Tool Wolf RPG Complete WOLF RPG Editor 3 English

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Currently there is only Editor officially available in English.

But some games have already switched to 3 and they're pretty much uneditable with most old external WolfRPG resource parsers or the old Editor due to change in the storage format. Currently I have ported the old version translation of the main Editor.exe with MTL of missing strings, so the newer games would at least be translatable in the Editor.
It's not a proper resource adaptation which requires too much effort, and some texts in the Editor may be truncated in buttons/label boxes/etc so it's only partially useful for in-depth editing or creating games.

I used to replace the resources with translated .rc file. Kudos to its creator, it's such a nice tool.
Just in case, I also attach translation project files if someone decides to do a better job or want to translate a newer version.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here's also an updated translation of the latest (2.296) version of WlofRPG 2 with resources ported directly from the official one.

Added Microsoft Visual C++ project to build Editor.Lang.dll by yourself.
With this you can simply use the MSVS( ) Resource Editor to resize elements to fit the target language.
The .dll allows anyone to translate 3.1+ versions of the editor by placing it in the same directory as Editor.exe.
The archive also contains English translated Editor.Lang.SystemValue and Editor.Lang.SystemString text files.

Last edited:

Yuizorb

Mar 31, 2021
Here is version 2.271
(Translated to English using the widderune 2.24Z translation.
If someone else wants to translate a specific version,
99% of the (menu & dialogue & string) entries from a translated version
can be copy > pasted into whatever version your editing)

It didn't seem necessary to make another thread so I'm putting it here.

Last edited:

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Thanks for sharing wolf rpg games are difficult to translate from what i've heard

BlindTraveler

Feb 22, 2018
I saw there was an update and was jelly Thank you its not the current newest but its a step up from the official eng version sadly

tseyik

Mar 3, 2024
[Resource DLL for those translating the editor]
WOLF RPG Editor 3
This is data for those who have translated the WOLF RPG Editor and published a foreign language version (other than Japanese).

By placing the following resource DLL file in the same location as "Editor.exe", you can use the resource DLL file originally provided in Editor.exe.
"Resource" data on the "DLL side" will be loaded with priority instead of forms and strings.

- Editor.Lang.dll: Contains dialog information and string data.
   - Editor.Lang.SystemString.txt:
By rewriting the data name in this, you can change the SDB6 "system string" name (Ver3.145 or later)
   - Editor.Lang.SystemValue.txt:
By rewriting the data name in this, you can change the SDB5 "system variable" name (Ver3.145 or later)

If you translate this DLL with the resource editor, the EXE resources will be updated every small update.
I think it will make the translation process a little easier since there will be no need to rewrite it.

*As long as it is distributed free of charge, "Editor.exe", the translated "Editor.Lang.dll" and the TXT collection can be distributed all at once.

Reactions: Surgy

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
tseyik: Thanks for the info. Too bad they don't provide source code for it.
So I made it myself and also translated the text files to English.
Check the attachment in the first post.

tseyik

Mar 3, 2024
tseyik: Thanks for the info. Too bad they don't provide source code for it.
So I made it myself and also translated the text files to English.
Check the attachment in the first post.
Translating dll & exe file : Translating Wolf RPG Edit

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote