demons) for that comment, which had a similar development curve but was (I think) co-developed with someone else initially. (?) Which he also put on indefinte hiatus and also came back to complete later (and was also still very buggy but less so than AZL)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No, you're right. I was thinking of Nergal's other game (Urban Demons) for that comment, which had a similar development curve but was (I think) co-developed with someone else initially. (?) Which he also put on indefinte hiatus and also came back to complete later (and was also still very buggy but less so than AZL)
It was a remake of an abondened game... I think the original title was Life x Demon or something like that.
He switched artists to Glassfish and developed it along AZL, than switched to Urban X Demon while putting AZL on hold and after nearly completing it he started to develope Solarion Project as a side project that took more Dev time than Urban x Demons... Urban X Demon however wasn't put on hold but actually finished... it just took more time as his new project received higher priority... shortly after finishing Urban x Demons Nergal "finished" AZL.
...If I am not mistaken Nergal also developes 2 projects side by side right now

Reactions: Addictions

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Almost 1 year, almost no sexual content, and a lot of pointless grinding. How nice.

Jeezuz... I really liked the first game, but I felt that the Author was really stretching our patience in the last months of its development. NOW I REALLY feel that this Siren dude is the New King of F95 Patreon Funded Milkers.

You're outshaming Lewdlab & Co., pal.

Reactions: Grimmiger

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Almost 1 year, almost no sexual content, and a lot of pointless grinding. How nice.

Jeezuz... I really liked the first game, but I felt that the Author was really stretching our patience in the last months of its development. NOW I REALLY feel that this Siren dude is the New King of F95 Patreon Funded Milkers.

You should pay another Visit to the Milfy City Thread if you want to right your scale for King of Milkers

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018

Why is it that those who likely pay nothing complain how they are being ripped off the most. If you are looking at this game in a vacuum that I could see how it would appear that progress has been slow. However this dev has been working on 3 games at the same time. Progress is always being made on at least one of them.

Also you don't find many devs you interact more with their patrons (via discord) than Siren. Now you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But I sincerely hope your decision to label him as a "Patreon Funded Milkers" was not made in the spur of the moment, but after seeing how active this dev really is. If it was then your claims are justified. But if they were not, then maybe you should think before you raise the pitchfork.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
However this dev has been working on 3 games at the same time. Progress is always being made on at least one of them.
3 games with all girls being identical except for a palette swap, scenarios being the same across all.
That seems way more like patreon scam than just slow progress on one game.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
3 games with all girls being identical except for a palette swap, scenarios being the same across all.
That seems way more like patreon scam than just slow progress on one game.
Siren does not create any of the art for his games. He has an entire team that he works with. Obviously he can only go so far if the assests are not ready. That is the main reason Zombie Retreat 2 had to have an extended delay.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You should pay another Visit to the Milfy City Thread if you want to right your scale for King of Milkers
There are quite a few differences between milkers, liars and scammers.

This Siren dude is a just a milker. That Milfy City guy is a liar and a scammer.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Why is it that those who likely pay nothing complain how they are being ripped off the most. If you are looking at this game in a vacuum that I could see how it would appear that progress has been slow. However this dev has been working on 3 games at the same time. Progress is always being made on at least one of them.

Also you don't find many devs you interact more with their patrons (via discord) than Siren. Now you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But I sincerely hope your decision to label him as a "Patreon Funded Milkers" was not made in the spur of the moment, but after seeing how active this dev really is. If it was then your claims are justified. But if they were not, then maybe you should think before you raise the pitchfork.
Oh, the same old shitty statement I've been reading since... some people started defending Devs who kept cashing in without delivering (almost) anything.

What is this shitty statement? "you don't pay, therefore you don't have any rights to criticize". So lame. Almost pathetic.

Let me tell you this: THIS IS A PIRATE FORUM.

Anyway, that wasn't the spur of the moment, no. I've thought that since Zombie's Retreat - the first game - 0.12-0.13 came out (more or less).

----

Addendum:

you know what? you're really annoying me, you know. Why? because you totally overlooked what MY POINT IS.

MY POINT IS that this game

- has almost NO content after 1 year
- has almost NO SEX CONTENT
- is grindy as hell
- is boring
- is a shabby copycat
- isn't funny at all

RIGHT NOW.

So, what I really want to say is: don't waste your time downloading it NOW.

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Oh, the same old shitty statement I've been reading since... some people started defending Devs who kept cashing in without delivering (almost) anything.

What is this shitty statement? "you don't pay, therefore you don't have any rights to criticize". So lame. Almost pathetic.

Let me tell you this: THIS IS A PIRATE FORUM.

Anyway, that wasn't the spur of the moment, no. I've thought that since Zombie's Retreat - the first game - 0.12-0.13 came out (more or less).
I did not say you don't have the right to criticize. If you have some kind of context then as I said your claims are justified. I may not agree with what your opinion is but I do acknowledge you have a right to criticism. I was trying to disparage claims made out of ignorance. It is not uncommon around here for people to scream and complain as the first instinct. Rather than make an informed decision.

Addendum:

you know what? you're really annoying me, you know. Why? because you totally overlooked what MY POINT IS.

MY POINT IS that this game

- has almost NO content after 1 year
- has almost NO SEX CONTENT
- is grindy as hell
- is boring
- is a shabby copycat
- isn't funny at all

RIGHT NOW.

So, what I really want to say is: don't waste your time downloading it NOW.
I did not overlook your point. Your claims are valid per your perspective. Now I do disagree with what you claim, but that does not belittle or diminish your opinion.

Last edited:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
I've seen many slowly blinking wooden boxes. How can I access them? Or will that be revealed in a future update?

3.50 star(s) 20 Votes