• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine - Hilichurl's Girl [v0.0.23] [LilCocogoat]

1. 3.00 star(s)

JoeTermin

Many good ideas for a game, but there are too many fundamental problems and I don't think the dev will have the ability to fix them. This is very unfortunate because the 1st person POV is a great idea.

Pros:
    + First-person POV is a unique idea and could carry the game by itself because it's so original and immersive.
    + Horror ambience and monster design is well done. The game is creepy.

Cons:
    - Lighting is terrible (the problem is not just that it's dark, but it's completely unrealistic, the torch barely lightens anything, and all the lights look pre-rendered. You can do such beautiful lighting with EU5, why does it look like a 2001 Gamecube game?)
    - Everything looks too low resolution and lacks details. The grain filter is bad. The girl model has too low res, you can clearly see the polygons during sex, the animations are poor and have no creampie. It seems like the developer runs on a very bad PC with low graphics.
    - Game teleports you to a sex room on game over. Why can it not use the current location where you got caught? I know it would be technically more difficult, but for now it's like watching a glorified gallery.
    - The 1st person view does not make the girl model very hot to look at. Usually in 3D games, watching your girl walk is erotic by itself. You need to find a way to make the 1st POV more appealing, maybe there should be boob giggle physics or something.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Birdie

Review written as of version 0.0.23

A good, simple premise, with quite a lot of potential. Submissive POV games are quite rare to find, and while there isn't much content yet at time of writing, what's here gives me quite a lot of hope that this could become something very enjoyable in the future.

I will, however, echo a few of the criticisms others have raised; the game is DARK-- literally, you can't see shit, even with a fully-upgraded torch. This, combined with the strange muffling effect on the sounds that the monsters make, causes it to be very difficult to actually detect the threats around you, detracting from the horror angle somewhat. I can't creep around in fear if I don't know there's a monster, and since I'll never actually know the monster is there until it's already chasing me, why bother hiding from it when I could just sprint across the map grabbing loot?

Additionally, I think the penalty for defeat is a bit harsh, especially since getting defeated is the main method by which you can view H-scenes. Contrary to popular opinion, I think lewd-on-defeat is a perfectly acceptable design, but losing all of your hard-earned upgrades the moment a monster catches you makes me question why I should be bothering with upgrades in the first place. It might be a better idea to allow the player a chance to go back and recover their upgrades after getting caught, a bit like bloodstains in the Dark Souls series.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

eleg

Female POV games are rare. It just needs a little bit of sound and visual work with variations. Other than that, it's just a matter of time when this game hits top 50 on this site. Looking forward to this developer.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Dqngoke

Unique little game, would love more animations (optional third person?) and maybe a liiiittle less dark but other than that, a first person horror H game is actually pretty refreshing. Good on you dev! Looking forward to future updates