Ren'Py Daz Blender Daz3d and Blender

java3d

Aug 15, 2020
Hallo everyone,
Am new here i am trying to make my first game using Ren'py, however i am using just a laptop at the moment. but still am trying to make as high quality scenes as possible.
I am using Blender but i am trying to use the Genesis 8 Chars from Daz3d , i could transfer the character using the daztoblender bridge but i get an error every time i try transfer character equipped with female genitalia.
hair , animation , clothes work just not the genitalia.
any one know a way to add a working genetailia to the transferred character in blender? or a way to do this at all, and does the genetailia has collosion effect or do i have to adjuist the character when animating it, thanks!!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
First, this would be a really good question to ask over on the Daz3d Blender forum.

Second, and this is totally me guessing in the dark:

The "anatomical elements", as they like to euphemistically call them, are "geografts," in the sense that they actually replace portions of the original G8F mesh. Well, technically, they "hide" them, they don't "replace" them. But this does cause problems for various types of processing that assumes that the G8 mesh is exactly the G8 mesh.

So, one thing you could potentially try is to "unhide" the hidden portions of the G8 mesh. I think you can do that with the Geometry Editor tool - select the G8F figure in the scene, right-click, and "show all polygons." It might be that once this has been done, the Blender exporter might recognize the "anatomical elements" as something like clothing.

As I said, I haven't tried this, so it's sheer speculation. But the forums might be able to help you.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You should try with Daz importer, it does a better job than the official Daz2Blender bridge and is regularly updated.

Iirc you have to merge both meshes ( version, version).

Reactions: java3d

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
What Rich said is right, usually what happens with importing into blender is, since the genitals are geograph, meaning they just hide the original mesh and add a new one, what you are probably seeing is, a body mesh, and two genital mesh, one that matches the quality of the body, and other lower-resolution one that kinda floats away from the body.

Usually what I have to do is, selecting the two genital meshes, I have to transfer the uv map from the low res mesh to the high res mesh (though you may have to select things backwards just due to how the transfer uv command works in blender).
the reason for this is because the lower res mesh is meant to use a new image that holds the texture for the genitals, covering up the other mesh. But that doesn't really work well in blender, so we'll just have to transfer the image to the high quality mesh and blend them together using fancy shader nodes.

with the body mesh, delet all the vertexes that exactly match where the edge of the genital mesh is. with that you can then finish and delete the remaining vertexes so that the area for the genitals is clear. then you click the genital mesh then the body mesh and join the object ctrl+j, and then in edit mode, reconnect all the faces so that you patch the genital mesh into the body mesh.

What you will have is one unified mesh for the body with genitals, but you will have a lot of matterials for differenrt parts of the body, you will then have a second set of redundent materials, like torso.001, you can delete those as they are not being used by the mesh (they are left over from combining the genital mesh). then you have the genital materials. Its a whole compliated mess.

I'm trying to get daz to bridge work because someone else asked for help with import issues, but I have yet to get it working on my system yet. But I would also recommend Diffeomorphic, which no_name originally introduced me to.

java3d

Aug 15, 2020
thank you all , yea it worked both ways, diffeomorphic is a great tool , i am using it right now ,sofar all good transfering whole modells to blender since its faster to rend than daz, now am trying to figur out how todo the animation transfer, with diffeomorphic it transfer the single pose , but sofar i tried yet it didnt work on transferring animation, any idea on that?
thanks again for fast rply great help

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
thank you all , yea it worked both ways, diffeomorphic is a great tool , i am using it right now ,sofar all good transfering whole modells to blender since its faster to rend than daz, now am trying to figur out how todo the animation transfer, with diffeomorphic it transfer the single pose , but sofar i tried yet it didnt work on transferring animation, any idea on that?
thanks again for fast rply great help
Can't help you there I barely made any animations :whistle:

java3d

Aug 15, 2020
i found a posible solution ,
BVH Retargeter
its another great tool and easy to use for importing BVH type animation directly to blender

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
i found a posible solution ,
BVH Retargeter
its another great tool and easy to use for importing BVH type animation directly to blender
Yes, that will definitely help. Part of the challenge, however is situations where one skeleton has, say, three bones, and the other has only two. Hard to do the mapping properly in that case.

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
Just as a note. The Daz to Blender bridge only works with Daz genitalia. Anything based on geographs will throw the error box when you import to blender. Why they did this i don't know but it is intentional. Before the addon was bought by Daz all genitalia worked.

For F95 stuffs. Diffeomorphic is the way to go for a Daz to Blender pipeline