Tool Unity Assets Bundle Extractor

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

gibo57

Donor
Mar 17, 2018
Hey guys,
Whenever i try to do it I get the message:
ERROR
Unable to create texture2D template field!

Does anyone know why this is?

Viggy

Jan 5, 2019
Here's how to fix the pesky error: "Unable to read the bundle file! (Invalid file or unkown version?)"

Extract the attached .zip into your AssetsBundleExtractor location, (where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located) then replace the previous "classdata.tpk" file when prompted.

May 12, 2021
More then one tool exists now.
UABEA STABLE 28 days ago... Uni v 5 - 2020.2

Asset Studio 22 days ago AssetStudio.v0.15.37.zip
Asset Studio by Perfare May 28 2021
Uni v 2.5 - 2021.1

UABEA can export and re-import to with new assets (maybe some additional code?)
Asset Studio seems like it can only export as discussed in 7days2die.

hmm.. maybe use Asset Studio to extract .fbx from an older game and UABEA to re-import into a newer game?
Might have to use blender to check and tune up to keep compatability solid.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Uni v 2.5 - 2021.1
Official sources:

Occasionally worthwhile building from source, which is outlined in an easy to understand way on Github.

Asset Studio is for viewing and extracting, but can also be used as a guide to hex-edit asset files directly or raw exports from UABE for newer Unity versions - UABE lacks support for 3 keyframe fields added in 2019.1, so dump exports are corrupted as a result.
UABEA currently does not support Mono, but nesrak1 has said it's being looked into.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021
I'm unable to extract animations from a Unity game. The images work fine but the animations doesn't seem to work extract, didn't have this problem in the past. is it the tool that i use or perhaps the game is protected somehow?
*nods*
Can you tell use the description of workflow and environment? You don't have to be a professional coder just write it up like a basic bug issue. PLEASE, include Computer settings, $Path, version of software you use and steps we can perform to replicate the problem.

And where did you get the software.. did you compile it from source or did you use a third party distro service.

3 hours ago -

3 hours ago in 1 min 45 sec
10 MB AssetStudio.v0.15.53

3 days ago -

UABEA currently does not support Mono, but nesrak1 has said it's being looked into.
Mono... is that the platform independent version of C#? When and where did he say it was being looked into.
(honestly, Mono seems like a nice to have if you are using something like Eclipse or Inteli.. but he could probably get away with using Harmony/dnSpy/3SBUtil from what I have seen..) Fact is, for what it's worth? I haven't seen anyone post a proper workflow and steps to take in setting up one's DEV environment.

May 12, 2021
I don't know what you mean by workflow and enviroment. I just downloaded AssetStudio.v0.15.47(zip) from the github page( ), extracted it to a folder and then simply run the program.

EDIT: Figured out what was wrong. Sorry to have bothered you, thx.
Allow me to appologize, if I seem blunt or curt about things. I'm not trying to being snappy or whatever. I'm genuinely intrested how you in particular use it.

How successful where you in the past and where you able to integrate those animation into programs you are working on or existing programs? Did someone teach you? Was it a tutorial from somewhere? Are there further tools you use after extracting?

I really wish folks would follow through and say what was the wrong thing they discovered and what type of misconfiguration occured.

My sincerest inquiry.

• Angry
Reactions: _NAMELESS_
May 12, 2021
No need to apologize i didn't think you where snappy or something like that. I use AssetStudio to simply extract images and animations for games that i like and thats it :) I tried to extract animations from a game called Flirty F and the probblem was that the game's animations where simply a bunch of images stiched together to make an animation. This confused me beause in another game called The Spellbook it was different, there i had the option to select the VideoClip filter in AssetStudio to extract the animation and in Flirty F there wasn't.
Hey, if it make you feel better? okay. I am a degenerate type of fellow. I want sexy scenes to import into HS2. aka Illusion.. aka HS2. SO.. that means I need to get WISER.. in using tools.. Extraction Animatons is an important thing. FOR ME.. if.. IF.. I decide to make a oh.. I dunno.. a VN? Where the MC.. (aka ME!) has to choose between 2 girls but can not.. and has to impregnate BOTH.. Well, I'd like the ability to know how to import exported animations? now granted... My grammar or cunning linguist skills run into works I can't describe properly.. Well maybe, I'd probably just be a gonzo type and tell one girl to do or feel "natural" while performing an act.. HOWEVER the animation is important.

but that is off-topic/general type talk.

Truth is PlayHome has .fbx animations for "exhaustion" in pussy munching.. and there is a scene for piledriver against bed.. AND a scene for pinning the girl against the door with two toys causing her to squirt finish and be silly happy.. that have not been translated to any other titles.. I know they are compatible however interation of base game is something that no one has documented nor explained how they create new environments... if I can be honest with you. I don't like tentecale shit.. but I do love willing surrender, joy and impregnation..

