VN Ren'Py The Gain Trials [v1.6.1] [Bladerune9]

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Monochrome901

May 28, 2018
Alternative mixtures aren't fully implemented yet. Failed mixtures have no penalty currently.
This build is mainly to get feedback, so I can finish the game with all the feedback in mind.
It's not clear what the 3rd stage is asking for at all. And if there's going to be a penalty, you should make it to where you can simply retry a mixture with the same parameters rather than having to roll back the state of the mixture minigame altogether.

Snoopy_H

May 30, 2018
it tickles some of my fetishes but its weird though less weird then his other game but still ...

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
the mixing minigame is straight-up torture. The main problem is that is basically a math problem: what was right may not be right the next time(like i tried like 15 times, the second mixing-minigame, sometimes i get stuff right, but apparently when i try a new option, doesn't mix well, it's not even a guessing game at this point)

Update 5 minutes later: i decided to use the universal renpy mod and cheat my success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooloomooloo

Bladerune9

Curve connoisseur
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2022
So currently is seems that the general consensus is that the mixing minigame is bad.
Any ideas on how to make it better?

Looks like the third ingredient is where most get stuck.

I have not yet decided on what a failed state looks like, besides a different sequence for Catie. But it'll certainly not be punishing.

In the current version you are only required to succeed once in the introduction event for the minigame, after that it doesn't matter if you win or lose. I did this to make sure that people wouldn't get stuck on this.

supafly666

Sep 14, 2017
So currently is seems that the general consensus is that the mixing minigame is bad.

Looks like the third ingredient is where most get stuck.

I have not yet decided on what a failed state looks like, besides a different sequence for Catie. But it'll certainly not be punishing.

In the current version you are only required to succeed once in the introduction event for the minigame, after that it doesn't matter if you win or lose. I did this to make sure that people wouldn't get stuck on this.
I tried this, i got stuck, seemed there was a knack to it though, it seemed like the mixtures cycled every so often. So if i clicked the 1 ingredient 3 times, it would eventually get to one where those first 3 ingredients is the correct mixture.

Yeah would be cool if there were some scenes for failed mixtures like gigantic boobs, or maybe super horny or something.

In terms of making it better, maybe making it a tiny bit easier for people to clearly see which ingredient does what. I was reading some of them like "wtf does this mean" lol

Reactions: Doomdooom

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Gain Trials [v1.6.1] [Bladerune9]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
make a right answer.

not a right mix, because right now, it seems you must get the items that match each other, because based on the minigame we must follow the notes but also keep in mind what works well with what, while also keeping in mind ALL the notes even for previous items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doomdooom

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
"Whoops! I accidentally picked the wrong combination, and now you got a gigahuge, flubbery-wubbery hyperdonk. I'm sure you'll figure something out though, #Trust." ;)
...But wait, that would make failure more valuable than success... :unsure:

SergeKov

Oct 30, 2020
Funny that I only failed the minigame once, and after that all the other mixings fere good. Guess I understood the logic. There always was only 1 right answer if you read it carefully. But I agree that mixing is a little bit boring right now. Some negative effects would be at least funny to see.

Omniban

Jul 13, 2017
i really hope/wish there was a way to do the breast expansion, lactaction stuff without the belly stuff. I like em thick and love some big titties, loved holestein girls, just not a fan of the tummy fat

Reactions: ShadedWilderness

Monochrome901

May 28, 2018
Letting you actually retry the mixture under the same parameters or at least allowing us to save previous mixtures and parameters without having to physically log them somewhere else would be nice. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with it being vague if you aren't going to make the failstate boring or punishing, it's just annoying to find out what's right at this stage.

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes