Completed Alice Soft - 母爛漫 - Haha Ranman - User Interface Translation - v1.01

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017

Title: Haha Ranman (母爛漫)

Developed By: Alice Soft ( )

Release Date: 26.04.2019

Translation Version: v1.01

Synopsis (taken from vndb.org)

Soon after getting married, Wakura Mayuko's husband was murdered by the hand of a sword killer. Losing the will to live, Mayuko had fallen into despair and tried to kill herself, but there was a young boy who pulled her heart away from the despair. His name is Kaga Isamu. Like Mayuko, his parents also lost their lives to a sword killer. Mayuko felt a connection between them, decided to adopt Isamu from an orphanage and started living together.

Ten years have passed since then, Isamu has grown into a young man. While Mayuko somehow managed to regain herself with the help from her husband's little brother Wakura Takafumi, a psychiatrist. However, the recovery also makes memories with her late husband fade away slowly, and that, bring the pain to her heart.

One day, Isamu met a beautiful girl at a shrine. Isamu is shocked by the words told by the girl. "Mayuko will die soon". When her heart filled with emptiness, the death shall invite her soul.
The girl claims she knows the way to save Mayuko and willing to lend her hand, but the way to rescue Mayuko is to have the girl teach him "the way of sex".

Download Link:
Link:
Key: AfltDPW1ANrynX76US9BZ6XWLTa9hQa0hTmJejxpPJ8

To apply the translation extract the file inside the game folder and overwrite.

NOTE: THIS IS JUST INTERFACE TRANSLATION!

Translators Notes:
Last week I saw this game come out and since I'm a fan of these kinds of games from AliceSoft I immediately downloaded the game and checked if I can extract the images using the old tools I have and to my surprise, it worked. Ever since then I've been translating and editing images. In total, there are a little over 500 images that needed translating. I've translated and edited about 370 of them. The untranslated images are used only in the configuration window which I hope to translate next week. As it is now, the game is fully playable and every window you'll need for gameplay is translated. Note that some things I might have mistranslated since I was in a hurry and I didn't play the game at all. If you notice something, send me a PM and I'll retranslate those images. Another thing is that things inside the .ain file can't be translated since there are no working .ain decompiles and compilers. All Alice Soft games after Oyako Rankan have this new thing added to the .ain file and the old .ain decompiler isn't working anymore. Help messages and other things are going to be in Japanese but I think they should be hookable. In any case, hope you enjoy the game. It was a bit hassle to translate and edit but I think it paid out in the end. I'm really satisfied with how it looks. I've almost forgotten to mention the clock in the top left corner of the screen. This game uses Chinese Zodiac signs as the hour singe on the clock. Since the window size is small to type in Dragon, Rooster, and other animal names that are inside the Zodiac I was forced to lower it to the first three letters and two for Monkey. On the bigger image, I was able to put images of the animals in question but for those small images, I was forced to type in the first three letters; ie. Rat = Rat, Rab = Rabbit, Tig = Tiger, and so on.

ICON EXPLANATION:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:
v1.01

Some of the images were corrupted somehow and instead of seeing a picture in the game, a black square was displayed.
You'll have to redownload the whole file to fix this issue.
There might be some other images that have this issue. If you see any, report it.

Screenshots:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Magdragon

Aug 5, 2016
Hopefully somebody can translate a walkthough when one is made to go with this. Love Alicesoft games.

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Thank you very much for the translation, very much appreciated.

People can make a general walkthrough for this game, but no two playthroughs will be the same. This is because the game has two random factors: the time which the thugs spawn in after midnight can occur in essentially any timeslot, and the demon eggs which spawn at night-time can spawn randomly on the grid, which can force you to waste movement points unnecessarily.

You can save scum and force them to spawn in favorable positions,but be prepared to re-load. A LOT.

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
do you plan on continuing to translate?
Like I said in the translator's notes there is no way to translate the dialog and other help messages without a decompiler/compiler tool. The only thing I'm going to do is translate are the last few images that are left from the config menu.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Like I said in the translator's notes there is no way to translate the dialog and other help messages without a decompiler/compiler tool. The only thing I'm going to do is translate are the last few images that are left from the config menu.
Holy shit, good job man, i really wanted a translation for the interface, it's so much better now, you are a legend, i would have helped you to translate the whole game, but i have no idea how to use special programs for that.

Edit: Umm....how do i open this AFA file? i have no idea how to extract this, i'm kinda noob

Last edited:

Dungzo

Jun 22, 2019
You don't need to open the .AFA file. I initially thought you had too as well. It turns out that you just need to move the downloaded file into the main game directory and overwrite the file. Vice versa in order to revert back to the normal default interface then you need to use the original .AFA file.

For the record, the mega links under the spoilers don't work anymore. The interface patch link is still up though.

Reactions: HB38

kR1pt0n1t3

Dec 31, 2017
The image inside the spoilers is there so people know how to get the full link. It's sort of like a tutorial for people that kept posting and messaging me that the link is down. I totally forgot to update the latest translation. It jist translates images inside the options menu. Ill upload it when I get home in few days.

Magi17

Jul 29, 2017
If anybody wants to try to translate, you can use these tools to translate the text. Can't figure out how to translate the images though. Would appreciate any help on that front. I use GARbro to extract the AFA file containing the CG but cant convert it and edit it back.

Instruction:
Open command prompt/Powershell/etc. Set directory to where alice-tools are located. Use following command to do so. Example with Oyako Rankan translation folder.
cd C:\Users\User1\Downloads\Oyako Rankan Translation\alice-tools

Instruction: Use following command to generate "out.txt" from the game .ain file.(Replace Rance10.ain with your games .ain file) Make sure you have .ain file in the alice-tools folder with the aindump file.
aindump -t -o out.txt Rance10.ain

Example:
aindump -t -o out.txt 母娘乱館.ain

Instruction: Use following command to reinsert any edits done to "out.txt". Be careful when editing "out.txt", mistakes such as "" in the edits will cause the command to fail. Other mistakes like syntax errors will cause ERROR but with line location with the error. Another error is having a character outside the last ".
ainedit -t out.txt -o out.ain Rance10.ain

Example:
For Oyako Rankan
ainedit -t out.txt -o out.ain 母娘乱館.ain

After doing the edit just replace the ain file.(Make backup of original .ain file just in case)
Just message if you need help.
Edit: You can actually get a more current version of these tools if you search" alice-tools haniwa".

Last edited:

Magi17

Jul 29, 2017
Forgot to add that you should probably use a program like Notepad ++ since the txt files to edit are really large. Several thousand kb large. Lots of text.

Magi17

Jul 29, 2017
how can i download this please? thank you
Should be this. In the post.
Download Link:
" " + "#!XOx1Va7L!AfltDPW1ANrynX76US9BZ6XWLTa9hQa0hTmJejxpPJ8"
Don't know if the file is still there though. Might be.

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
Should be this. In the post.
Download Link:
" " + "#!XOx1Va7L!AfltDPW1ANrynX76US9BZ6XWLTa9hQa0hTmJejxpPJ8"
Don't know if the file is still there though. Might be.
Still there, it's only the file for the translation though.

Reactions: stealerk

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
Here's the spoilerAL file if anyone is interested. Requires version 6.4… which I can't seem to find at the moment.

Reactions: CobraPL