Mod Wolf RPG Imouto! Life ~Fantasy~ FFFox Mod

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Hey ya'll
Got a weird bug here with the background.
I love seeing this POV as much as the next guy, but it's stuck behind everything no matter where I go (I.E to town, to the guild, anywhere else, etc.) It's also stuck to the save file, so reloading the save still has it popped up like this.

Version 1.5.8, post kitsune transformation, and I was just clicking through the bath dialogue a little quickly when it happened.

View attachment 3687926
I can't seem to replicate it, but I'll put in some extra image erase checks to make sure it has multiple checks to erase it. I would recommend activating the scene again to see if it gets erased properly with a second go (don't do anything while bathing together and it'll activate at the end).

SireSpanker

May 30, 2024
I can't seem to replicate it, but I'll put in some extra image erase checks to make sure it has multiple checks to erase it. I would recommend activating the scene again to see if it gets erased properly with a second go (don't do anything while bathing together and it'll activate at the end).
Reactivated the scene just like you said and just like that it's fixed. Thank you! :giggle:

Reactions: BlueFireNick

bearfvck

May 15, 2024
Regarding the unstable frame rate issue, I have identified several problems:
  1. When my computer runs in low-performance mode, regardless of whether the game is stored on SSD or HDD, the frame rate drops significantly.
  2. When running in performance mode, there are no frame rate fluctuations whether the game is on SSD or HDD.
  3. I noticed that after modifying certain local translation texts, such as "Night Home Page," the changes are immediately reflected in the game.
  4. The biggest change compared to the old version is the adaptation for multiple languages. Each version adds more text documents to the language folder, and version 1.5.8 created over 4000 text documents.
I speculate that perhaps each frame iterates and reads texts or even images, leading to a large amount of I/O reading and thus reducing performance. In programs, I/O operations are the most time-consuming.
Potential solutions: Perhaps converting the over four thousand text files into JSON files, or pre-loading them into key-value pairs and storing them in memory could improve performance. (This suggestion is based on my experience optimizing my own code.)
Currently, the only solution seems to be improving the computer's performance during operation. I tried storing the game on SSD or launching it with administrator privileges, but the frame rate still feels very low, with minimal effect.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Regarding the unstable frame rate issue, I have identified several problems:
  1. When my computer runs in low-performance mode, regardless of whether the game is stored on SSD or HDD, the frame rate drops significantly.
  2. When running in performance mode, there are no frame rate fluctuations whether the game is on SSD or HDD.
  3. I noticed that after modifying certain local translation texts, such as "Night Home Page," the changes are immediately reflected in the game.
  4. The biggest change compared to the old version is the adaptation for multiple languages. Each version adds more text documents to the language folder, and version 1.5.8 created over 4000 text documents.
I speculate that perhaps each frame iterates and reads texts or even images, leading to a large amount of I/O reading and thus reducing performance. In programs, I/O operations are the most time-consuming.
Potential solutions: Perhaps converting the over four thousand text files into JSON files, or pre-loading them into key-value pairs and storing them in memory could improve performance. (This suggestion is based on my experience optimizing my own code.)
Currently, the only solution seems to be improving the computer's performance during operation. I tried storing the game on SSD or launching it with administrator privileges, but the frame rate still feels very low, with minimal effect.
I believe it very much is a loading issue. However, I have 0 knowledge of json or how to use them with WolfRPG Editor. Someone showed me an example, and it does seem to simplify things greatly, but I have no clue how I would go about loading said files into WolfRPG Editor properly. (If anyone knows of a WolfRPG game that does use any json files, let me know and I'll check the game out to see how they do it.)

is most content after the great adventure or....?
Some is, such as the Kistune sister, but there's plenty of content scattered throughout the game.

WhyRun

Nov 11, 2018
BlueFireNick how would I go about repacking the English and Japanese folders back into .wolf's? This would solve majority of the lag and I'd be willing to do it myself but I have no idea what version of the engine to download to do it.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
so i made it pass the great adventure but nothing did i do something wrong
If the mod is installed, you'll have the option to use magic to change her appearance. From the sounds of it, though, you might not have it installed. If it is installed correctly, you'll see a new title screen with the mod's version number in the top right.

BlueFireNick how would I go about repacking the English and Japanese folders back into .wolf's? This would solve majority of the lag and I'd be willing to do it myself but I have no idea what version of the engine to download to do it.
You'll need to use WolfRPG Editor 3.0 or newer. Put the editor in the same folder as the game's exe file. Open the editor. Click on 'Data' in the top menu, then choose 'Create Game Data'. Choose the 'Limited Folder Encryption (individual .wolf files)' and then highlight the folders you want to pack from the list. Then click okay. The engine will then automatically copy and paste everything into a new folder before packing the folders you want, and then deleting the folders after packing them into .wolf.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes