• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Aug 9, 2018
All of this is true. Rae never really delivered on her full potential.

Also, I would say that Lyriel seems like a girl who will be totally into, and loyal and dedicated to, the MC. Whereas with Rae... she is kind of shady and it's always pretty clear she is keeping things from the MC, has her own agenda - who knows what she is up to. For a lot of guys that is not a good look for a potential LI to have.
I think this again is a side effect of how subtle Rae's relationship with MC has been.

For example, this is pretty huge when it comes to judging Rae, but in the conversation where she reveals she would lose her magic if she stayed in the human world, she only even considers staying if she has a high relationship with MC. I didn't even realize it was dependent on that until I replayed specifically to see if Love Points changed anything in the game.

That's a big deal- no matter how much she loves Earth culture, she will only give up her powers for you. Theoretically.

Just having that bond be made more explicit would be much appreciated at this point in the game, I think.

darkhentai

Oct 25, 2017
I thought update 0.7.8 public would be released today...I couldn't wait to see Blair's new costume and his debut in the lounge...but I only realized now that the public release that should be out today it will be 0.7.6...I'm sad, we'll have to wait another 2 months...still happy for the new content for blair..

Reactions: The Black Cat

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
All of this is true. Rae never really delivered on her full potential.

Also, I would say that Lyriel seems like a girl who will be totally into, and loyal and dedicated to, the MC. Whereas with Rae... she is kind of shady and it's always pretty clear she is keeping things from the MC, has her own agenda - who knows what she is up to. For a lot of guys that is not a good look for a potential LI to have.
screenshot0045.png screenshot0046.png screenshot0048.png screenshot0050.png screenshot0051.png

Reactions: Lord Grim

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, folks!

Just updated the links in the OP with the latest free release - 0.7.6.

Haven't been to here for a while now, but we're done with most of the Anniversary bonus stuff and the rest doesn't really depend on me, so I'll try to check in at least semi-regularly. Until we decide to do something new and very work-intensive again, that is.

I see the link to the House in the UE was already posted, there's an updated version of it coming with more options for graphics. We tested this new version with low setting on GTX 1660 and it was running decently.

Not sure if I'm going to go through earlier posts, there's a bit too much there, but if you have any questions or anything, tag me, and I'll try to reply!

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Jun 27, 2019
Hey, folks!

Haven't been to here for a while now, but we're done with most of the Anniversary bonus stuff and the rest doesn't really depend on me, so I'll try to check in at least semi-regularly. Until we decide to do something new and very work-intensive again, that is.

I see the link to the House in the UE was already posted, there's an updated version of it coming with more options for graphics. We tested this new version with low setting on GTX 1660 and it was running decently.

Not sure if I'm going to go through earlier posts, there's a bit too much there, but if you have any questions or anything, tag me, and I'll try to reply!
Could you also update the date, please? I'm keeping track of this game and like to have everything in order :coffee::geek:

Reactions: ZanithOne

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Hey, folks!

Thank you for making A House in the Unreal Engine, it answered a lot of questions I had about the layout of the house. Now that I've seen it though, and noticed the layout of the grounds, will we ever be able to keep our promise to Liri to provide her with a view for her bedroom window? I was thinking something like a small walled garden.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Could you also update the date, please? I'm keeping track of this game and like to have everything in order :coffee::geek:
Done! Thanks, totally forgot about it.

Neither our guy or Rae remember that we did try going back to the park previously, when we first visited our world back in chapter 11.
:unsure: I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a check there, but there isn't. Weird. Will fix.

In the evening right after the last event with Naomi and Cait, Yona is showing on the map as being by the pool, but she isn't actually there. I'm guessing that the schedule would have had her and Cait there together, but Cait is in the library with Naomi right now and it doesn't know what to do with Yona.
Will check, thanks!

Naomi's night event triggers if we are sleeping with Lyriel in her room. Presumably also an issue if we are sleeping with Rae too? Haven't tested that. Also there is no music during it? Or during Naomi's event in the garden?
Oh, right, will add another condition.

I think that the phone app would look better if there was an extra bit pf padding below the buttons:
The phone is overdue for a full redesign, we'll start working on it this summer most likely.

Thank you for making A House in the Unreal Engine, it answered a lot of questions I had about the layout of the house. Now that I've seen it though, and noticed the layout of the grounds, will we ever be able to keep our promise to Liri to provide her with a view for her bedroom window? I was thinking something like a small walled garden.
You're welcome! As for the view from Lyriel's room... perhaps. :sneaky:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
is there any way to get the artbooks anymore?

edit - I'll even pay directly
The very first one is now available on Itch here -

And we recently added an archive of past special offers to our Resident tier on Patreon. There's only one artbook there ATM, but we'll be adding more artbooks in the future. Generally a year after they were on as a limited time offer.

Green Layer

Aug 8, 2020
M just waiting for more Cait content at this point. haven't played since the last visit to university where you get caught before getting spicy with another girl there... ( waiting for the updates to stack up for more gameplay hours )

Did we get to finish line for that quest or is it still pending / WIP?

TideT

Jul 4, 2018
Hey, folks!

Hey Zanith. The game has been great so far, really enjoying it. It has been going for a few years now so I have to ask, how close to the end do you think we are? It definitely seems like we're getting there with the recent developments with strings breaking etc.

jaq847

Oct 17, 2020
Tomorrow I'll try the new update, but I HAVE to ask something...and it's not about the game but the update. The program update. Is it possible to change the icon that appears once the update is complete? That ! in a yellow triangle ALWAYS SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF ME. That's all. Lyriel best girl. I'm out.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I really like this game but i feel like this game is starting to run its course and it keeps dragging on for far too long now, really needs a conclusion imo.
It seems like the dev figured out it would be more profitable to just trickle out 10 minute updates for the next few years and keep collecting Patreon checks, rather than finishing the game at the former pace and having to come up with a whole new game idea.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Kinda sounds like you're not paying attention to the various story threads then. Things are only really heating up
I just gave my opinion, it's been dragging for a long time for a game that started in 2019 and you dont have to agree with me, like i said, i still like the game.

starkj

May 17, 2022
It seems like the dev figured out it would be more profitable to just trickle out 10 minute updates for the next few years and keep collecting Patreon checks, rather than finishing the game at the former pace and having to come up with a whole new game idea.
Seems like a lot of devs do this, they are afraid to finish their current game and that their next game isnt as good and people won't pay for it anymore.

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
Im very happy to see more BLAIR content in both free 0.7.6 version and the 0.7.8 premium version.
I see dev keep developing the new character in the story.
And thats great.
Nothing like a thick curvy meaty chick on a game like this.

Now this story needs a little annoying fairie/pixie in the story!
Someone who can blow RAE patience and putting others in the limit...
: D

master_3.png

• Red Heart
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes