Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
Click anywhere outside the textbox, or on the cross at the top right of the tutorial box
Considering multiple people are having that issue, have you tested different browsers? Maybe some browsers work differently. If it continues maybe consider adding a simple button at the bottom to close the windows? Or, worst case scenario, consider moving the tutorial to the main page with a back button, kinda like what you did with the characters and infos buttons.

Reactions: Henry73au

dlex0

Mar 22, 2017
crazy amount of content. Good scenes chosen for what's happening. I liked my [love] play through a lot, but there's so much text. Like... an insane amount of scrolling.

Also if during the free roam sections, it would help if it were more clear once you've talked to everyone to know where to click to resume. Some of the free roam sections had a "back to game" button at the top, but many did not.

metadeos

Jan 23, 2018
Enjoying this so far. Normally I'm not one to complain too much about spelling/grammar stuff, but the constant use of "wich" is actually bothering me a little. A note to the dev: "wich" is not a word on its own, you mostly mean "which".

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Considering multiple people are having that issue, have you tested different browsers? Maybe some browsers work differently. If it continues maybe consider adding a simple button at the bottom to close the windows? Or, worst case scenario, consider moving the tutorial to the main page with a back button, kinda like what you did with the characters and infos buttons.
Good point, I've tested with only one browser. Since there's already a tuto passage on the left bar, I think I'll just notify there's a tutorial without having it actually pop-out.

Reactions: Samu13

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
crazy amount of content. Good scenes chosen for what's happening. I liked my [love] play through a lot, but there's so much text. Like... an insane amount of scrolling.

Also if during the free roam sections, it would help if it were more clear once you've talked to everyone to know where to click to resume. Some of the free roam sections had a "back to game" button at the top, but many did not.
Are you talking about the "ingame" Free-roam, or the kinda "rewind" on the left bar ? Also, thanks for the kind words. Most people chose the corruption route, it's nice to hear news from the love path !

For the scrolling issue, I agree. I'm slowly changing my previous updates to match nowadays layout, where the mouse movements are reduced to the minimum and you can just press spacebar.

dlex0

Mar 22, 2017
Are you talking about the "ingame" Free-roam, or the kinda "rewind" on the left bar ? Also, thanks for the kind words. Most people chose the corruption route, it's nice to hear news from the love path !

For the scrolling issue, I agree. I'm slowly changing my previous updates to match nowadays layout, where the mouse movements are reduced to the minimum and you can just press spacebar.
In game free roam sections, where you are choosing which classroom to enter, and who to talk to.

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Enjoying this so far. Normally I'm not one to complain too much about spelling/grammar stuff, but the constant use of "wich" is actually bothering me a little. A note to the dev: "wich" is not a word on its own, you mostly mean "which".
I made a "search and replace" in Twine, showed 25 different passages with this wich horror :censored: Changed it all, thanks ! English isn't my native language, there are mistakes I have a hard time getting rid of.

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
In game free roam sections, where you are choosing which classroom to enter, and who to talk to.
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit confused : the back button at the top is only inside the free-roam from the left bar, where you can rewind what you unlocked. Ingame, you can only wander through the table at the end. Regarding the "where to resume" issue, Lust in the park tells the player what needs to be done, or where to go if everything mandatory is good.

Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit confused : the back button at the top is only inside the free-roam from the left bar, where you can rewind what you unlocked. Ingame, you can only wander through the table at the end. Regarding the "where to resume" issue, Lust in the park tells the player what needs to be done, or where to go if everything mandatory is good.
He meant that it's not always very clear where you need to go to advance the story when in free-roam, like in the first day of school. You mention that Lust will tell you the next objective in the park, but it's easy to miss.

Maybe add a visual indicator on rooms where "time" will advance. If going in a room would change characters positions or would advance the story, add a visual indicator or a note that it will do so. That way players will know which places will change/advance the story and which they can visit without worrying on missing anything.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
From the previews it seems interesting and ambitious, and the girls choice seems pretty good as well. Good luck on your project.

Reactions: Anders Niet

metadeos

Jan 23, 2018
I made a "search and replace" in Twine, showed 25 different passages with this wich horror :censored: Changed it all, thanks ! English isn't my native language, there are mistakes I have a hard time getting rid of.
All good - like I said, I'm really enjoying the game so far, that just stuck out at me. Keep up the good work!

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Be careful with your grammar. Was pretty hilarious knowing my sister was snobbing...

Anyway, those are easy to change with notepad++

wich instead of which, strenght instead of strength, and I'm pretty sure you meant sobbing and not snobbing... Those are the main errors I recall for now.

Zagnut

Feb 10, 2018
This has a lot of potential but it's a little hard to read with all of the walls of text.

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Be careful with your grammar. Was pretty hilarious knowing my sister was snobbing...

Anyway, those are easy to change with notepad++

wich instead of which, strenght instead of strength, and I'm pretty sure you meant sobbing and not snobbing... Those are the main errors I recall for now.
Will change that as soon as I can. And you're absolutely right, I need to pay attention more. Truth be told grammar is, by far, the hardest thing to check-up when I beta-test.

Lianland

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
This has a lot of potential but it's a little hard to read with all of the walls of text.
The huge walls of text stop rather quickly. Took this habit from Confidence Man, which were a big writing influence when I begun. As I've developed my own writing style, I went for dialog-box and images rather than walls.

And I agree, I don't like my prologue and first updates nowadays. That's why I'm slowly revamping them. Both layouts and text as my writing has become way more fluent this past year and half.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
He meant that it's not always very clear where you need to go to advance the story when in free-roam, like in the first day of school. You mention that Lust will tell you the next objective in the park, but it's easy to miss.
Never assume players will pick up on direction from dialogue boxes tbh

4.30 star(s) 22 Votes