Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just finished rewatching Somnambula, which is the string of events Sekai's name is finally revealed and my god. What a ride.

So I'm not an expert on Ami, therefore most of this is new to me. But as she tries to read one of Sekai's poems, she breaks for a few seconds. Then when riding the bus back home something takes hold of her, and she keeps saying she sees the light, and that they're being tested to see if they're worth of heaven, and asking if Akira believes in god. All very HOPE things to say.

BUT!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So let's recap: All this happens in the last stretch of Winter, during chapter 2. Also, the context of this sequence is that Kaori got lost in the old district and went to Tojo's with Akira. She started fighting a lot with Tsuneyo and when a blackout happened she disappeared. The very next day, Sekai appears to wake Akira (but it's just Ami wearing her clothes - she reveals that she went into the attic and opened her boxes). When Akira and Ami visit Sekai's grave, Sekai not only appears but her name is revealed (and she leaves saying she had shit to do).

Then Ami goes on a date with Akira and after breaking for a few second from reading Sekai's poems (and Sekai saying she had shit to do), Ami suffers the influence of something that talks about heaven, light and HOPE stuff, but IS NOT HOPE. Well, what is it? Cause its intentions seem to have Akira become a King in its place, or at least live in a world post-resets with her.

Last edited:

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Does Seb have a direct donation paypal or something or if I want to give him 100 bucks do I just need to subscribestar then cancel? I threw him some bones before when I thought the game was nuked from orbit, but after playing catch up, dude deserves more of my money. Got more fun out his vn than most triple A games and shit's only 4/10th done apparently.

Plus I need to send a message about how much I love this game and how he needs to send my waifu back asap. My little heart cant take it.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
This is such a specific question I'm gonna go straight to you DeSkel15, during The Light of Last Summer, which is the reset to bring summer back at the end of chapter 2, HOPE says this to Akira:

If HOPE wants something that Wires gave Akira during this current Winter, there's really not a lot. If it isn't, then Maya, Yumi, maybe even Kaori? I don't see how Wires would have given him Kaori or Yumi though. Maybe Maya if Maya was given to him a million years ago and HOPE's just revealing it now. But he has AmIOkay, which is basically like Maya or the actual Maya, I need help.

Maybe it's less a person, and more that Wires helped restore his memories (if that's what happened at all)? A wild answer would be Himawari - but I don't think those hold either.

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Just finished rewatching Somnambula, which is the string of events Sekai's name is finally revealed and my god. What a ride.

So I'm not an expert on Ami, therefore most of this is new to me. But as she tries to read one of Sekai's poems, she breaks for a few seconds. Then when riding the bus back home something takes hold of her, and she keeps saying she sees the light, and that they're being tested to see if they're worth of heaven, and asking if Akira believes in god. All very HOPE things to say.

BUT!

So let's recap: All this happens in the last stretch of Winter, during chapter 2. Also, the context of this sequence is that Kaori got lost in the old district and went to Tojo's with Akira. She started fighting a lot with Tsuneyo and when a blackout happened she disappeared. The very next day, Sekai appears to wake Akira (but it's just Ami wearing her clothes - she reveals that she went into the attic and opened her boxes). When Akira and Ami visit Sekai's grave, Sekai not only appears but her name is revealed (and she leaves saying she had shit to do).

Then Ami goes on a date with Akira and after breaking for a few second from reading Sekai's poems (and Sekai saying she had shit to do), Ami suffers the influence of something that talks about heaven, light and HOPE stuff, but IS NOT HOPE. Well, what is it? Cause its intentions seem to have Akira become a King in its place, or at least live in a world post-resets with her.
Did Ami just turn into a biblically accurate angel?

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Did Ami just turn into a biblically accurate angel?
Meh. The eyes should be on spinning wheels then.

I'm more interested in what God she believes in. I don't think she ever mentions Jesus Christ, I know for sure some characters use his name, for example "Jesus!", when they're suddenly scared, but not in common situations.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
There is already a game wit canon accurate angels anyway. So if he would do that, HE would be the one stealing. You know, the thing he made a big deal out of it just an update ago.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This is such a specific question I'm gonna go straight to you DeSkel15, during The Light of Last Summer, which is the reset to bring summer back at the end of chapter 2, HOPE says this to Akira:

If HOPE wants something that Wires gave Akira during this current Winter, there's really not a lot. If it isn't, then Maya, Yumi, maybe even Kaori? I don't see how Wires would have given him Kaori or Yumi though. Maybe Maya if Maya was given to him a million years ago and HOPE's just revealing it now. But he has AmIOkay, which is basically like Maya or the actual Maya, I need help.

Maybe it's less a person, and more that Wires helped restore his memories (if that's what happened at all)? A wild answer would be Himawari - but I don't think those hold either.
It's not clear, but it seems to involve Visual abilities.

It was said that the Calm god could alter Visuals while the Callous could not:
In the 'There is Nothing' Chapter 1 Main Event. (2nd Reset)

In the 'Word of the Day' Chapter 2 Main Event (3rd Reset), The Calm god/USER2 notes it can guide Sensei's vision:

This may even refer to things such as viewing past memories as Sensei later does, when he watches the memory of the first night he and Niki kissed which seemed thanks to USER2/Calm:
In the Chapter 2 'Spotless Mind' Main Event.

During the Chapter 2 'The Light of Last Summer' Main Event, HOPE refers to Sensei's eyes, and seems to want to know what he sees:
In the Main Event afterwards, 'A Life of Prizes' (4th Reset), HOPE/Callous seems to make it clear it wants to see through Sensei's eyes and will give everything he wants for it:

This also seems to fit how Yasu worships and supports her god by blindfolding herself and seemingly giving up her vision and memories to it. Not to mention how HOPE and Yasu's god seem to have a theme of many eyes. Of course, Sensei/Us can apparently only see two on HOPE:
According to the 'Trinity Pt. II: Hell is Empty' Happy Event.

In Theory, HOPE wants this so that He can fix Sensei and everything:
At least, that seems implied by Chapter 2's 'Lavender's Blue' Main Event.

Edit: The Cap wearing silhouette hasn't been explained but could be symbolizing someone Sensei knew, or possibly even Sensei when he blacks out. He used to black out on Maya even before the Resets, so it could simply be HOPE's attempt at returning memories to Sensei.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I don't think you can "creatively claim/steal" a biblically accurate angel. Besides, archangels, for example, do look like real humans, not like eye-wheels.
He has whined so much about people stealing his ideas that he basically nuked the fourth wall into orbit, that i would call it stealing anyway without even a second hesitation. Like granny always said, act like a little bitch and you get treated like a little bitch.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm kind of glad that Yasu made it clear she didn't plan on becoming one of those dangerous kind of Angels:

Just the kind that makes what Molly calls Yasu:
Rather fitting. Of course, we can't forget:
The Underheaven Angel in Training has spoken.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
I'm kind of glad that Yasu made it clear she didn't plan on becoming one of those dangerous kind of Angels:

Just the kind that makes what Molly calls Yasu:
Rather fitting. Of course, we can't forget:
The Underheaven Angel in Training has spoken.
I have to say, that smile on Yasu's face. Idk, something creepy about it. It's just off putting. Scares the shit outta me.

grnyhllck

May 7, 2024
Why all japanese games about someone studying something or finish studying or going to collage? İs there no blue collar in jspsn lel

4.20 star(s) 294 Votes