To be honest I've played Play Home.. And can not recommend the game to anyone in good faith.. it's pretty fucked up.

Reactions: DewiMorgan

DewiMorgan

Sep 28, 2021
For anyone wondering: the OP link is broken. There is a thread on the 7 ways website, and the correct link is in the project's github readme. To get there, you can just Google "Unity Assets Bundle Extractor" and maybe "DerPopo": I'd link it, but I'm a newbie user who can't post links.

Or as others are saying, you can just use either of the other tools (UABEA, AssetStudio) that people have linked.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
More then one tool exists now.
UABEA STABLE 28 days ago... Uni v 5 - 2020.2

Uni v 2.5 - 2021.1

UABEA can export and re-import to with new assets (maybe some additional code?)
Asset Studio seems like it can only export as discussed in 7days2die.

hmm.. maybe use Asset Studio to extract .fbx from an older game and UABEA to re-import into a newer game?
Might have to use blender to check and tune up to keep compatability solid.
any idea to make UBAEA run? it cant seems run in my windows even after install .net 5.0 runtime

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So, what dependencies does UABE 2.2.d have? Just switched up to W10 finally, have C++ 2015-22 (x64,x86) installed, also C++ 2008 the same way, yet...
"MSVCP100.dll" missing...

What gives?
-------------------
EDIT: you know, eff this thing. It needs VS 2010 and 2013 to run.... XD
Oh well.

Last edited:

jayblack7575

Jan 30, 2022
I have a game (Necronator Dead Wrong) that uses unity player 3/9/2020-35815 and you can name off any free asset tools even probably all the ones mentioned here and they ether don't work or half a*s work with errors making them useless so I am stuck modding the game.
What also sucks is only a few lets you export as text/json then import back.
Here's what I have tried with crap results, so if anyone knows of any new ones free or paid, let me know.
Doesn't work for unity 2020+
Asset Bundle Extractor 1.0
Asset Bundle Extractor 2.2
AssetStudio.0.15.20
AssetStudio.0.15.32
AssetStudio.net5.v0.16.21
AssetStudio.net6.v0.16.21
AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.21
quickbms
-

(pretty new but gives errors. Still in develop, missing allot of stuff. *For newer versions of unity)
AssetsAdvancedEditor 1.0
AssetsAdvancedEditor 1.2
-
Unity Studio 0.4
uTinyRipper_x64
UnityAssetsExplorer1.2
UnityAssetsExplorer1.3
UnityAssetsExplorer1.4
UnityAssetsExplorer1.5
Unity Asset Editor 0.2.1

jayblack7575

Jan 30, 2022
Here's how to fix the pesky error: "Unable to read the bundle file! (Invalid file or unkown version?)"

Extract the attached .zip into your AssetsBundleExtractor location, (where AssetBundleExtractor.exe is located) then replace the previous "classdata.tpk" file when prompted.
I replaced that file in Asset Bundle Extractor 1.0, Asset Bundle Extractor 2.2 and it doesn't work.
I also replaced it in Assets Advanced Editor 1.0, doesn't work and
Assets Advanced Editor 1.2 which I still get errors.
I guess I will have to wait for the guy to release the next version of Assets Advanced Editor
and hope he fixes allot of the bugs with the newer unity versions so for now
I'M just out of luck for modding assets.

