Sinthia

Aug 18, 2017
I know, right?

View attachment 3630255

Looks literally black. It's not like there's caucasian brunettes in rl or anything.
It's almost as if this game was created by a black woman for representation for other black women. It's also almost as if there's not a million other games on this website that cater to white women or have representation of/for them that black women don't have. It's okay to not be included all the time. Hell, as a black woman it's hard to find games like this that have representation for me but am I complaining? No.

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
On an unrelated note, a fun fact: this game has nearly 20 variants of audio files for the stalker's phone calls, to cover a range of potential MC names... but it doesn't have a set for the default MC name (Jemma) It's like... you've spent all this extra work on it, how would you ever miss something this obvious? ._.
It's because those names were a paid thing. You needed to be a certain tier (iirc) and write in for your name choice and how to pronounce it. I guess having the default name voiced would be too much of a freebie lol.

Yes, I did put in for a voiced name. T.T

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's almost as if this game was created by a black woman for representation for other black women. It's also almost as if there's not a million other games on this website that cater to white women or have representation of/for them that black women don't have. It's okay to not be included all the time. Hell, as a black woman it's hard to find games like this that have representation for me but am I complaining? No.
Ultra-noob decides that he can play edgelord because his parents aren't home?

Find another bridge, noob.

Reactions: Azeroth67000

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There are so many characters who have content that looks nowhere close to being done. I can't see most storylines/character routes being wrapped up satisfactory with only one chapter remaining
Sadly, yes. I fear it might end up with typical VN device, where a relationship is started at the very end of the game, effectively as epilogue. Which can be fine (if irritating) in some cases, but it'd feel pretty off (and lacking) when other pairings have had sex throughout.

coconuts01

Jan 23, 2022
There are so many characters who have content that looks nowhere close to being done. I can't see most storylines/character routes being wrapped up satisfactory with only one chapter remaining
Me neither tbh. Especially when apparently half the characters didn't even appear in this update, and a few routes haven't even really begun at all (though I guess some of those have probably been shelved). But even the ones who are further along and have content look nowhere done. Of those I've played, I'd say only Jace, Demi, and potentially Jay currently have a natural progression that could lead to a somewhat satisfying ending. The others would probably feel rushed, and that's if they have a proper ending at all.

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018

I share your sentiment, it's even more frustrating that all the elements seemed to be falling into place to let the story finally take an interesting turn. And the game gives the impression that there's still a lot to be told and done. Besides the fact that other characters are not yet very present, our protagonist herself had plenty of room to evolve.
I don't know why the dev decided to give up and pack his bags rather than continue, but it's a real waste. I suspect that the numerous routes and the story as a whole, with all its ramifications, were too much for the dev to handle; unless the real reasons are to be found on the side of interest in the project or petty monetary dissatisfactions (that would be a bit of a disgrace)...
All in all, it's not a very encouraging sign to follow and support this person's future projects.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I share your sentiment, it's even more frustrating that all the elements seemed to be falling into place to let the story finally take an interesting turn. And the game gives the impression that there's still a lot to be told and done. Besides the fact that other characters are not yet very present, our protagonist herself had plenty of room to evolve.
I don't know why the dev decided to give up and pack his bags rather than continue, but it's a real waste. I suspect that the numerous routes and the story as a whole, with all its ramifications, were too much for the dev to handle; unless the real reasons are to be found on the side of interest in the project or petty monetary dissatisfactions (that would be a bit of a disgrace)...
All in all, it's not a very encouraging sign to follow and support this person's future projects.
Art is never finished, only abandoned. - Leonardo da Vinci

It is never useful to criticize an artist's motives when you don't know what those motives are.

• Haha
Reactions: Azeroth67000

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
Art is never finished, only abandoned. - Leonardo da Vinci

It is never useful to criticize an artist's motives when you don't know what those motives are.
I admit I didn't see that joke coming ! x) You're right, what am I, poor mortal, to dare question the judgement of the gods and sully the perfection of their works !

I'm just expressing my frustration at seeing a visual novel that's just starting to get interesting suddenly cut short for reasons we don't know. As for the motive behind a person's intentions, like everyone else when I can't know them, I rely on known acts and assumptions deducible from them.

Personally, I avoid relying solely on someone's word or good faith, even when it seems sincere; actions and their consequences over time are much more meaningful in the long term. It's a kind of lesson that many people should follow. It was an implicit reference to all those people who elsewhere on this site seem to fall into a delusional faith for one/or more developers based on the sole credit of their “surprisingly” ever-fluctuating discourse, and they come to a point where they completely lose their grounding in reality.

On the other hand, I avoid taking ridiculous positions of authority, comparing myself to idols set up as examples of impossible perfection, and even less feeling outraged on a personal level because somebody criticizes another's work.
It's perfectly sane and justified to criticize the work of someone who demands payment for the service they provide in the first place (whether you've paid for it or not), and to question the credibility of what someone produces, when you consider that they haven't achieved the outcome you thought they'd achieve or deemed adequate.

Whether you consider this person (the dev) to be an artist or not, frankly I don't know, it's very subjective in this case, but that doesn't mean you can't have an honest opinion or criticism of what he produces, far from it.
If this were true, the profession of art critic wouldn't exist, and neither would my art history classes when I was at university, because we devoted a lot of time to critiquing and interpreting the works of art we studied. :p
P.S: (Believe me, I'd have liked to have done without these classes, they were a secondary subject in my history curriculum, I was bored stiff).

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
To be fair, on the most basic level, the author has been working on this game for 3 years. Burnout and wanting to move on to something different is perfectly natural thing. If anything, we're quite fortunate this is going to get a conclusion, as opposed to just getting dropped like so many other games.

Reactions: Slaybae

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
To be fair, on the most basic level, the author has been working on this game for 3 years. Burnout and wanting to move on to something different is perfectly natural thing. If anything, we're quite fortunate this is going to get a conclusion, as opposed to just getting dropped like so many other games.
The dev seemed to be more focused on making postcards for patreons than actually working on the game. To be honest, I'd rather a game stay unfinished rather than a rush job where several plot lines will get abandoned or watered down.

MrAnarchy

Aug 22, 2022
From what I can tell, it seems that something has happened in her (Pretty’s) personal life that has made producing the game more difficult and she’s not able to dedicate as much time as she used to. Thus, she has decided to end the game early but with the possibility of returning to it and putting in more scenes.

Minttymint

Jun 20, 2017
From what I can tell, it seems that something has happened in her (Pretty’s) personal life that has made producing the game more difficult and she’s not able to dedicate as much time as she used to. Thus, she has decided to end the game early but with the possibility of returning to it and putting in more scenes.
Yeah this seems to be it. She has mentioned before that shes not opposed to coming back and fixing some things up (specifically she mentioned some of the older sprites) but she wants to finish the game first and foremost.

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes