Unreal Engine Daz Import Gen8 Nude Char into UE4

cippirimerlo

Jan 31, 2019
Hi all

I've been trying for a long time to import a nude female character from Daz3D into Unreal Engine 4.

After many attempts, I got my best result with a standard female character with Golden Palace Gens for G8 (and send it to unreal engine with daz to unreal Bridge); however some of the texture of the genitals are very clear (as in the image below).
Where am I doing wrong? Anyone can help me?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
That is caused by the golden palace shell. I know, the shell adds some details, but for the sake of testing, try with just the golden palace gen graft, but no shell. I'm sure it will work. Let me know otherwise.

cippirimerlo

Jan 31, 2019
Nope. I tried with same character but applied only GoldenPalace (no shell applied) and i have same result: genititalia textures very clear.
And in all case first time i import character into unreal engine 4, genitalia are grey (textures are missing) and i need to load manually.

Last edited:

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Well, I just tried, as I have done before, and it worked, and the textures should be applied automatically when importing into ue4.

Just no shell, and export as fbx from daz. And further texture editing will be needed to add the shell details that are missing (the red/pink areas).

cippirimerlo

Jan 31, 2019
Well, I just tried, as I have done before, and it worked, and the textures should be applied automatically when importing into ue4.

Just no shell, and export as fbx from daz. And further texture editing will be needed to add the shell details that are missing (the red/pink areas).

Sorry for late response. I tried many and many and many time but no result... Now... there is two possibilities. The first: i'm totally idiot... :-D The second: The import/export settings in ue4/daz3d are wrong in my case... You use the standard settings in either software?

edit: i used daz3d 4.15 last version, with ue4 4.26.2 and bridge 4.2.0.40. In daz exported settings that i used are fbx 2014 binary

Last edited: