• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Olivine Lights [v1.6] [Writefuck]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Ruhrok

Apr 15, 2022
as little as the were nsfw scenes, the ones that where there are rly dmn good. couse the characters have so much personality it feels rly rewarding when you reach said scenes. just wish i could see what author could do with bigger budget

Reactions: esraGre

MSGB8

Nov 30, 2021
What's the music in the sunset scene from? The audio file is labeled as "emotion", and I know it from somewhere, but I just can't put my finger on it.
Edit: never mind, it's literally called Emotion. I'm an idiot. I was stuck thinking it was from Hotel Dusk or Last Window and confused myself.

This is really good work btw. It's a bit corny at times, but I've generally really enjoyed the two endings I've gotten so far.

SunBoots

Jul 11, 2017
I applaud the effort put into the writing, mate.
That's some good eats in the pool of mediocre horny.

Actually made me bond with a character I had no interest in before.
Any odds for a sequel to explore it more or are you working on other things?
Either way, curious to see what you come up with next.

Writefuck

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2018
just wish i could see what author could do with bigger budget
One of the most heartwarming things that's been said about me. :)

What's the music in the sunset scene from? The audio file is labeled as "emotion", and I know it from somewhere, but I just can't put my finger on it.
If anyone else is wondering, it's called "Emotion" and it's from Pokemon Black and White. I've also seen it listed as "Unwavering Emotion" but I think the official title is just "Emotion."

Any odds for a sequel to explore it more or are you working on other things?
Either way, curious to see what you come up with next.
I am already pretty deep into writing/coding another Pokemon VN. It features Marnie and it takes place in Lumiose City. I need to release an alpha version before Pokemon Legends ZA comes out. The Marnie game is not a sequel to this one, but it's going to be similar. I don't intend to make a direct sequel to Olivine Lights, but we certainly haven't seen the last of Cynthia. I have long-term plans.

Reactions: esraGre and Ruhrok

esraGre

Nov 13, 2019
Played through a few routes and even w skip function I find myself reading already seen scenes again. Genuine, heartfelt. Also like the subtlety with how characters address or refer to you based on romance level. Makes me want more.

Reactions: Ruhrok

Writefuck

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2018
I'm 95% sure that the town map is some place on the west coast of Norway
It's from a free stock photo website. I traced it back to tis source to see if it said where the photo was from. Apparently it's Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway.

It's hard to find stock photos of a city with a harbor facing towards the bottom of the screen, since you'd need to be taking the photo from on/above the water, or on a convenient island. But Olivine City's harbor canonically faces south in the games, so I had to abide by that.

Reactions: Unpiloted Zeppelin

Unpiloted Zeppelin

Nov 4, 2018
I really like the writing here! Cynthia really feels like an admirable woman who's done a lot of cool shit. I can't say the same for the player character, but I'm fine with that - an infodump of what you're like would be a huge drag. Nicely done! Thank you for posting this.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes