Game idea - F-Mondays any takers?

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys

So while I have been in the community for a short time I have been lurking for quite a while and ironically I found my recent interest in sexy games while I was working on art and story-writing for a not-lewd indie game that never went anywhere after the main guy decided to find himself.

I have been browsing around and because I am insufferable started getting ideas for a game that I have started calling "F-Mondays" centered around a guy from IT who wants to bang his co workers. Oddly enough I have fleshed out quite a bit of my ideas down to the daily schedule of the characters, ideas about their storylines and personalities as well as the mechanics I want to use etc.

I feel like I might be onto a decent one and I was thinking I'd really like to do it with Ren'Py since modding those games for fun has gotten me decently familiar with how to work in it and my fav's as of late are all Ren'Py.

I'm posting because I wanted to get a feel from you lovely lovely people on how I should/could pursue this and if the idea sounds fun. The PRIMARY reason I am posting is because I am god damn mother fucking sick of building 2d assets with adobe, its probably the old ass version I am stuck on but I am tired of brushes doing whatever they feel like today etc. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions of decent illustration software that won't make me want to kill myself and that isn't going to work only if I have a drawing pad... I had one once I don't have the cash at the moment but something that isn't a total nightmare to use without one would be nice.

I'm choosing 2d because while 2 of my top3 favorites are 3d I'm too much of a DIYer and I have specific visions in my head. A confession, I come from fine art styles that don't translate too well into this kinda stuff and it has worked pretty well so far but I need to find a good style so any input on preferences like model ratios, more vs less cartoony etc would be appreciated.

Thanks all Zen out--

dunhill

May 3, 2017
Zen i don't want to be a dick but to me that sound a bit boring for a concept or a rip off of some games like the Gift reloaded (the original one) and their was this other game exactly like that where you worked in an office but it was canceled.. again i don't know the story you're writing so i'll just be talking through my ass here.... :pancakeMix:

also it would be cool to see a more cartoon type art style... :D:D

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
Zen i don't want to be a dick but to me that sound a bit boring for a concept or a rip off of some games like the Gift reloaded (the original one) and their was this other game exactly like that where you worked in an office but it was canceled.. again i don't know the story you're writing so i'll just be talking through my ass here.... :pancakeMix:

also it would be cool to see a more cartoon type art style... :D:D
Fair enough, I actually didn't quite enjoy the Gift Reloaded too much, I was thinking something more along the lines of Lab Rats or Glassix as far as allowing an open narrative. The biggest difference as far as the office theme that I wanted to go for isn't really the stuffy everyone in a suit kind of office where you have a boss and two hot co workers while the secretary humps your leg, I wanted to include characters from multiple departments who have their own personality and traits and stuff like that.

What would you say would make an office theme more interesting? I have some ideas but I would actually like to know what others feel about it

It needs to have a theme tune.

Holy shit, I love the idea!

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
Office theme... hmmm.

• You could work a power dynamic and find a way to take over the business.
  • Turn it into an post-apocalyptic narrative where you're stuck with your co-workers during the end times.
  • Go full on Die Hard...
  • Mystery where the MC discovers something evil afoot in the basement...
  • A Family business...
  • Hiring new employees with a casting couch...
  • Go Postal...

Reactions: Malkav and dunhill

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
Office theme... hmmm.

• You could work a power dynamic and find a way to take over the business.
  • Turn it into an post-apocalyptic narrative where you're stuck with your co-workers during the end times.
  • Go full on Die Hard...
  • Mystery where the MC discovers something evil afoot in the basement...
  • A Family business...
  • Hiring new employees with a casting couch...
  • Go Postal...
lol, they are awesome ideas!

I like the fact that you want to draw the images and not do the generic DAZ3D renders

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
He begins dating a girl with the last name "Munday" or "Monday". :D
Her family likes him a little too much?

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
If you want to do an office situation , you're characters are your story.
Each of your characters should be a unique type of person.
I you ever been on a office floor, you can find those types.
Now you just magnify there good and bad sides and you're off.

F.e. You always have the guy who wants to be funny, but isn't.
The guy/women who is nosy and wants to know every little gossip.
Then someone who is unsure of him/herself. Maybe even bullied
The oddball, who doens't fit in and actually doenst even try.
The guy who doenst actually work, but pretends he is doing.
Maybe a person who is naieve, then a very manipulate one and so on.

Last but not least a boss who rule them all, maybe even has a right hand who nobady likes, etc

Whenever you finish this, you just let all of your people meet eachother and stories/confrontations should come automatically.
Of course you need to add your eyecandy as well. A secretary wit nice legs, an ugly duck who is actually a very pretty girl, without her glasses, (i know cliché)
An over attached milf, go as crazy as you want. The officefloor can handle it.

Reactions: dunhill

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
I definitely appreciate all the feedback and ideas. @89tasker going postal is actually a better idea than what I had originally come up with. I think that's a good motivation for the mc to start trying to sleep with everyone and blackmail them. Rather than him simply being a horny bastard who manipulates everyone at a new job for no reason. Maybe have the first two weeks or so in game paint him as the whipping boy before "the discovery" I have planned. ;)

@Derover I THINK I have done a decent job at giving each girl a decent personality and each have their own traits and special features. I'll see if I can get a cg I can live with and see if I can introduce one or two of them. See what you guys think but the depth will need to be expanded on for sure

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys! I have been making progress on this thing and it is coming along quite well so far have some art i am happy with and alot laid out thus far. My biggest question now is about the speed of corruption in corruption games.

How do you guys feel about this? I tend to get really frustrated with games that it happens way too fast like witch trainer and lab rats. I find myself tweaking thing in those games to slow them down. I like to experience every possible option in a corruption gameand all of its iterations and it really bums me out when my progress goes up so fast that I miss things or the options I really want are so easy to unlock I don't get to build enough tension for it to pay off when I do unlock it.

But on the other hand it's frustrating to feel like it takes forever to get anywhere so what is a good opinion on how to approach it on mine?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
While I will admit corruption isn't really my thing so don't have great insight but the few I have played have either been too quick or too slow.

As long as it doesn't take half a year I can live with it.

Reactions: Zenathos815

Zenathos815

Jul 26, 2017
Yeah ultimately it's irritating when it takes forever but if. It's too fast you don't get to explore your options very much before the whole thing moves on without you. Maybe there is s good way to implement both? Or maybe add mechanisms in the corruption method that allows the player to speed it up or slow it down at their own will. Like an action that will purposefully add a more that doesn't require grinding too much