VN - Ren'Py - Eternum [v0.7.5 Public] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Another gem in the making enjoyed every single minute of it just Loved it

What this VN excels at is immersion
    It has great settings combined with awesome presentation that makes you feel like you are in it and getting the full picture
    Interesting plot that has an engaging story combined with great story telling
    The humor and banters are spot on made me laugh a lot Dialogues between characters feel natural
    Also the story sometimes takes unexpected turn and throws you off which makes it more enjoyable
    Great renders a huge step up from the previous VN
    I loved how the scenes were setup with new assets especially the environments very well detailed and the character designs a lot of efforts went into making those
    New hot models with different personalities
    Great character building even though it's just the beginning
    The animations are fluid
    The musics are great additions great choice of sfx and music sets the mood really well

Been waiting for it ever since i heard of it and gotta say it's fuking worth it
    The dev doesn't let us down
    Definitely recommended and if you tried the previous one you know it's gonna be worth also for a first release there is a huge amount of content in it too
    Like the title you really wish you could play this for eternum
    Can't wait to see what comes next as the dev takes this one to the next level from his previous VN.
    As always Goodluck dev.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Nospaces

What an insanely beautiful world, with some of the greatest looking models. Everyone feels like they're their own person, and their personalities are actually different!

've never enjoyed a story this much in any 0.1 release, but boy, let me tell you. This game is so fucking different. There's humour, there's suspense, and even actual connections with the characters.

This is one of the few games I didn't immediately skim through all of the dialogue, only to read the important bits.

Genuinely loved it, 10/10!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

bananabonzai

Caribdis has to be one of the best developers of adult v/n style games. I'm not a huge fan of this style of artwork, but Caribdis makes it work so well when combined with the storytelling and character developments. OiaL was one of the first games I tried with this form of artwork, and wow was I pleasantly surprised. I think it was at the end of OiaL that it mentioned two possibilities of future projects, Eternum, and some post-apocalypse story. I was kinda disappointed it wasnt the latter, but after trying Eternum, that disappointment has quickly dissipated. This draws some parallels to Ready Player One, which I loved, so I am very excited for what future updates will bring for this game. And for the initial release, damn, Caribdis is knocking it out of the ball park. I like that it's not overly sexualized (yet), and the relationships have a good, slower buildup than most games that are just made for fapping to. Definitely think this is one developer well worth supporting monetarily.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BLACkTORNAD0

for anyone who is reading this review
    firstly why you should play it, because its caribdis
    previous game was very well written and so is this. animation and renders are topnotch if anyone has doubts i would recommend playing the completed version of once in a lifetime it has many endings and your choice matters.
    this one is also very well written humor is great just like the previous game . keeping it short i have to go to recive someone at the port too ;)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Shinyo

As everyone said... What an incredible start!!! The amount of content the developer provided in the first release is mind-blowing. The girls, the details and the cinematic parts.. Wauw!
    As much as I love Once in a Lifetime, Eternum takes the crown.

Thanks for the great first release, I am looking forward to the next release! :)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

rainjones

Great Start to a brand new game. Kudos to the creator for being able to maintain the sort of humor that made the previous game stand out and also on the plot setting which seems to be much better and detailed than the last game. Keep up the good work.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Stylebender

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a better first release than this one. OIALT was already a Gem and this one looks to be even better. Graphics are improved and the writing is still great as it was in the previous game. I enjoy the premise of the game since it’s fresh and new and something different. Looking forays to the next update. Caribdis is a GOD
  8. 5.00 star(s)

rex77F

What a start

Tons of content, good humor, Great girls, Well-written dialogues.
    This is a huge leap in terms of graphics and animations, the previous game was good but this one is even better.

In a nutshell this is another fantastic game from Caribdis.
    Can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tosted

Fuck, man.

Caribdis is a god, I swear. Keep up the good work.
    Love you, boo boo

Oh, btw. When I see the name "Chang" I picture an overweight, super sweet, but also crazy old Korean lady that I know.
    So that's cool.

Edit: Holy shit some of the music in this game is like, good . And not the same generic thing in every other game! Caribdis. Babe. How do you do it?
    :cry: you've come so far
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Dorfnutter

(Note: Review is for version 0.1. Will update accordingly on full release)

Strong start. Very strong start. Certainly a tremendous improvement from OiaL, which I thought started meh but ended up fantastic in the end.

I mean, everything is pretty amazing. Story hook sounds interesting, humor is still on point, the music (oh god the music)...probably the biggest improvement from OiaL, the background renders are just gorgeous, and the ladies...*chefs kiss*

(Only nitpick I can think of is "why doesn't Eternum have a HUD or menus? 'Bad game design, 5/10 - IGN, probably' LOL." I mean, the characters keep mentioning their levels and equipment and such, but how do you keep track of that? I dunno, maybe the MC finds out about it later since he's still a noob, but I thought not having it explained at the start seemed weird since Eternum is a VMMORPG after all...)

