[S> Other] [R>Writer] [S>Artist 3D] Paid Artist/Animator Seeking A Writer For Ren'Py or Twine Project

Stubbornstain

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all,

Offering 3D art (including animations) and seeking a writer.

Introduction:

Been stuck in a bit of a rut recently. I was working with a guy on a 2D side-scrolling type game (I create the animations in Daz3D, he does the Unity stuff) but he's unwell currently so I need something more to fill up my time. I have published a couple of Ren'Py games before and made some decent money from them, though possibly not enough to justify the time spent on them, but whatever, it was fun and I taught myself a bit of Python along the way,

My (I should really update my itch.io page) contains some sample of my work in the promotional images and you can see the sort of style I went for, which is a bit reminiscent of Tom and Jerry, which is a big influence on me and of course, I do (mainly) hail from the giant/tiny community, not that is strictly what I want to limit myself to, since I am not at all fussy when it comes to genres. There are a few thinks I dislike, but not many.

As I said, I also animate, though I still prefer making still images. Animation files (e.g. APNGs and GIFs) tend to be big so if you want to see some animation samples, I'd suggest sending me a private message. I am happy to take commissions, but obviously this is not the focus of my post, so I won't go into detail about that here.

I can do some basic programming for myself, both in Ren'Py and in Twine. Of course, I wouldn't say "no" to the services of a programmer, if you are the sort of person who is able (and willing) to assist in that regard. But I'd rather hire a programmer for a larger "revenue share" project since what I'm wanting for the moment is only enough content for 100 or so images of plot driven content and I can most likely program that myself.

Project Brief / Job Description:

I would like to have a discussion with regards to "fleshing out" a new game idea in a similar vein to what I have made in the past (see Gum Road store page link above). Basically, a kind of The Borrows novels where there are tiny humanoids, though these ones are kept as pets and do not speak. If you do not consider yourself a write but want to pitch me some game ideas anyway, that would be most welcome, but remember to theme in a style similar to what's already on my Gum Road page.

Any ideas can be "not safe for work", however it has to have a certain cuteness to it. In particular, I have some at present unused character models that I'd love to use. When you do message me, please also provide samples of your work. I am looking for that je ne sais quoi , as they say. If you are cultured enough to know what je ne sais quoi is then bonus points from me!

Work commitment:

For now, this will be a one-off project and there are no deadlines. Whilst I am flexible, because I know good art takes time (and I consider writing to be an art form in its own right), I do not want to be waiting for months for the writing to be completed.

Despite this being a one-off project, if we find we are able to work well together, I am not going to rule out working together again on an entirely different project. In such an instance, I would be happy to lend my skills to future projects you may have (or I may ask you to do further writing).

Employment Type:

There are two options here.

1. Unless the person I chose to become the writer has explicitly stated they are happy to work for free (i.e. nothing in return), I am happy to pay whomever entices me the most (though I have an upper limit as to what I'd want to pay per 1,000 words). You tell me your prices and I'll let you know if I find them to be agreeable. Please inform me of why your prices are set at the rate they are instead of simply repeating them.

2. You may chose to commission me as an artist in exchange for doing the writing for my own project and I can perhaps provide illustration for a story you have written and we can discuss how much art is worth what you are offering me.

Preferred method of contact:

Either reply in this topic or send me a private correspondence in the first instance, and then if things look good I can provide you my user tag on Discord.

Additional comments:

Additionally, a few months ago, I had started working on a Twine game where the player is abducted by aliens and I'd perhaps like to be that up again with the help of a seasoned writer. I tend to be very indecisive, which has always annoyed me, so if somebody actually did the writing for me I have a structure I can work from when making the art for the game(s). Therefore, in summary, there are potentially two different styles of project open to you as a writer.

Thanks for reading,

Stubbornstain

Stubbornstain

Apr 15, 2020
You could send me a private message on here. I can send a link to the demo I made. I will do that now actually.