Cannot locate basic info data

Alp Er Tunga

Sep 17, 2018
Hello, I've been getting this error in so many games. I couldn't figure out a solution.
I tried changing the location to Japan, Using locale emulator, creating folders named basic data, deleting the japanese texts and font files, changing its location to desktop and none of them worked
but they do work when i open them straight from winrar so what should I do?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Did you move the game folder somewhere else, so that there aren't special characters like (ü) in the full path (e.g. Masaüstü)?
RPG Maker games are especially picky.

Reactions: Alp Er Tunga

Alp Er Tunga

Sep 17, 2018
Did you move the game folder somewhere else, so that there aren't special characters like (ü) in the full path (e.g. Masaüstü)?
RPG Maker games are especially picky.
yea now i tried to do it and it worked i guess that was the problem but damn that sucks haha thank you though

Reactions: scrumbles

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Hello, I've been getting this error in so many games. I couldn't figure out a solution.
I tried changing the location to Japan, Using locale emulator, creating folders named basic data, deleting the japanese texts and font files, changing its location to desktop and none of them worked
but they do work when i open them straight from winrar so what should I do?
Alp Er Tunga if you haven't already, please ensure that you report this thread and mark it as 'solved' in the report comment so that a moderator can move it over to the 'Solved' thread for closing off/request hygiene purposes. Thanks!

1708025255738.png

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
nothing prevents you from reporting it solved. easier than educating everyone ^^
Well, yes, I have begun to report them myself, thank you very much. Have done so a few times already.

In any event, it is in the best interest of the OP to report the thread themselves as they were the ones to create the thread/ask in the first place. Check the guidelines. That is not my responsibility to do so.

1708107619638.png

When "your" problem has been solved, and guess whose problem that was to begin with? The OPs who posed the question themselves initially.

So instead of wasting your time trying to play the fool and be a wise cracking genius, kindly educate yourself on the guidelines. Have a great rest of your day/week ahead.

Alp Er Tunga

Sep 17, 2018
Well, yes, I have begun to report them myself, thank you very much. Have done so a few times already.

In any event, it is in the best interest of the OP to report the thread themselves as they were the ones to create the thread/ask in the first place. Check the guidelines. That is not my responsibility to do so.

View attachment 3360211

When "your" problem has been solved, and guess whose problem that was to begin with? The OPs who posed the question themselves initially.

So instead of wasting your time trying to play the fool and be a wise cracking genius, kindly educate yourself on the guidelines. Have a great rest of your day/week ahead.
alright i did it

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020

View attachment 3360211

woke up on the wrong side of the bed? it was a friendly suggestion. and lol you're lecturing me on the guidelines when you admit already doing what i suggested.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
when you admit already doing what i suggested
Yeah, even when that's not something I was originally meant to do (moreso the responsibility of the OP), I still decided to be a conscientious individual and be proactive in helping out others by reporting the thread as "resolved" instead of sitting here making wiseguy remarks :sneaky:

Better vigilance makes for a more informed community. Not sitting idly by and just flapping one's gums all the time without taking the initiative to do something about the situation.

Alp Er Tunga Thank you for reporting it my friend, much appreciate it! :) Glad that your problem has been resolved and have a great rest of your day.

Reactions: Alp Er Tunga