Again, pretty strong start. Can't wait for the next update.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hurukiwai

I've played a lot of games from this website and while a lot of them were really good I never had the need to actually rate/praise one because a lot of people were already doing that. However after playing both Once In a Lifetime and now this first chapter I'd like to say both of them have been really entertaining and they both have some real great humor, great characters and an interesting story. This & Once in a Lifetime are also the only two games where I never skip dialogue simply because I'm actually interested enough to read it and not just skipping through for the action. Definitely, definitely good shiz Caribdis!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Boldano

Another hit by Caribdis, I can already tell.

The humour hits every time. Great jokes and timing but not to the point where its overwhelming. The overall story is shaping up to be good too. The backstory seems like it will have interesting drama and darkness but will be lighthearted enough to make you laugh and still feel good while working through the mystery.

So far every girl is appealing and diverse so you’re likely to see at least a few characters you want to spend time with. The overall transitions, UI, menus, etc are all polished too, feels good to play through.

Highly recommend following this one.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

raycala

Exclaimer; this is about version 0.1

Having played Caribdis' other game Oialt before, this style and the writing obviously already synced with me, still for those that haven't and in general:

+The models look amazing again, even better since he used HS2, and clearly has more experience
    +The women clearly have a well-rounded personality and style, and are likable in their own way
    +The backgrounds are beautiful and varied, it simply looks amazing
    +Clever and funny usage of movie/game-inspired montages
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    +The MC looks good
    +Consistent story-telling
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    +Great usage of sound effects and music
    +Interesting and unique (for adult games) premise and plotlines
    +Enjoyable humor again (if you didn't like it in Oialt, you probably won't like it here of course)

There is one sex scene, but not yet with the 'main girls', so can't really judge that yet, except that the non-main girl scene was good.

It's safe to say that I'm really looking forward to more of this game and developer.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Shroluken

Well, it's a game from carib and wow he truly is unable to make bad games, narrative, story, writing, art, humor, literally everything is on point.

The game perfectly nails the balance between making jokes and not taking itself seriously and taking itself seriously, it was one of the reasons I loved once in a lifetime in the first place, its funny to read through, makes you laugh yet doesn't fail to make you engaged with the story and leaving you wanting more.

The characters are unique and feel like they have their own personalities, there is already groundwork set up for who will be your rivals and who will be by your side, there are still the typical "mc has big dick" "mom who hasn't had sex in a long time" tropes but I actually really like that they still exist, you know what they say, if something ain't broke, don't fix it.

The entire story has a unique and complex futuristic structure while still not feeling straight up sci-fi, knowing that technology like this may exist in the future, it's something I found personally really intriguing.

It doesn't fail to keep up the humorous tones that the first game was known for, which is something I was personally slightly worrying about, the dev knows what type of game this is and doesn't keep the game fully serious all the time, although just enough to have you actually caring about the characters and story.

All in all, easy (and I mean easy) 5/5 from me, might support the developer myself.

You really outdid yourself man, I mean it
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Obanama

This is the best VN on this website. Having played and very much enjoyed Caribdis last game, my expectations were sky high with this one but that ceiling was blown up the instant i started playing 0.1. Every update has upped its predecessor and the game is well on its way to become the new king of F95. Eternum's quality is like none other with renders, writing, characters and amount of content. In 0.4, there is a section with some pretty fucking great voice acting and if we get some more of that in the future, nothing else will come close. Definitely a must play.

P.S If you only want to support 1 dev on patreon, this is who.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

siipiveikko

A really strong start to a new game. The story is a perfect blend of funny and serious and the conspiracies got me hooked right away. All the characters are unique and ladies hot which is making it difficult for me to choose the best girl just yet. The renders are true eye candy and the animations really bring the scenes and characters alive. Music and sound effects are spot on too.

If you liked Caribdis previous game "Once in a lifetime" I guarantee you will love this one too. If you haven't tried that yet I recommend checking it out too.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

13kainan13

i started playing Oialt around the 0.8 update and loved it instantly, became a supporter shortly after, was looking forward to eternum for a while now and it definately delivered for a 0.1 build

graphics are amazing
    music choice is pitch perfect
    the humour is 15/10 i had plenty of moments where i couldnt stop laughing
    the girls look amazing
    and the story also draws you in so far, it creates enough setting for wanting more

and im really curious and looking forward to the further updates
    10/10 would play and support agian
    (written for the 0.1 release)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Polaxymer

Good start to a promising game.
    - Great humor
    - Excellent use of sound and music (play with headphones)
    - A variety of characters, LIs and other NPCs
    - Main character has some personality
    - Lots of content for a 0.1
    - Plenty of story to the game already
    - Renders are fantastic

I highly recommend Eternum, even at this early stage, the dev is really hitting his stride. The lessons learned in OiaLT are really paying off in the renders, use of music and sound, story telling, and coding. I personally can't wait to see where this goes, too. BTW, Con and Xet are morons.