Daz How to fix this Mangled Mess of a hand?

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
Apply poses and suddenly this happens to the hands.
If I Zero out the pose it fixes it but then I try to apply a hand pose again and the fingers get all wonky
Any suggestions?
Mangled Mess.jpg Mangled Mess 2.jpg

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Quick fix :
  1. Select your character in your scene,
  2. Tools > Joint Editor OR Alt + Shift + J OR Opens the 'Tools Settings' tab and in the 'Active Tool:' drop-down list, select 'Joint Editor',
  3. Right click on your character and select in the menu that appears Edit > Adjust Rigging To Shape...
  4. Accept with Adjust Orientation uncheked.
Note that this can have, shall we say, strange results, depending on the current pose.
The ideal thing to do would be to put your character back in the default pose and go through the steps above.

And, of course, you'll have to do it again every time you close/open Daz...

Normal fix (recommended if you're going to use this character in lots of future scenes) :

This video more or less sums it all up. You need to do this in an empty scene, save your character in your personal library and then add it to the scene you were working on in your screenshot.

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
It could also be an issue due to having the min/max settings unlocked and applied multiple sliders. Basically fingers aren't designed to go 702 degrees around their axis and stuff can happen. Try applying a zero preset on the hand and make sure any applied slider is also zero'd.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for the help. I'll try this out next time it happens. I already used another pose with the hand to avoid the issue. Wasn't what I wanted but whatever. Next time everything will work out great. :)
Pose is not a problem. You use morphs with incorrect joints.
Saint is right. Adjusting rigging to shape should help, but only with this particular pose. If you want to fix model you must adjust rigging in zero pose, without any hidden jmc morphs. Anyway it fix model untill you change morphs (not pose).
You should:
- pose your figure to zero,
- switch on "edit mode" in "parameters" tab,
- set unfixed morph to 1 (or 100%)
- adjust rigging (according to tips above)
- select morph "Erc freeze" and and accept all.
- fixed morph save as => support asset => morph asset
Your morph should works correct every time when you load figure.