Unity - Completed - Exploding Girl: Alchemy of Darkness and Flames of Bonds [v1.00] [PiiBGameStudio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

HeavyMetalSlug

A wonderful concept marred by broken gameplay and unwatchable h-scenes.

This title is essentially Super Bomberman, but watered down and boring to play. That is, if you're even able to get the damn game to run properly. I was constantly running into severe frame drops when planting bombs, made worse when the things exploded and turned the entire program into a PowerPoint presentation. Mind you, I'm playing this on a decent laptop that's more than capable of running simple games like this; the devs are fully to blame here.

Base gameplay sees the player going through nine mazes and trying to reach the exit, all while blowing up destructible terrain and enemies in the process. Thing is, nothing prevents the player from making a mad dash to the exit of each stage and beating the game in five minutes. The Super Bomberman series hid switches and keys to the exit door behind enemies and destructible terrain, which actually made those games feel like a fun puzzler as opposed to Running Simulator 2024 over here.

Upgrades to your bombs, instead of being hidden in terrain, are purchased with points earned from killing enemies/collecting point bags across the map. Again, nothing prevents you from collecting the point bags along the way to the exit and, with upgrades being super cheap, maxing out stats within a matter of seconds. Power-ups like invincibility can be found in destructible terrain, but the only ones worth grabbing are remote controlled and super bombs, which chew through multiple blocks and enemies.

On the note of enemies, something that really pisses me off is how they get stupidly long IV frames after getting hit by one explosion. If you plan ahead and line up a row of bombs that all hit an enemy at once, the blast of only one bomb will register. It removes any sense of satisfaction from getting the drop on an enemy, and pads the game out for no reason if you decide to not book it for the exit. Getting grabbed requires you mash a couple keys to escape, which, while tradition for hentai games, is a design that really needs to be taken behind the barn and shot. Mashing isn't fun nor intuitive; it's just annoying as fuck when you're getting chain grabbed into unskippable hentai scenes.

H-scenes, for some reason, cause the game to fucking chug worse than gameplay does. I was legitimately surprised the entire damn program didn't give up the ghost and crash, it's that bad. The scenes themselves are standard nudes and male monster rape slop, nothing wild or groundbreaking. You can find it in a million other hentai games, although this title does give you ability to unlock everything in the gallery from the get-go. There's not a ton of scenes, but those desperate enough for coom content will be pleased.

Honestly not much more to say here. If anything, the way this game crashed and burned makes me want a proper Bomberman H-game. One that, at the very minimum, functions properly.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

PantsRats

Lewd Bomberman made in Unity.
    The concept is gold, it's just not very well done. The controls are sometimes unresponsive, the enemy AI is often buggy, and you can max out your stats with points you earn by the second stage, so there's no reason to take time to clear the stages- you can just run through them.
    The lewd animations are fair, but there's nothing special here... and the gameplay isn't fun enough to repeat.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Darkrus

I'm actually give 1-2 star for gameplay, but the h scene cake I really can't ignore.
    Gameplay length: under 1 hour.
    Pros
    1. L2D H Art, pretty art. (Juicy part)
    2. Oh hey is Pac Man Hgame!
    3. Multi-language provided include English and is not MTL.
    4. Short game
    5. Ah yes good thing developer include the gallery unlock secret.
    6. There is voice in the game. (Also very annoying sounds sometimes)

Cons
    1. I don't think the difficulty even matter, it still very easy.
    2. The UI is confusing, I didn't know at stage complete screen can actually select and buy the upgrade.
    3. The game eat performance since is 3D game, I have to use lowest resolution in order to play in stage and watch H art in stage. (In gallery watch art should be fine to set higher graphic)
    4. The escape is almost impossible if low fps.
    5. The enemy AI is too dumb or broken.
    6. The enemy weird enough to group up a spot and self bomb suicide. (Fountain of bag found in every corner)
    7. The boots upgrade to 10 is very bad choice, it run too fast that is very slippery to move into gap. (Low fps pretty hard to manage)
    8. The game hazard is too bad, I can run to exit and ignore the mob.
    9. Boss is too easy?
    10. The story is meh.
    11. No cross-section.
    12. No NTR.
    13. No Pregnancy.
    14. So why is mimic doesn't have H scene?
    15. I actually hope there is H scene with dialogue in gallery, but they don't, they gave animation process.
    16. There is no auto button to process whole h scene in gallery so I have to place one hand on mouse/keyboard.

I would recommend just play few stage of the game, then go gallery unlock through the secret 5 'H' key in gallery screen.