jayblack7575

Jan 30, 2022
2020.2.21F Error
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalRead(Int32 numBytes)
at AssetsTools.NET.AssetsFileReader.ReadUInt32()
at AssetsTools.NET.AssetTypeTemplateField.ReadType(AssetsFileReader reader, AssetTypeValueField valueField)
at AssetsTools.NET.AssetTypeTemplateField.ReadType(AssetsFileReader reader, AssetTypeValueField valueField)
at AssetsTools.NET.AssetTypeInstance..ctor(AssetTypeTemplateField[] baseFields, AssetsFileReader reader, Int64 filePos)
at AssetsTools.NET.AssetTypeInstance..ctor(AssetTypeTemplateField baseField, AssetsFileReader reader, Int64 filePos)
at AssetsAdvancedEditor.Assets.AssetsWorkspace.MakeAssetContainer(AssetItem item, Boolean forceFromCldb) in C:\Users\Lenovo\source\repos\AssetsAdvancedEditor\AssetsAdvancedEditor\Assets\AssetsWorkspace.cs:line 130
at AssetsAdvancedEditor.Winforms.AssetsViewer.AddAssetItem(AssetsFileInstance fileInst, AssetFileInfoEx info, Int32 fileId) in C:\Users\Lenovo\source\repos\AssetsAdvancedEditor\AssetsAdvancedEditor\Winforms\AssetsViewer.cs:line 156
at AssetsAdvancedEditor.Winforms.AssetsViewer.LoadAssetsToList() in C:\Users\Lenovo\source\repos\AssetsAdvancedEditor\AssetsAdvancedEditor\Winforms\AssetsViewer.cs:line 74
at AssetsAdvancedEditor.Winforms.AssetsViewer..ctor(AssetsManager am, AssetsFileInstance instance, Boolean fromBundle) in C:\Users\Lenovo\source\repos\AssetsAdvancedEditor\AssetsAdvancedEditor\Winforms\AssetsViewer.cs:line 63
at AssetsAdvancedEditor.Winforms.Menu.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Lenovo\source\repos\AssetsAdvancedEditor\AssetsAdvancedEditor\Winforms\Menu.cs:line 78
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
System.Private.CoreLib
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.0.1321.56516
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
----------------------------------------
AssetsAdvancedEditor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jason/Desktop/1/UAAE%202/AssetsAdvancedEditor.dll
System.Runtime
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Runtime.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 5.0.13.0
Win32 Version: 5.0.1321.56701
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Windows.Forms.Primitives
Assembly Version: 5.0.13.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/System.Windows.Forms.Primitives.dll
System.ComponentModel.Primitives
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.ComponentModel.Primitives.dll
System.Runtime.InteropServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Runtime.InteropServices.dll
System.Drawing.Primitives
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Drawing.Primitives.dll
System.Collections.Specialized
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Collections.Specialized.dll
System.Console
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Console.dll
System.Drawing.Common
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.2
Win32 Version: 5.0.1221.52207
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/System.Drawing.Common.dll
System.Threading
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Threading.dll
System.Diagnostics.TraceSource
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Diagnostics.TraceSource.dll
System.Collections
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Collections.dll
AssetsTools.NET
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jason/Desktop/1/UAAE%202/AssetsTools.NET.dll
netstandard
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/netstandard.dll
Microsoft.Win32.Primitives
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll
System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.ComponentModel.EventBasedAsync.dll
System.Threading.Thread
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Threading.Thread.dll
Accessibility
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/Accessibility.dll
System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.dll
Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents
Win32 Version: 5.0.20.51904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.dll
System.Collections.Concurrent
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Collections.Concurrent.dll
System.Runtime.Extensions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Runtime.Extensions.dll
System.ComponentModel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.ComponentModel.dll
System.Memory
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Memory.dll
System.Buffers
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Buffers.dll
System.Resources.Extensions
Win32 Version: 5.0.20.51904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App/5.0.13/System.Resources.Extensions.dll
System.ObjectModel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.ObjectModel.dll
System.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Linq.dll
System.Collections.NonGeneric
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll
System.IO.FileSystem
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.IO.FileSystem.dll
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll
System.Text.RegularExpressions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Text.RegularExpressions.dll
Mono.Cecil
Assembly Version: 0.11.3.0
Win32 Version: 0.11.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jason/Desktop/1/UAAE%202/Mono.Cecil.dll
Texture
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jason/Desktop/1/UAAE%202/Plugins/Texture.dll
System.Private.Uri
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Private.Uri.dll
System.Diagnostics.StackTrace
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.dll
System.Reflection.Metadata
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Reflection.Metadata.dll
System.Collections.Immutable
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Collections.Immutable.dll
System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles.dll
System.IO.Compression
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.IO.Compression.dll
System.Text.Encoding.Extensions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/5.0.13/System.Text.Encoding.Extensions.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

Viggy

Jan 5, 2019
I replaced that file in Asset Bundle Extractor 1.0, Asset Bundle Extractor 2.2 and it doesn't work.
I also replaced it in Assets Advanced Editor 1.0, doesn't work and
Assets Advanced Editor 1.2 which I still get errors.
I guess I will have to wait for the guy to release the next version of Assets Advanced Editor
and hope he fixes allot of the bugs with the newer unity versions so for now
I'M just out of luck for modding assets.
I stopped using that when I found out about - it's much better in every way IMO.

Edit: Check out this as well if you wish to further edit your Unity games.

Last edited:

jayblack7575

Jan 30, 2022
I stopped using that when I found out about - it's much better in every way IMO.

Edit: Check out this as well if you wish to further edit your Unity games.
The problem with asset studio though is you can import back after you mod them so it's really useless
and that version fails to load allot of assets (MonoBehaviour over 500 not loaded) for newer unity versions
and for Asset Studio .net6.v0.16.21 (MonoBehaviour 6 not loaded).
I will check out unity explorer.
Thanks viggy.

jayblack7575

Jan 30, 2022
You didn't explain how to use unity explorer, it is just dll files and no exe.
What else do I need? I didn't know about unity explorer so I don't know how to use it.
Please give links to other things I need.
Thanks

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote