Blender Bodyparts moving together

goatwhisperer3

Jul 22, 2017
Hello.

This is my first time in this section of the site (I usually lurk for games.....) but today i decided to download blender and fool around with it.

Disclaimer:
I am fully aware, that this whole thing is no "Download some assets, make some clicks and with the help of computermagic you get a blockbuster movie in a minute"
I downloaded the "introduction to blender" videos from one of the post and will probably spend some time with youtube in the following...days? weeks? Not sure yet.
But maybe someone can help me out anyway.

I checked for models. Got more or less the first thing google spit out (hermione from smutbase), appended her in and tried to get a very very general understanding of the software.
In pose mode, I noticed that the arms/legs are moving symmetric.
If I move the left arm, the right one moves too and vice versa. Same for the legs. That makes it impossible for example to only lift one leg.

My uneducated guess is that it's connected to that whole "parenting" thing. So i cleared pretty much any parenting i could find (related to the arms/legs) but nothing changed.

tldr: How can I make it so only one limb moves? Making your own bones might be a solution but they are probably already there for a reason^^

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.