ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Schnaps is new to me but Beer is our go to drink normaly not in that extent like the russians with vodka but in a simular fashion ^^
Maybe it was something my ancestors got into after coming to the US - German farmers for the most part. And schnaps was medicinal in my grandparents' house (they still spoke German). Of course, bourbon and brandy were also frequently used in the same ways. :LOL:

Reactions: Dimitri57

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
Maybe it was something my ancestors got into after coming to the US - German farmers for the most part. And schnaps was medicinal in my grandparents' house (they still spoke German). Of course, bourbon and brandy were also frequently used in the same ways. :LOL:
At least not nowadays. In my grandparent's generation (and keep in mind that I'm already kinda old by AVN standards...) it was customary to offer one schnapps to 'official' visitors, like the doctor or the chimney sweeper. Also handymen were treated that way. But not as nearly as excessive as in Eastern European countries. At least unless the visitor is personally known and liked, but that's another story... and it's not really common anymore.

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
i have to correct myself there... in nothern germany its still a thing with the "schnaps" or "Korn" in this case.. its a high percent, shot kinda like drink..

Here is an Example:

View attachment 3554454
Yuck.. Berentzen is hardly better then moonshine like stuff made by people who have little understanding of distilling....

Dimitri57 please approve that this discussion is valid research for LRH and of course in no way off topic ;)

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
i have to correct myself there... in nothern germany its still a thing with the "schnaps" or "Korn" in this case.. its a high percent, shot kinda like drink..

Here is an Example:

View attachment 3554454
Mmmm German Apple Korn. I spent 2 weeks in Germany every six week for two years. I don't think I sobered up the two weeks I was there.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
has been nice update so far with plenty of funnies and obvious (aka dumb) questions, main story advances slowly but at least that allows mc to have time with his future old ladies. i hope willow becomes more confident in future.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

luci4n0

Nov 9, 2020
Anyone in particular you are looking for? :unsure:
I wanted to know if in future updates there will be content and continue the relationship of these, like Anya, Jessi's half sister, Charly and Ashley and other women who only made a few appearances like nikki's friend and I apologize if I don't know the names of the characters, I'm horrible at remembering names. XD

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Here is an Example:

View attachment 3554454
Wonder if the band knows about this drink. :unsure:;):LOL:
Mmmm German Apple Korn. I spent 2 weeks in Germany every six week for two years. I don't think I sobered up the two weeks I was there.
If you're familiar with Pratchett and Discworld, I wonder if that's the inspiration for "scumble".:ROFLMAO:

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
So we're talkin' vodka and no one shares their favorite brands? For shame. A buddy of mine turned me on to Luksusowa a while back, and while Polish potato vodkas often have a bad reputation, it's pretty hard to beat at the price point. Price has been creeping up over the years, to the point that it's 50% more than it was 4ish years ago (though what isn't?), but people seem to have caught on because it's sold out often where I am. Had to switch to Wheatley, which is fine.

As an aside, Tito's is dogass and Kirkland's yabba dabba doo bottle of American corn liquor that they're calling vodka is just as good (if not better) for half the price. The French is slightly better, though more expensive, but I'm not enough of a savage to pound straight vodka so it all comes out in the wash.

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Hmm.. If it's savage to pound straight vodka, what is it if you pound straight tequila?
I feel like Tequila is more of a shot oriented liquor. Don't get me wrong, I can think of a few mixers off the top of my noggin; Tequila sunrise, bloody Maria, margaritas, however there's a whole ritual around doing Tequila shots and I don't think anyone would refer to it as a "neutral spirit", like how Vodka is often referenced.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I feel like Tequila is more of a shot oriented liquor. Don't get me wrong, I can think of a few mixers off the top of my noggin; Tequila sunrise, bloody Maria, margaritas, however there's a whole ritual around doing Tequila shots and I don't think anyone would refer to it as a "neutral spirit", like how Vodka is often referenced.
Try drinkin straight from the bottle and pound it like this. Those were the days.

• Wow
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Try drinkin straight from the bottle and pound it like this. Those were the days.
I did that once with a bottle of Captain Morgan and woke up at 3am to puke up blood. Feel like I got most of my desire to binge drink out of the way during that time period, which, ironically, was before I was even legally old enough to buy my own liquor. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I did that once with a bottle of Captain Morgan and woke up at 3am to puke up blood. Feel like I got most of my desire to binge drink out of the way during that time period, which, ironically, was before I was even legally old enough to buy my own liquor. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah. Durin my uni days I ended up in the hospital due to alcohol poisoning, not just once, but 3 times. Not fun.

4.40 star(s) 123 Votes