Ren'Py - My Family Farm [v0.1.3 Public] [FarmGuy]

1. 2.00 star(s)

iron4doves

You've heard of sandbox games that should have been visual novels? This is one of the worst offenders. If there was no economy and if the guide was actually consistent (ie didn't tell you to do shit that you can't actually do, or didn't hide shit from you that you can actually do) this wouldn't be as bad as it is, but unfortunately this is not the case. Not to mention it doesn't seem to have a gallery?????? in 2024????? I've played this for 5 hours and yeah I've gotten some fair content - good animations and art, hit or miss soundtrack, but nothing I'd call rewarding. I shouldn't even be able to spend 5 hours straight in an H game. The only way that is possible is if the game sucks ass.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

PantsuHelm

At first the game seemed pretty high quality. The theme of makin a farm an fuckin your sister is so Alabama I'm sad no one in the game plays a banjo, but once I started playing a bit everything just felt... Dull.

The writing isn't particularly funny or interesting, but it is quite erratic and a bit annoying. One day a character will be your best friend, the next, they'll hate you and you won't be on talking terms, and vice versa. One day, the MC will set out to do everything in this power to help out the people closest to him, the next, he'll exploit the same people by forcing them to do something they're clearly deeply uncomfortable with for a profit. This makes a lot of characters annoying to be around, especially when the MC basically kind of a sociopath. Almost every character is extremely stubborn about one topic, and they often get agitated/extremely talkative if that topic is called upon, as if it's their only personality trait.

The game's open-world nature is quite a bit of a ruse. I mean sure you're free to go around the town, farm, and do whatever, but you need to do story events in a certain order, in a certain way, instead of just choosing what to do and who to hang out with whenever you want. This makes the gameplay loop less of a, "I'm free to do what I want," and more of a "what the fuck am I supposed to be doing right now...?"

Add on top of this boring H-scenes with no audio or the generic upbeat town theme (which at least got a laugh out of me) and you have what feels like a very uninspired game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Apea0

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect from this game going into it but it ended up being one of my favorites in a while. The writing is mostly clear and legible, the animations are good, and the KK models are all really well made. I would highly recommend playing with the cheat mod on, since some of the energy/money mechanics can be a little bit too grindy to bother with.

If any of the stand-out tags suit your fancy, this game will surely do it justice to some degree in my opinion! 9/10
  4. 5.00 star(s)

chief1045

After reaching the current end of the v0.1.2, I can say that this is quite a fun and intriguing game. The animation is quite flawless and a joy to watch, and the story got me curious for what comes next. Especially with the whole thing between the MC and Marian's parents issues of their relationship.

Though there a few things I wish to see for the future of this game, both improvement and new additions:
    1. A actual "gallery" to rewatch some of the scenes that isn't repeatable.
    2. Expanding some of the option of sex with some of the girls, specifically Marian as I feel the scene at the mountain should be repeatable
    3. The whole process of improving the produce quality should be easier or at least less amount of them to upgrade their grading, hopefully this means they produce more the better the quality.
    4. A way to improve the girl's milk production, feel sorry for Bia being unable to produce more than 3L of milk compare to the others that produce almost 3x that.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

illich

0.1.2 Already contains a lot of quality content. Beatiful art and animation.
    The story is better than in games of this type, but don't expect much from it.
    Now for the bad part. Travel system needs to be reworked, you can't find out if you can start an event before you travel (some of them depend on the time of day).
    Also making money grind. Not as bad as other games, but for me, the solution is cheats (tip for cheat: you can press "K" repeatedly and then select with the mouse.)
    I think the game is going in the right direction
  6. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1.2

Honestly I did not get very far. By the time I got dropped into the sandbox, I realized I just wasn't hooked enough to actually be bothered to start doing the farming mechanics.

The dialogue and humor is just kinda... funky. Some moments feel odd/forced, the pacing is a bit off, and the intro had a lot of what felt like plain unnecessary events before actually getting to what the game is about.

I do like the premise of a simple farm harem game, but this almost feels overly convoluted for no real reason. Not to say it's hard to understand, but again a lot of it just feels unnecessary. A meteor made of "everything that is expensive" has crashed into earth and essentially fudged the economy. Also our grandma died and we inherited her debts. Long story short the family sells everything and moves to a run down farm out in the sticks. Then we meet a local harvest goddess who is part of some goddess syndicate and is going to help our farm in exchange for making girls orgasm to give her power blah blah blah.

I'm just not invested. The characters and events aren't really complex enough for me to care about them I suppose. It all feels very surface level. Now maybe the game gets more enjoyable once you start delving into the sandbox, but nothing is making me want to do that in the first place. The game just ain't clicking with me.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Reviewing v0.1.2(?) or everything until the sandbox begins because that's when i gave up.

TL;DR: The game is overrated, and a major waste of time, the sandbox is confusing, the characters unlikeable, the humour is painful, the grammar is poor but readable but can be confusing for not-native english speakers. For those who want to genuinely play the game, the hint-system is not in the phone but in the calendar.

