How do I send a dm?

coolnick

Aug 19, 2023
Interesting. I was thinking of sending a DM this as well. But then you need 5 post, it's very off-putting.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Interesting. I was thinking of sending a DM this as well. But then you need 5 post, it's very off-putting.
And it's why it exist.

It's a not visible part of popular forums, but there's people who try to be smart and, instead of spam posting by starting thread in all parts of the forum, are spam PMing members.
It's more insidious, because invisible from the moderation until someone complain about a PM he received. Yet it's as annoying for the members who receive such PM. Reason why there's a post limit before one can send one.

Reactions: coolnick

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
This is why I don't answer PMs sent by people with less than ten recorded posts. I don't appreciate being spammed.
I might increase this to 15 sometime.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolnick

coolnick

Aug 19, 2023
And it's why it exist.

It's a not visible part of popular forums, but there's people who try to be smart and, instead of spam posting by starting thread in all parts of the forum, are spam PMing members.
It's more insidious, because invisible from the moderation until someone complain about a PM he received. Yet it's as annoying for the members who receive such PM. Reason why there's a post limit before one can send one.
Guess I'm too used to Private Torrents, guess there is no such thing as guarantee from invitation in a public forum, and ratios to differentiate from real annoying person and spambots.