[R>Programmer] Paid Looking for Renpy coder to code gallery/replay some extra see inside

Cookie Kiss

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2023
Project:
- Mastering the Pink Box - 0.04 (Patron), 0.03 (Public).

Developer:
- Me, Cookie Kiss.

Looking for:
- Ren'Py/Python coder (v 7.4.11.2266)

Employment Type:
- Paid - Depending on what we agree upon, and the quality of what is done.

Work commitment:
- One off project. Once we've discussed everything. I need to know how long it will take, and must be able to keep decent contact.

Preferred method of contact:
- PM Here

Job Description:
  • Looking for someone to code a proper gallery/replay function that fits my game and it is easily maintainable.
  • A screen to change MC name along with other character names and or variable names/options (Maybe a different screen for that). All the names have variables already.
  • A screen that I can easily add names to for a Special Thanks screen. (Maybe it just reads from a list or something.)
  • I might have some other fixes I'd like you to look at depending on the speed and price. We can discuss later. Like a bug in my phone code. I'm not sure how to trace stuff in Renpy.

Additional comments:
- I can do basic coding. All of this is something I could do/figure out if given enough time. But depending on cost, I'd much rather just pay someone else to do it and focus on the game play than to mess around trying to figure it out. I have only 7 Patrons at the moment of writing this, so I can't really afford to pay what you likely deserve, so any help is appreciated.
I try to get out a release as close to every month as possible., and would like to have this done in my next release. Though depending on time frame to complete what I'm asking maybe the release after.

CK

hiro_san

Jul 22, 2023
define H = Character("[mcname]",who_color="#0066CC", what_color="#66B2FF")

label start:

"Hello."
"What is your name?"
$ mcname = renpy.input("Your name is...", default = "Hiro")
$ mcname = mcname.strip()
if mcname == "":
$ mcname = "Hiro"
else:
pass
H "[mcname]..."
H "My name is [mcname]..."

return

Cookie Kiss

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2023
hiro_san Thanks. This part I knew. I meant more like a screen with a text box with multiple other characters. I sort of know how to do that. But getting the text lined up properly is a PITA.

Thank you for taking the time to look through though, and giving me some input.

CK

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Honestly? It's not really worth paying someone for. You could have a good running gallery in just a few days, maybe even quicker if you open up another AVN and look at the gallery code to see how other devs do it, or just straight up asking a dev with a gallery how they made it.

Cookie Kiss

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2023
Maybe once I have a sec I'll try and look at it again. I get the screens work like CSS. Once you understand that learning vbox and hbox is pretty simple. But if I could pay someone say $50 to do it all for me. I'd much rather do that and keep working on my story.
Then I can actually offer more to higher tier patrons.
Right now, I still have a full time job. So finding time to work on this isn't easy. I'm already at any spare time I have. I'm working on either writing or rendering. Or now that patron has changed the image sizes. I really need to redo those. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me.

Reactions: MissFortune

jujuju33

Dec 17, 2018
Maybe once I have a sec I'll try and look at it again. I get the screens work like CSS. Once you understand that learning vbox and hbox is pretty simple. But if I could pay someone say $50 to do it all for me. I'd much rather do that and keep working on my story.
Then I can actually offer more to higher tier patrons.
Right now, I still have a full time job. So finding time to work on this isn't easy. I'm already at any spare time I have. I'm working on either writing or rendering. Or now that patron has changed the image sizes. I really need to redo those. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me.
Hello, Cookie Kiss, I'm a beginner ren'py developer. I can do the gallery and the "thank's list", however the name change screen may take a little more work, but I would still like to try. Can you talk to me on discord? my discord is: Iagos

Reactions: Cookie Kiss

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Project:
- Mastering the Pink Box - 0.04 (Patron), 0.03 (Public).

Developer:
- Me, Cookie Kiss.

Looking for:
- Ren'Py/Python coder (v 7.4.11.2266)

Employment Type:
- Paid - Depending on what we agree upon, and the quality of what is done.

Work commitment:
- One off project. Once we've discussed everything. I need to know how long it will take, and must be able to keep decent contact.

Preferred method of contact:
- PM Here

Job Description:
  • Looking for someone to code a proper gallery/replay function that fits my game and it is easily maintainable.
  • A screen to change MC name along with other character names and or variable names/options (Maybe a different screen for that). All the names have variables already.
  • A screen that I can easily add names to for a Special Thanks screen. (Maybe it just reads from a list or something.)
  • I might have some other fixes I'd like you to look at depending on the speed and price. We can discuss later. Like a bug in my phone code. I'm not sure how to trace stuff in Renpy.

Additional comments:
- I can do basic coding. All of this is something I could do/figure out if given enough time. But depending on cost, I'd much rather just pay someone else to do it and focus on the game play than to mess around trying to figure it out. I have only 7 Patrons at the moment of writing this, so I can't really afford to pay what you likely deserve, so any help is appreciated.
I try to get out a release as close to every month as possible., and would like to have this done in my next release. Though depending on time frame to complete what I'm asking maybe the release after.

CK
Been Dev for a while... I can do what you need. When do you need it?
Contact me on Discord if you can: shinydarkrai

Reactions: Cookie Kiss

hiro_san

Jul 22, 2023
define H = Character("[mcname]",who_color="#0066CC", what_color="#66B2FF")
define M = Character("[npcname]",who_color="#cc007e", what_color="#ff66ff")
default mcname = "Hiro"
default npcname = "Mariko"
label start:
centered "Hello."
call screen Mc_name
$ mcname = mcname.strip()
if mcname == "":
$ mcname = "Hiro"
else:
pass
$ npcname = npcname.strip()
if npcname == "":
$ npcname = "Mariko"
else:
pass
H "[mcname]..."
H "my name is [mcname]..."
M "[npcname]..."
M "my name is [npcname]..."
return
screen Mc_name():
vbox:
xalign 0.5
yalign 0.5
hbox:
text "What is your name? ":
at transform:
alpha 0
pause 0.5
linear 2 alpha 1.0
input default "Hiro":
at transform:
alpha 0
pause 0.5
linear 2.5 alpha 1.0
length 500
value VariableInputValue("mcname")
hbox:
text "What is her name? ":
at transform:
alpha 0
pause 0.5
linear 2 alpha 1.0
input default "Mariko":
at transform:
alpha 0
pause 0.5
linear 2.5 alpha 1.0
length 500
value VariableInputValue("npcname")
textbutton "OK":
xalign 0.5
yalign 0.5
at transform:
alpha 0
pause 0.5
linear 3 alpha 1.0
action [Hide("Mc_name"), Return()]
keysym ('K_RETURN', 'K_KP_ENTER')

Cookie Kiss

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2023
I'm good in this now. I've found a few people that I'm working with. Thank you for all those that replied.