parqueo

Jan 21, 2019
Sad, I'm dying to see mom again and I dream that Mc sticks his cock in all her holes and fucks his sisters in all their holes too, but we'll have to wait a long time for Mc to give us that dream.

AKeller

Sep 9, 2022
I could be wrong, but from what I understand the dev is not willing to progress the story with the mom, which is what many of his supporters want, until he gets over 250 patron subscribers.
If so, that's very odd from my point of view. You don't want to progress the game - just don't do it, instead of hiding behind the least rational reason I could think of "If 250 people don't give me THEIR money, then I won't be progressing with MY game".
It's in the dev's best interest to provide as much content and somehow attract people to their project. This is like asking for a pay raise and saying that you won't move a finger before you get the raise... You're basically asking to get fired.

_Darkmage_

Dec 6, 2019
If so, that's very odd from my point of view. You don't want to progress the game - just don't do it, instead of hiding behind the least rational reason I could think of "If 250 people don't give me THEIR money, then I won't be progressing with MY game".
It's in the dev's best interest to provide as much content and somehow attract people to their project. This is like asking for a pay raise and saying that you won't move a finger before you get the raise... You're basically asking to get fired.
Not really. If all the people that subscribed only for Sofia and then unsubscribed previously, suddenly re-subscribed, we would have over 500 subscribers. They know who they are, but they would rather give their money to high-rollers for no update - who I assume are laughing. So this temporary increase is not real growth, so we need actual loyal subscribers, then we might look for bonus subscribers on top of that with new Sofia content. (Some of which has been made already and being sat on...)

AKeller

Sep 9, 2022
Not really. If all the people that subscribed only for Sofia and then unsubscribed previously, suddenly re-subscribed, we would have over 500 subscribers. They know who they are, but they would rather give their money to high-rollers for no update - who I assume are laughing. So this temporary increase is not real growth, so we need actual loyal subscribers, then we might look for bonus subscribers on top of that with new Sofia content. (Some of which has been made already and being sat on...)
I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that, but I am certain that you did not get my point.
You need to bear in mind, that you are not selling an already completed game. What you're doing is selling a premise, a possibility of providing content that some want to see, with an absolute lack of guarantee.

Having this in mind, creating a pricetag (the subscribers count) for merely a premise is an absurd. As mentioned in my previous message, you're not gonna move in the direction your crowd want to, before your price tag is satisfied. But even once this price has been met, what people will get is a premise (no surprise). You might do it, you might not. This game might not even reach the end, might get abandonded next month, yet you're setting a pricetag for a PREMISE.

Patreon should provide you with support and encouragement to carry on with your hobby (I assume that making the game is a hobby). And what you're doing is setting a pricetag on your hobby. There's nothing wrong with monetizing your project, but here is a quick fact check: what happens if you don't reach 250 subcribers? People are never gonna get what they supported you for? This is some low-level manipulation.

_Darkmage_

Dec 6, 2019
I'm not entirely sure what you meant by that, but I am certain that you did not get my point.
You need to bear in mind, that you are not selling an already completed game. What you're doing is selling a premise, a possibility of providing content that some want to see, with an absolute lack of guarantee.

Having this in mind, creating a pricetag (the subscribers count) for merely a premise is an absurd. As mentioned in my previous message, you're not gonna move in the direction your crowd want to, before your price tag is satisfied. But even once this price has been met, what people will get is a premise (no surprise). You might do it, you might not. This game might not even reach the end, might get abandoned next month, yet you're setting a pricetag for a PREMISE.

Patreon should provide you with support and encouragement to carry on with your hobby (I assume that making the game is a hobby). And what you're doing is setting a pricetag on your hobby. There's nothing wrong with monetizing your project, but here is a quick fact check: what happens if you don't reach 250 subscribers? People are never gonna get what they supported you for? This is some low-level manipulation.
While you do have a valid point, other creators are making thousands per month on a premise, when their updates are few and far between. We need to try to reach more people who may not be aware of the game or its new content. Like I said, the Sofia stuff is being built up for a big reward. So while Sofia subscribers are waiting in the wings, we know where they are and what will bring them back. But we are focusing on new fans just now. This is definitely no side hobby for us.

Reactions: Shifty_9

DevilsPlay

Jan 22, 2021
While you do have a valid point, other creators are making thousands per month on a premise, when their updates are few and far between. We need to try to reach more people who may not be aware of the game or its new content. Like I said, the Sofia stuff is being built up for a big reward. So while Sofia subscribers are waiting in the wings, we know where they are and what will bring them back. But we are focusing on new fans just now. This is definitely no side hobby for us.
Forget Sofia, we need Kara updates

She the best in the lot

gordovalor

May 9, 2022
The game isnt even that popular and yet he wants to protect it so bad, barely even got any exposure. I can smell this dev wont go far in the future
When a game isn't available publicly within a reasonable time, I stop paying attention to it until it's finished and fully released.

Reactions: JiggyliFAP
2.30 star(s) 54 Votes