Pros

- The premise was interesting despite the oddities like the meteor stuff and the "divine syndicate" which are absurd but it's the plot, so i try to tolerate it(for me the premise is: a family moves to a farm and try to survive/pay off the debts, i don't really care for the details like the world-lore such as a meteor made of "everything that is expensive"...btw uranium is very expensive, and other toxic possibly radioactive minerals are expensive...but you don't see deathclaws or mutants XDXD)
    - You can choose between Good Guy Route and Bad Guy Route(so you can say that your choices matter)

Cons

- The plot got murdered by pretty much everything related to characters, their personalities, how they were planned, every single dialogue, lazy writing, characters that we should like but they're so lame and unpleasant, and if they're meant to be so unpleasant just to tempt the players to accept to brainwash the ladies, then good job dev, because there is no reason to be nice to these awful characters(and i'm referring mostly to MC's "family"), the characters are just too awful and annoying to let them live with their "mental freedom".

-MC is the butt of every single joke, dismissed, mistreated and disrespected constantly even by those who say that they care about him. This MC could be likeable if he did react or called out people for treating him like a problem, like Bianca when MC is so weak that he can't walk(because he ploughed the field all day long until he fainted) but she drops him on the floor as soon as she sees the pumpkins and the other sister and his own mom walk over him(literally) and ignore him for like 5 lines of dialogue. Sorry but humour at a character's expense (even more when we should relate to such character or at least cheer for his success) will never be funny, insisting will make it look straight up bully.

- The graphic is very simple, but every character's face's silhouette is shaped like a 8, like oval-shaped but slightly thinner in the middle, making them a bit uncanny...the rest is just Koikatsu, which is already uncanny, like those animes meant to be in 2d but for some reason the people behind the animation of them, decide to make the characters in 3d but while everything is still in 2d...i mean, look Bastet, one of the few characters with lipstick, but in koikatsu, parts like nose and lips look like just drawn lines/underlines and the lipstick make those lines like they're highlighted with a red-marker, the nose is a line or a dot, which in anime/2d-art can work, but add the depth and both of these facial trait look weird...again it's mostly a problem of Koikatsu itself, so it's not the dev's fault...i simply wanted to vent a little, the bodies are fine tho, but koikatsu's faces are just what ruins everything, also it feels like the eyes and forehead are just too deep in the skull compared to the rest of the face...hard to explain.

Conclusion

When you think "Can this game get any worse?", you probably didn't mean it as challenge, but this game does take such a challenge and goes down hard on it, the game wants to win the challenge and it does, by literally sinking down your expectations, your interest and steal your time in the process.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

I really want to like this game because it's a decent looking harem incest game with managements elements, but the management elements are really poorly implemented, not fun and seem to be there just to waste time.
    The set up is pretty standard incest game set up: MC comes home and has to protect his family. That's neither here nor there for me, it's all competently handled and while there isn't enough novel stuff here to make me rate the game higher i'm not going to knock points off either.
    The models are nice if you like koikatsu and the scenes are all well put together. The interface kinda sucks and really suffers from not having a proper map or two
    What really drags this game down imo is the management/farming portion. You get 2 energy each day to do tasks but you have to spend that farming or you won't be able to hit the money requirement for the end of the week and oh yeah you also have to keep doing lewd shit or you loose points with the goddess that is helping you and your crops don't grow. Way too many moving parts and not enough thought i think in how the whole thing fits together as a cohesive whole.
    I'm sure you can probably grind farming for like an hour or so to start the game so money is no longer an issue, but that's frankly a pretty shitty way to start a game where the real draw is the lewd content.
    I broke down and dled the cheat mod, and frankly for a game that is billing itself as a management game, that's a failure
    It's not all bad and i'll keep plugging away because i like the tags and the visuals but in its current state i don't think this game deserves anything other than an average rating
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Satorius

So far so good. I am pretty impress about the game. Good storyline and animation is good. If someone want to hide the user interface you just need to press H. Usually for other game I just need to click on my middle button on my mouse but it didnt really work this time. It is kind of a good idea regarding this type of game. Farming and at the same time you can progress in the game. I give a Kudos for the idea :cool:
  10. 5.00 star(s)

AltonHaluk

This game is fun, the LIs have personality, backstory, and motivations.The promised mechanics and story are interesting! I check back regularly for updates, and would love to see more characters added!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Nameless842

Delivers what it promises. Being able to milk the girls is the best :Kappa:

It started with great content so for now I have high expectations on how they will take the story and how many girls they will add to the harem.

-The scenes are basic.
    -They give you little freedom in the day.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev @ My Family Farm v0.1.0]

I liked it~! Good bit of content for a 0.1 release.

Art's nice. Like the proportions. Yay boobs.

Writing's serviceable. Scenrio's been done, fluency has occasional hiccups, and the progression seems to be oddly linear for the sandbox presentation, but nothing is bad or made my eyes bleed.

Nothing squicked me. I don't care about the Pork Yer Si- Roommates but do care about milking and cowgirls and pregnancy and a bunch of other favorable marks present here.

