• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Looking for a DAZ3d artist.(Prototype inside)

Quonix

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
No longer looking for an artist, I'd like to thank everyone that offered their help. The position has been filled.

Hey there, my name is Quonix and I've been a lurker on here for a year now, mostly just downloading games. A month or two ago I decided to make my own game, and now I have realized that it will be next to impossible since my toaster can't handle the rendering in a reasonable amount of time. Even in 800x600 the images come out grainy and shitty even after 16 hours of rendering a room with no characters in it.

So, I decided to look for a DAZ3d artist on here. I will be handling the coding and the patreon page, along with a big part of the story writing (I'll have to bounce ideas off of you, my brain works better that way.)

The story is about 18 year old Liam, who lives alone since his father is on business abroad, one day his father's childhood friend Lucy and her two daughters Emma and Sarah move in with the MC because of financial issues after Lucy's husband died and she couldn't handle the bills on her own. This is the story of how Liam deals with this new change in his life.

The game will contain no incest, as in not even incest patches. I might be persuaded to change my mind regarding that if you can help me come up with a better introduction/story.

The gameplay will be similar to big brother regarding stats, movement, and the way the story progresses. I could write an essay about why that's the best way that the gameplay should be.(I'll go into details regarding that and any other questions that you may have in private once we make the deal.)

The patreon money will be divided 50-50 until we reach 8k, at 10k we will hire a writer as I plan on really branching the story and we will need more help with that, from there onwards we will hire people based on what we need and what we can afford.

I don't plan on making only one game or dragging it out, we will try to push content as fast as possible while still maintaining high quality regarding story, renders, and code(as in as few bugs as possible.)

As you can see I've already decided how the game should be regarding these things:

Dialogue(Talking heads on the left, no names unless the MC is using the phone, then a name will be displayed under a phone image)
Choices(On the right side of the dialogue box)
Color of buttons/text buttons(This may be changed)
The way the varying menus should work(Graphics will be changed)
Resolution(1920x1080, 16:9)
The way the story will progress
Stats(Which will influence the outcome of choices)
Missions(As a way of showing to the player how far along they are and what they must do next, while at the same time not babysitting the player)
Story(We will actually decide together whether we should use my story, or a different one)
The pacing of the story
Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night system
24 Hours 7 Days system
Items/Inventory
Phone
Laptop
Money

I hope this gives you an idea of what I am aiming for, if you have any questions you may contact me in private or in this thread, having a couple indoor renders to show is a bonus. As a sidenote, I am looking for someone to work with me, not for me.

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
If you have startup cash I'd HIGHLY recommend using a website called paperspace, basically renting a machine to render with.

If you can pose and position on your own machine it'll definitely be worth looking into, it costs $7(ish) for the machine ( per month ) and then something like $0.18 per hour depending on which machine you choose.

I can do around 2-300 renders a month and it only costs me like $70.

If you think about it, only $70 a month is way better than splitting your patreon money with someone, especially if you get up to 1-2k a month.

Quonix

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
If you have startup cash I'd HIGHLY recommend using a website called paperspace, basically renting a machine to render with.

If you can pose and position on your own machine it'll definitely be worth looking into, it costs $7(ish) for the machine ( per month ) and then something like $0.18 per hour depending on which machine you choose.

If you think about it, only $70 a month is way better than splitting your patreon money with someone, especially if you get up to 1-2k a month.
The problem is that I can neither pose nor position on my machine, it is way too laggy and setting up lights/posing and making custom rooms would take way too long. Besides, having a good artist will always pay off in the long run. Pushing updates in a reasonable amount of time is one of the most important things for being successful as an adult game developer.

Quonix

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 21, 2017
Here is the prototype for the game, it will show you what I am trying to go for with the game, the images are placeholders and the varying menus will be changed.

Windows:
Mac:

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
Smart. Very smart. I like that you identify a potential weakness and the value of having a co-person helping. @PingPanda - I never knew such a thing existed as paperspace! Tho I like my computer, I bookmarked their page as this is really interesting and valuable info - thank you!

Quonix, a childhood friend and daughters is easily transformed into Auntie and Cousins if you want, but it is smart to not have incest specifically for Patreon censor.

'Story(We will actually decide together whether we should use my story, or a different one)' You obviously have a story in mind, don't give that up!
WIll Dad be coming to visit from time to time or is the story only Son and 3 female centered? It is an interesting idea - looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Why Resolution(1920x1080, 16:9) ? I am curious why, I am relative noob at rendering and always learning.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017

i didnt know something like this existed, care to explain more on how it works?

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
i didnt know something like this existed, care to explain more on how it works?
It basically works like a 2nd high spec machine.

There's no limit ( as far as I know ) of how many machines you can have.

You simply register an account, start the machine and it'll look like a normal PC desktop, install daz & your daz library and start rendering, posing is a bit of a bitch in it though but it is possible, you just need to use the dials and key binds.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Malkovichi