TLDR: Noice~
  13. 5.00 star(s)

lurd

Great start of the game. There is no real grinding (up to now), great models except for the mc (which is way too small and childish in my opinion), and there seems to be some great future plans when looking at the menu's etc.
    I also like the story, which is almost never the case for me.
    Up to now, it ticks all my boxes.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

An_Able

I couldn't get that far into this despite trying to force myself multiple times. The grammar gives me headaches, no joke. But that's not my main complaint, the characters are.

I saw at least one review saying the characters were likable and I wonder if I downloaded a different game. The older sister uses you as a doormat, the younger sister hates you for no reason (literally locks you out of the house when you first get there,) the mother refuses to listen to you about law school and then subtly calls you dumb, the aunt is entirely inoffensive but I didn't see much of her because I stopped playing soon after meeting her, and the cousin found herself so attracted to you she completely ignored you and went out with your sister instead. So likable.

But the worst of all is the MC, who lets all these things happen without complaint, instead spending most of his time fantasizing about the girls then immediately feeling guilty cyclically. It's possible I may be overreacting to all this, but I find myself so tired of this type of character. The small, virgin boy who lets women do whatever they want and apologizes profusely for any minor inconvenience. It's so ubiquitous to so many of these games you could probably set up a drinking game around it.

The visuals are pretty bog-standard, but I've seen far worse in this style. The UI is actually quite developed and probably the best part of the game. The music is there.

I know this is a first release, but that also makes it a first impression and for me it certainly wasn't a good one. It doesn't deserve one star, there's clearly competence here, but I can't give it more than two either.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Loganfin

PROS:

• The dev has created the basics for a world where they can continue to build from here, which is always an important start.
    • There's a good bit of content for an early release, and most of it makes sense together. I was very pleased at how much there is already.
    • The women are all very attractive, and special attention was paid to several already clearly. I love how they all have really sexy curves and even the youngest ones are sexy adult WOMEN.
    • The player is given the ability to define relationships, which is always an awesome feature. It would be great if you could go back and redefine them later on.
    • The dev has laid the groundwork through character cards for some really awesome kinks later on, and made me enthusiastic to see more when it comes.
    CONS:

• The MC looks like a child. This is a huge turnoff. He's smaller than all of the women to a cringeworthy level. I understand that creating male characters in this software is limited, but there's no reason to make him so short.
    • The farming mechanic so far adds nothing to the game and is only in the way. It has the potential to detract later on. While it could be worked to be a good thing, I think I'd rather it be simplified to be more of a story element.
    • The interactions with the Goddess Bastet are a lot more odd than they really could or should be, and the dev strangely goes out of their way to make her sexy but off limits. To me, given that she's the Goddess of naughtiness and wearing almost nothing, it would have been a natural direction to have her and the MC have sex in order to level him up and teach him new seduction skills. Step by step, bit by bit. That way, he gets to not corrupt the women that he cares about (which is an eye roll aspect in itself) but gives the game a way to explain away how he's going to have sex (and potentially knock up!) all of these different women without it being a problem for any of them.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Wafflewaffuru

I enjoyed everything pretty much. The grinding in the farm doesn't seem that bad, the girls are all really cute and the premise is funny. It doesn't seem to take itself too seriously and can be a good thing in these kinda games I think.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Forgotted

Only 1 update in 9 months?
    Very poor writing and story.

The graphics are pretty basic and boring. The mother doesn't look old enough to be a lawyer as well as having kids this old.

The MC and twin sister's father died before they were born which makes the younger sis a bastard I suppose.

Admittedly I didn't get too far into the game but it still seems pretty entry level.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

I'll echo the other reviewers: This is a top-notch start.

All the characters so far feel distinct, both in personality and appearance. The plot is lighthearted and funny, yet intriguing. There already were multiple moments where I laughed out loud, and I can't wait to download later versions and see how it progresses.

The kinks involved are exactly up my alley, too. So far, it's just MILFs and incest, and that's fully optional - the game lets you define your relationship to any potentially-related characters as you see fit - but there's a framework for several more already built, just waiting to be explored.

On a more technical side, the UI is simple and effective, the grind for crops is minimal and gets easier over time while still making you feel like you actually work at a farm, and I experienced no obvious bugs during my the first chapter.

Overall, I loved it and have already subscribed to Farmguy's patreon.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Vulgi

Great first release

Pro:
    -The MC seems likeable
    -The humor is good and not over the top or cringy
    -So far all characters looking good and are likeable
    -Managing the farm is very simple, no mircromanagement
    -no grind, just follow the story / kalender hints

Negative
    - Nothing for now

Sry for my bad english :)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Boldano

Honestly this game is already off to a really strong start as of the initial release. Its already super polished in terms of UI, navigation, and visuals. There is a variety of characters, and each look great. The family characters are similar enough in appearance to make it feel like they are actually family, which is a rarity in this type of koikatsu game.

While there's a few typos, its not overwhelming and the dialogue itself is actually funny and endearing.

All in all its a well polished, relaxing sandbox game with fun writing and good visuals. Looking forward to seeing more of this.